MP2 USA EPG Data Import (1 Viewer)

W4ATL

Portal Member
September 8, 2015
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
Is there a recent procedure for USA users to import EPG data? I would like to use Schedules Direct like in MP1 but I haven't been able to get the XMLTV GUI to get the channels for my account. The EPG wiki instructions are outdated.

CyberSimian

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • June 10, 2013
    Southampton
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Is there a recent procedure for USA users to import EPG data? I would like to use Schedules Direct like in MP1 but I haven't been able to get the XMLTV GUI to get the channels for my account.
    I have not used MP2, but my understanding is that because MP2 uses essentially the same TV Server as MP1, the procedures for importing the EPG into TV Server are the same too.

I have also not used Schedules Direct, but there is a TV-Server plugin specifically for Schedules Direct. The "catch" is that you must select "xml" format on the Schedules Direct web site, and not the newer "json" format. You configure the plugin in "TV Server Config". Unfortunately, there does not seem to be a Wiki page that describes this plugin (at least, I have not been able to find one).

-- from CyberSimian in the UK

W4ATL

Portal Member
    September 8, 2015
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    I have not used MP2, but my understanding is that because MP2 uses essentially the same TV Server as MP1, the procedures for importing the EPG into TV Server are the same too.

I have also not used Schedules Direct, but there is a TV-Server plugin specifically for Schedules Direct. The "catch" is that you must select "xml" format on the Schedules Direct web site, and not the newer "json" format. You configure the plugin in "TV Server Config". Unfortunately, there does not seem to be a Wiki page that describes this plugin (at least, I have not been able to find one).

-- from CyberSimian in the UK
    Thanks. The Schedules Direct plugin that works for MP1 does not work for MP2. The installer for that plugin only works for MP1. I haven't been able to make the other methods work - mainly tvguide.com since EPG Buddy says that import is not working.

Users who are viewing this thread

Similar threads

Thanks for that. I found "Chnlineup" in the Sky grab and "FreesatEPG" in the Freesat grab and enabled them both in EPG Collector, and also set them as the EPG grabber for radio in MP2. But here's the odd thing: The next time I opened the XMLTV EPG mapper (where you map actual channels to channels available in the EPG), the radio...
    Thanks for that. I found "Chnlineup" in the Sky grab and "FreesatEPG" in the Freesat grab and enabled them both in EPG Collector...
    Following on from this thread: Previously I used EPG Collector very successfully to grab a 7 day OTA EPG which included the EPG...
    Replies
    Views
    Sorry, this is all I can add. I'm currently using MP 1.32 x64 Pre with Schedules Direct. My TVServer version is 1.31.10. I'm using the legacy SD-DD (XML) from Schedules Direct. My SD plugin version is 1.30.1 I'm hesitant to update fully to 1.32 x64 final
    Sorry, this is all I can add. I'm currently using MP 1.32 x64 Pre with Schedules Direct. My TVServer version is 1.31.10. I'm using...
    Win 7 64bit USA Downloaded MP2 last night. There was no plugin for SD (Schedule Direct) EPG Buddy was no help. I downloaded...
    Replies
    Views
    And this is the follow-up thread, which includes log files: PiP audio problem
    And this is the follow-up thread, which includes log files: PiP audio problem
    I just updated from 2.4. Update did not conserve my channels or epg plug-in or anything, looks like, which of course was a...
    Replies
    Views
    MP1 MP2 MP2 - V2.5 No genres after upgrade to 2.5 DE
    You need to check the wiki for TVMosaic, you have recordings as source available once TVM is installed. And of course images and music are part of the NET6 version as for NET4. If you have issues with it further infos would be good.
    You need to check the wiki for TVMosaic, you have recordings as source available once TVM is installed. And of course images and...
    Make sure that your system (Windows, codecs and drivers) is up to date, matching the Requirements and you've filled in your System...
    Replies
    Views
    The optimum settings for EPG grabbing will depend on your location in the world, and how you use your HTPC, so there is not a single setup that will suit everyone. This page in the Wiki explains some of the factors involved. The timeshift and idle grabbers can both be enabled if you wish, but the optimum settings for the timeshift...
    The optimum settings for EPG grabbing will depend on your location in the world, and how you use your HTPC, so there is not a...
    Since the BBC integrated their regional programs into their BBC One HD channel in the last couple of weeks my MP2 shows "No program...
    Replies
    Views
    Top Bottom