MPExtended in MP2 (1 Viewer)

toch

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 3, 2007
    Bergen
    Norway Norway
    Can I use MPExtended in providing access to MediaPortal 2 from all over the world ?

Lehmden

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 17, 2010
    Lehmden
    Germany Germany
    Country flag
    Hi.
    Short answer, no.
    Long answer:
    MPExtended was developed only for MP1. And the development of MPExtended is not very active since years now.

But there is light on the end of the tunnel... Right now there are heavy development is going on "behind the curtains" that will bring you MP2Extended to be included in the MP2 server. So in future you can use all features of MPExtended without any extra plugin/software. But I can not give you a time frame when this is ready to be released...

FreakyJ

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • July 25, 2010
    Germany Germany
    Country flag
    It is already working, but needs a custom installer because the MP2 Server needed some extensions. You can find the installer in the mp2 plugin section in the MP2Extended thread.

Rhody

Portal Member
    August 24, 2015
    United States of America United States of America
    Country flag
    Will WebMP work with MPExtended2 (or is it even necessary)? If not, is there also development for a WebMP2?

FreakyJ

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • July 25, 2010
    Germany Germany
    Country flag
    In theory it should work with webMP I haven't tested it so.

There is also work on MP2Web which is based on MP2 new api.
    Right now it supports settings, system status and showing movies. Also EPG and Scheduling is possible. Live streaming is not possible, yet.

pünktchen

Portal Pro
    October 26, 2010
    Germany Germany
    Country flag
    In theory it should work with webMP I haven't tested it so.

There is also work on MP2Web which is based on MP2 new api.
    Right now it supports settings, system status and showing movies. Also EPG and Scheduling is possible. Live streaming is not possible, yet.
    I also saw your new MP2Web api on github. Does it mean you will drop MP2Extended or will both coexist?

Users who are viewing this thread