MPExtended in MP2 (1 Viewer)

toch

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 3, 2007
    Bergen
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    Can I use MPExtended in providing access to MediaPortal 2 from all over the world ?

Lehmden

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 17, 2010
    Lehmden
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi.
    Short answer, no.
    Long answer:
    MPExtended was developed only for MP1. And the development of MPExtended is not very active since years now.

But there is light on the end of the tunnel... Right now there are heavy development is going on "behind the curtains" that will bring you MP2Extended to be included in the MP2 server. So in future you can use all features of MPExtended without any extra plugin/software. But I can not give you a time frame when this is ready to be released...

FreakyJ

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 25, 2010
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    It is already working, but needs a custom installer because the MP2 Server needed some extensions. You can find the installer in the mp2 plugin section in the MP2Extended thread.

Rhody

Portal Member
    August 24, 2015
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    Will WebMP work with MPExtended2 (or is it even necessary)? If not, is there also development for a WebMP2?

FreakyJ

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 25, 2010
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    In theory it should work with webMP I haven't tested it so.

There is also work on MP2Web which is based on MP2 new api.
    Right now it supports settings, system status and showing movies. Also EPG and Scheduling is possible. Live streaming is not possible, yet.

pünktchen

Portal Pro
    October 26, 2010
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    In theory it should work with webMP I haven't tested it so.

There is also work on MP2Web which is based on MP2 new api.
    Right now it supports settings, system status and showing movies. Also EPG and Scheduling is possible. Live streaming is not possible, yet.
    I also saw your new MP2Web api on github. Does it mean you will drop MP2Extended or will both coexist?

Users who are viewing this thread

Similar threads

Works also, removed the "section" entry from MediaPortal.xml ;) (y)
    Works also, removed the "section" entry from MediaPortal.xml ;) (y)
    This plugin is alternate version to the original World Weather plugin developed by @Micropolis. Is compatible with MediaPortal...
    Replies
    Views
    I've setup my HDHomeRun in MP1 as (4) IPTV cards rather than Atsc. I can see the (4) Atsc cards, but just have them disabled. I did it this way so I didn't have to edit the channel names every time tested a new TV-server install. Anyway, it works. I don't know if this would get you past the BDA driver issue. I'll provide more...
    I've setup my HDHomeRun in MP1 as (4) IPTV cards rather than Atsc. I can see the (4) Atsc cards, but just have them disabled. I...
    I am brand new to MediaPortal. I have installed MP 2.4.1 on Windows 10. It is a fresh install and fully up to date. I have an...
    Replies
    Views
    Good. I am pleased that that is now working for you. :) If you have ever looked at MP debug log files, you may have noticed that apparent errors are not rare, but these are "errors" that do not affect the functioning of the product. (It is not desirable to have these errors in the log file, as it misleads users, testers, and...
    Good. I am pleased that that is now working for you. :) If you have ever looked at MP debug log files, you may have noticed that...
    Hi, I am reinstalling MediaPortal 1.13 on a new W10 64Bit computer. In need to use this old version because of TVWishlist. So my...
    Replies
    Views
    Well, currently the plugin shows the sun/moon times in user's local time. As you said, It would require to add time zone parameter to the profile. I'll try to add this option in the next version. PS: please use official thread
    Well, currently the plugin shows the sun/moon times in user's local time. As you said, It would require to add time zone parameter...
    I have the current (1.0.2.0 level) World Weather Lite plugins installed on x86 and x64 different MP1 copies. When Location is...
    Replies
    Views
    Hi, I'll move this into an own thread under "feature requests". I like the idea, but I think we can currently not implement this with further changes. I've checked the models and there are no variables, that could be easily called.
    Hi, I'll move this into an own thread under "feature requests". I like the idea, but I think we can currently not implement this...
    MP2 is great, but I‘d rely one change. I can have optional help texts, which are nice for a first time use, but then do not have...
    Replies
    Views
    Top Bottom