[solved] MPTvScheduler - Android client for MediaPortal and TvServer (2 Viewers)

Anthony Gagnon

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 11, 2016
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    As a last @regeszter "service" to the community, I'm posting this version he sent me some months ago. At least it's not the one available in Google Play Store. That's for sure.

I don't have a changelog, but I can say internal player is now based on libvlc, and it's quite more stable. In my particular case, current public version tv playback stops randomly, which this private libvlc based one doesn't. He told me it was in alpha stage... but my experience is rock solid!

I would have loved him to be able to publish it himself... :(

PD: please, if anyone think this is inconvenient please tell me and I'll delete it. I don't think so.
    I actually have been having trouble getting the latest version on the Play Store to work. Does this APK work with Beta10 or Beta11?
    Thanks for posting.

Requiem

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 1, 2012
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Anyone knows why my screen on my Android phone (Android Pie on Galaxy S9+) turns off after a minute of watching something with MPTvScheduler? I think I've checked energy-saving options for it and turned them off, but still happens. Anyone can point at the switch I have to find?

nominefi

Portal Pro
    January 30, 2008
    Home Country
    Spain Spain
    Hello, i'm trying to use this app but i can´t to connect with tvserver.
    I'm using mp an tvserver for years without problems, but now i want to watch tv in my tablet.
    I installed mpextendend beta 11, and the app in the tablet. Open the port in my router.
    In the app setup i write the tvserver ip (internal,is in my lan), the firewall is off on windows.

I have the doubt what i have to do with "StreamingProfiles.xml"

thanks

tklon

Portal Pro
    September 3, 2004
    Germany
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Anyone knows why my screen on my Android phone (Android Pie on Galaxy S9+) turns off after a minute of watching something with MPTvScheduler? I think I've checked energy-saving options for it and turned them off, but still happens. Anyone can point at the switch I have to find?

i have the same behavior since yesterday on may tablet, after updating android from 8.1 to 9. did you manage to solve this?

megahorst

Super User
  • Team MediaPortal
  • Super User
  • July 8, 2006
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    i have the same behavior since yesterday on may tablet, after updating android from 8.1 to 9. did you manage to solve this?
    The same here.
    As a workaround you can open the OSD after the stream starts and close it again.
    For me the phone does not go to standby after this anymore.

Gesendet von meinem SM-G965F mit Tapatalk

tklon

Portal Pro
    September 3, 2004
    Germany
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    thank you megahorst. i switched from the internal player to vlc to solve this issue.
    later i installed the version from post #1030, which works with the internal player again on my android 9 tablet.

sorry to here that regeszter died. my condolences!

Last edited:

Requiem

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 1, 2012
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Sorry, I was not able to fix it and switched to Plex Media Server....

benicehavefun

Portal Member
    September 12, 2014
    Home Country
    Anybody know if the MPExtended Beta 10 and Beta 11 installers at the beginning of this thread include WebMediaPortal?

benicehavefun

Portal Member
    September 12, 2014
    Home Country
    Anybody know if the MPExtended Beta 10 and Beta 11 installers at the beginning of this thread include WebMediaPortal?

Just remembered I can look inside an MSI using 7-Zip -- so, I've done that, and the betas appear to be as labelled. Beta 9 includes WebMediaPortal, but 10 and 11 do not. Seems like I should install 9 first, and then 11 if I want to be up-to-date. If I do that, what version of WebMediaPortal will I be on? Will it be the 0.6 beta I've seen here -- or something newer?:

[Info] - WebMP 0.6 Beta Release

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom