Multi Channel Flac (1 Viewer)

Dr Tone

Portal Pro
October 29, 2008
Calgary, AB
Home Country
Canada Canada
Is there any way to get multi channel flac working without using diirectshow and madflac? Madflac doesn't support every possible combination of multi channel I have in my library. I have some 5.0 stuff as well as 5.1

jameson_uk

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 27, 2005
    Birmingham
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Is there any way to get multi channel flac working without using diirectshow and madflac? Madflac doesn't support every possible combination of multi channel I have in my library. I have some 5.0 stuff as well as 5.1
    I looked at this a while ago and IIRC BASS.NET does support multi-channel FLAC but the way it is implemented in MP limits it to stereo. This leaves directshow as the player and I have found madFLAC to support most setups? If not you could try a couple of things

Try a different directshow filter (FFDShow does this but I think this has a couple of issues with 24bit tracks)
    Try the ASIO plugin? Not sure this will do anything but potentially it may help match the channels?

What is madFLAC not doing? Is it not decoding at all ??

Users who are viewing this thread

Similar threads

MP1 MP2 [solved] Basic audio question... DE
    Yes, works, thanks. Deselecting "Prefer multichannel audio streams" under "Video Player" (under "Players") gives me the stereo stream, by default, in television also. Thanks for your help. N.
    Yes, works, thanks. Deselecting "Prefer multichannel audio streams" under "Video Player" (under "Players") gives me the stereo...
    Is there a way to set the default audio stream for live TV? The default default, so to speak, for me seems to be English...
    Replies
    Views
    Having exactly this issue upon performing a clean install of MediaPortal 1.34 64 bit on a clean Windows 11 install, off to try 1.33
    Having exactly this issue upon performing a clean install of MediaPortal 1.34 64 bit on a clean Windows 11 install, off to try 1.33
    Hi, went from a 1.29 install (working, reinstalled for other reasons) on a fairly fresh and fully updated Windows 10 system for a...
    Replies
    Views
    Concerning the HDHomerun Expand. This has 4 tuners, and is DVB-C It has, of course, latest software from Silicondust already installed, version name 20230713. BDA compatibility mode is set to MediaPortal. Advanced --- BDA driver set to InjectCVCT plus automatically select from tuners recommended.
    Concerning the HDHomerun Expand. This has 4 tuners, and is DVB-C It has, of course, latest software from Silicondust already...
    I have set up MP1 .34 on Win 11 Pro. I have a HDHomerun Expand DVB-C tuner, which I have used for about 10 years. Until about 2021...
    Replies
    Views
    Look for all GUI Exif properties: MediaPortal-1/mediaportal/Core/Util/ExifExtensions.cs at 58c955866fb54a8c293afe525862bbb50c8f7b28 · MediaPortal/MediaPortal-1 And: https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/threads/4986-add-to-mypictures-plugin-ability-to-search-view-by-keyword.133895/post-1273275
    Look for all GUI Exif properties: MediaPortal-1/mediaportal/Core/Util/ExifExtensions.cs at 58c955866fb54a8c293afe525862bbb50c8f7b28...
    I would like one of the above IPTC metadata fields to display when viewing pictures in MP. I don't really care which, as I can...
    Replies
    Views
    I have never used DVB-S/S2 (satellite), but I do use DVB-T/T2 (terrestrial), and I think that the behaviour would be the same. Generally, when performing a rescan, the recommendation is to select the Enable channel movement detection setting. Wherever possible, this will cause TV Server to: Preserve the channel selection status...
    I have never used DVB-S/S2 (satellite), but I do use DVB-T/T2 (terrestrial), and I think that the behaviour would be the same...
    Hi, I am using MP2 with DVBS2 for longer time. sevral channel have changed their name (eg "Welt der Wunder -> Lilo.tv). Is there a...
    Replies
    Views
    Top Bottom