My Explorer (1 Viewer)

lucascoco

Portal Member
December 5, 2005
Hallo,

i can see my folders but i can´t get in.
What is the problem.

Greets Holger

framug

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 31, 2005
    South of France
    Home Country
    France France
    Please, try this one :
    MEDIAPORTAL - free MediaCenter HTPC Software - My Explorer

If you wish Configuration plugin works with your language, please create xml file in \language\My Explorer\
    (example : strings_de.xml)

For the moment, supported languages are english and french.
    If you put your xml language file here, it will be integrated in MPI plugin asap.

Regards.

typhos

Portal Member
    August 1, 2008
    Suggestion for improvement:

In current version only local drives are shown and it would be very cool, if you can show the network shares in the list. I don't want to map drive letters to all my network shares to use them as network drives.

Maybe you could split the list view:

local
    -> C:
    -> D:
    -> ...
    network
    -> share1
    -> share2
    -> ...

sunflower

Portal Pro
    February 28, 2007
    Cologne
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Plugin doesn't work myexplorer.xml missing

After installation, I cannot find myexplorer.xml anywhere on myharddisk. Cllicked for blue3 an blue3wide.
    What went wrong?

framug

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 31, 2005
    South of France
    Home Country
    France France
    After installation, I cannot find myexplorer.xml anywhere on myharddisk. Cllicked for blue3 an blue3wide.
    What went wrong?
    Hello,
    Sorry, I have no time for create skins.
    If someone would provide My Explorer skins for B3 and B3W, it will be integrated on a next MPI.
    Otherwise not.
    Regards.

ToyRotar

Portal Member
    March 24, 2008
    Home Country
    Hi Sunflower,

I also had the same problem but got it to work by getting the Myexplorer.xml created by choosing blue2 skin from the installer, then go to the skins blue2 folder & copy the .xml & Media files over.

Hope this helps.

Users who are viewing this thread

Similar threads

My problem is that I would like to switch from Kodi to Mediaportal. In Kodi, putting an Extras folder in the same folder as the movie automatically manages all the extras on the Bluray, so my library is organized in this way. Moving everything would be a very long job (I have more than 2800 movies), plus I would lose the Extras...
    My problem is that I would like to switch from Kodi to Mediaportal. In Kodi, putting an Extras folder in the same folder as the...
    Hello, is it possible to exclude some folders from the Moving Pictures scan? My movies are organized in separate folders...
    Replies
    Views
    MP1 MP2 Auto Rating DE
    Sorry i dont use Mov Pic
    Sorry i dont use Mov Pic
    Hi, I have done this previously but have just done a fresh install of MP1 (1.34 X64) and for the life of me can't see how to do it...
    Replies
    Views
    OK, I found a way to make it work. It seems like MP-TV-series Configuration (and Moving Pictures Configuration) starts as Administrator, and the Administrator do not have yet logged in on the UNC \\192.168.222.247\Public even if the normal user on the PC have done it. So to fix it on the Win 11 HTPC: Created a shortcut to...
    OK, I found a way to make it work. It seems like MP-TV-series Configuration (and Moving Pictures Configuration) starts as...
    Hi! I was running MP1.33 x64 and I was fine and happy since many years, then the hard drive on the HTPC died. But I was able to...
    Replies
    Views
    For me, a clean install of 1.34 x64 TV server only on a fresh Windows 11 Pro device failed because the installation of MySQL in the background never completed, hence no database to connect to. A manual installation of MySQL worked fine, but I didn't know how to prepare MySQL for the TV server database. In the end, I opted for the...
    For me, a clean install of 1.34 x64 TV server only on a fresh Windows 11 Pro device failed because the installation of MySQL in the...
    Hi, went from a 1.29 install (working, reinstalled for other reasons) on a fairly fresh and fully updated Windows 10 system for a...
    Replies
    Views
    Yup....I've always set it to shares :) .....and just to repeat....all good in 1.30...!
    Yup....I've always set it to shares :) .....and just to repeat....all good in 1.30...!
    Have used MP1 for some years now....and without problems :) Problem now....is that I can see my Video folders....but they won't...
    Replies
    Views
    Top Bottom