My Films 6.0 final released ! (16.12.2012) - V6.0.3.2921 (MP 1.3 & 1.4) (2 Viewers)

Which Movie Catalog do you use with My Films 6?

• Total voters

Dadeo

Docs Group Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 26, 2006
    Himalayas, India
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    hi raffe - you lost me a bit there - maybe I am slow after the holidays :) You are asking how to do things in Moving Pictures? Of course you can backup your MovPics db - but that is something you should ask in the Moving Pics forum. - so I think I maybe missed the point?

I am guessing you want to know if you convert your MovPics db to My Films can you go back later? I guess that depends if MovPics will let you import from xml or nfo. My Films can export to either. Of course, you will lose some data as My Films supports more fields. Artwork, like covers, persons images and fanart is tricker because there are no standard naming conventions in MP (or anywhere else for that matter!) You can link any image to your My Films database. I guess the most common format between My Films MovPics and MP Videos is folder.jpg in the movie folder.

Anyway, I am just wandering about in the wilderness here. Might be better if you first confirm if I am on the right track ;)

If you are worried about losing data in MyFilms - don't be - it backs up your data everytime you import - in fact we need to add a way to clean up all the backups. Plus you can store your XML database anywhere you wish - it's just an XML file and does not need to be in Program Data and can be backed up like any other file. It's one of my favorite things about My Films - I have NEVER lost my database or any of my custom edits in 6 years.

xpe

Portal Member
    April 19, 2011
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I have two questions concerning the use of translated titles:

1) After the first import I configured the original title to be display in the movie list. After I loaded a lot of fanart, I updated the translated titled fields and now list the movies by the translated title. Unfortnuately the fanart of all titles where the translated title is different from the original title, the fanart isn't loaded.

So, if I understand correctly, the displayed title is used to determine the fanart folders and files. Is there a way to change this behaviour?

2) The "formattedtitle" seems to be populated by the "original title" property. Since I now use the translated titles, is there a possibility to update the "formattedtitle" field with formatted tranlated titles?

Thank you!

bwg

Portal Pro
    December 25, 2007
    Home Country
    I installed the latest version of Browse the Web plugin (3.8.0) and when trying to view actor details I get an incorrect version message, it says it requiresv3.0 or greater. Can anyone else confirm?

bkv

Portal Member
    February 27, 2010
    Home Country
    Czech Republic Czech Republic
    Errors MyFilms-V6.0.2.2791:
    1) wrong view covers for movies with the same name
    2) not to show films related to the group

Attachments

• ScreenShot2775.jpg
      ScreenShot2775.jpg
      273.9 KB
    • ScreenShot2776.jpg
      ScreenShot2776.jpg
      93.6 KB
    • ScreenShot2777.jpg
      ScreenShot2777.jpg
      88.5 KB
    • MyFilms.zip
      9.3 MB

Guzzi

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 20, 2007
    Hi bkv,
    unfirtunately, the logs you posted were not taken in "Debug" mode - can you please set loggin to "debug" in mediaportal and repost logs? Other files are fine.

bkv

Portal Member
    February 27, 2010
    Home Country
    Czech Republic Czech Republic
    Hi bkv,
    unfirtunately, the logs you posted were not taken in "Debug" mode - can you please set loggin to "debug" in mediaportal and repost logs? Other files are fine.
    Perhaps I am sending required.

doveman

Portal Pro
    February 12, 2008
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Just did a scan with AMC Updater (v6.02.2791) and it was mostly good but it doesn't seem to like DVD folders and gave the following

Code:
    15/01/2013 19:54:33 - ErrorEvent : ErrorEvent importing Art of War - The Betrayal (2008)\VIDEO_TS.IFO : An error occurred creating the form. See Exception.InnerException for details.  The error is: Current thread must be set to single thread apartment (STA) mode before OLE calls can be made. Ensure that your Main function has STAThreadAttribute marked on it.,	at AMCUpdater.My.MyProject.MyForms.Create__Instance__[T](T Instance)
      at AMCUpdater.My.MyProject.MyForms.get_Form1()
      at AMCUpdater.Module1.LogEvent(String EventString, EventLogLevel LogLevel)
      at AMCUpdater.Module1.GetFileData(String FilePath, String DataItem)
      at AMCUpdater.AntRecord.ProcessFile(ProcessModeNames ProcessMode)
    15/01/2013 19:54:46 - ErrorEvent : ErrorEvent importing Sympathy For The Devil\VIDEO_TS.IFO : An error occurred creating the form. See Exception.InnerException for details.  The error is: Current thread must be set to single thread apartment (STA) mode before OLE calls can be made. Ensure that your Main function has STAThreadAttribute marked on it.,	at AMCUpdater.My.MyProject.MyForms.Create__Instance__[T](T Instance)
    15/01/2013 19:54:59 - ErrorEvent : ErrorEvent importing Tupac Ressurection R1 NTSC\VIDEO_TS.IFO : An error occurred creating the form. See Exception.InnerException for details.  The error is: Current thread must be set to single thread apartment (STA) mode before OLE calls can be made. Ensure that your Main function has STAThreadAttribute marked on it.,	at AMCUpdater.My.MyProject.MyForms.Create__Instance__[T](T Instance)

there were a couple of files where they were properly named but AMCU still couldn't automatch them for some reason, such as

15/01/2013 19:31:12 - File Updated (moved) - E:\Media\Movies\Movies to Watch\Action\The Dark Knight Rises (2012)\The Dark Knight Rises (2012).mkv - ?????? ????? ???????+???? - Movie found by user's manual selection

and

15/01/2013 19:35:00 - File Updated (moved) - E:\Media\Movies\Movies to Watch\Thriller\The Bourne Legacy (2012)\The Bourne Legacy (2012).mkv - The Bourne Legacy (2012) - Movie found by user's manual selection

It looks like it might struggle with files being nested in several folders like this perhaps.

EDIT: Looking at the resulting database .xml in AMC, there's quite a few movies where for the Translated title it's put "?????? ????? ???????+????" or similar (all ? anyway). Any ideas what would have caused this?

Last edited:

vrm42

Portal Pro
    April 24, 2007
    Home Country
    Hungary Hungary
    Hi Guzzi!

Any news about this?
    Issue 264: Autorun AMCU when plugin starts

Gotta install MePo for a friend but this feature above is still missing. I'd like to push him towards MyFilms...
    Any beta would be appreciated :)

TLD

Portal Pro
    October 26, 2007
    Rainy Washington
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    I'm trying to use the external player function in MFs, I have searched the Wiki and found a section on playing with an external player in MFs but it doesn't show where to put the parameters for launching the player.
    I had the external player set up in videos and MFs was playing the movies in the external player, but now i have turned off the external player in Videos and want to set up MFs to play in external player and cant get it to work.

When i use the parameters: %filename% /fullscreen /play /close in Videos the external player works to play movies in Videos and MFs but when i disabled the external player in Videos and try to use the external player function in MFs with the same parameters the player starts for a second and then the player and MP disappear and i mean they are gone from the TV screen and gone from the task bar, i have to kill the player in taskmanager to get MP back.

I looked in the attached log file and i don't see the parameters MFs should have used when starting the external player, i copied them in the same box in MF config as the %filename% function is suppose to be in. I am not using any extension as i don't want to automatically use the external player and just want to be able to use the context menu to call for the external player as described in the wiki.

Attachments

• MyFilms.zip
      43.8 KB

Users who are viewing this thread