My Films 6.0 final released ! (16.12.2012) - V6.0.3.2921 (MP 1.3 & 1.4) (1 Viewer)

Which Movie Catalog do you use with My Films 6?

• Total voters

Dadeo

Docs Group Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 26, 2006
    Himalayas, India
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    First, sorry I meant to ask which grabber you use - only IMDB-Full allows you to select AKAs (and Certification) by Country. Even so, IMDB grabber shouldn't result in ????. So I would recommend you create a test config using Wizard with a couple sample cases where you still get ???? for Translated Titles and post your logs and XML db file so we can figure it out.

I can't reproduce the exception error you mentioned when changing grabbers in grabber config, so need more details - step by step what you did and what the exception is aso.

IMDB grabber: The Dark Knight Rises gives Batman: El caballero de la noche asciende <<< that's correct imo as that is the first AKA listed on IMDb - ofc there are many and when I use Grabber Engine to test I see them all mapped to Translated Title when I preview full grab.

IMDB-Full: The Dark Knight Rises gives Темний лицар поверта╓ться - looks like a bug in grabber - as there is no AKA for UK it seems to grab the AKA for Ukraine ;) - usually the country strings are unique but obviously not for UK :( maybe @z3us or @Guzzi know how to solve that?

doveman

Portal Pro
    February 12, 2008
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    I created a test.xml in AMC and manually created records for the movies that I identified in my previous post as giving ???? for the translated title.

I used this xml in MyFilms setup to create a new config and then opened that in AMCU. If I go to Update Movies and select Update Record, all records then I get the following, probably because I haven't entered the Source for the movies (note I didn't tick "only update with non-empty data" for this test):

27/02/2013 03:59:38 - Manual Database Operation Starting
    27/02/2013 03:59:38 - - Operation : Update Record
    27/02/2013 03:59:38 - - Parameters - Match All Records : True
    27/02/2013 03:59:38 - - Entry to process : 1 | Biutiful
    27/02/2013 03:59:38 - - Entry to process : 2 | Bunny and the Bull
    27/02/2013 03:59:38 - - Entry to process : 3 | Another Earth
    27/02/2013 03:59:38 - - Entry to process : 4 | The Amazing Spider-Man
    27/02/2013 03:59:38 - - Entry to process : 5 | The Bourne Legacy
    27/02/2013 03:59:38 - - Entry to process : 6 | The Dark Knight Rises
    27/02/2013 03:59:38 - Ready to Proceed. 6 Records Matched.
    27/02/2013 03:59:38 - ===================================================================================================
    27/02/2013 03:59:39 - Backing up xml file.
    27/02/2013 03:59:39 - Backing up xml file - done. (Test - 27-02-2013 03-44-09 - 27-02-2013 03-59-39.xml)
    27/02/2013 03:59:39 - Performing Manual Update Process
    27/02/2013 03:59:39 - File Not Scanned (File Not Found) : 1 | Biutiful
    27/02/2013 03:59:46 - ErrorEvent : ErrorEvent importing : Length cannot be less than zero.
    Parameter name: length, at System.String.InternalSubStringWithChecks(Int32 startIndex, Int32 length, Boolean fAlwaysCopy)
    at AMCUpdater.Module1.GetTitleFromFilePath(String FilePath)
    at AMCUpdater.AntRecord.ProcessFile(ProcessModeNames ProcessMode)
    27/02/2013 03:59:46 - File Not Scanned (File Not Found) : 2 | Bunny and the Bull
    27/02/2013 03:59:50 - ErrorEvent : ErrorEvent importing : Length cannot be less than zero.
    Parameter name: length, at System.String.InternalSubStringWithChecks(Int32 startIndex, Int32 length, Boolean fAlwaysCopy)
    27/02/2013 03:59:50 - File Not Scanned (File Not Found) : 3 | Another Earth
    27/02/2013 03:59:53 - ErrorEvent : ErrorEvent importing : Length cannot be less than zero.
    27/02/2013 03:59:53 - File Not Scanned (File Not Found) : 4 | The Amazing Spider-Man
    27/02/2013 03:59:57 - ErrorEvent : ErrorEvent importing : Length cannot be less than zero.
    27/02/2013 03:59:57 - File Not Scanned (File Not Found) : 5 | The Bourne Legacy
    27/02/2013 04:00:00 - ErrorEvent : ErrorEvent importing : Length cannot be less than zero.
    27/02/2013 04:00:00 - File Not Scanned (File Not Found) : 6 | The Dark Knight Rises
    27/02/2013 04:00:03 - ErrorEvent : ErrorEvent importing : Length cannot be less than zero.
    27/02/2013 04:00:03 - Manual Update Process Complete.
    27/02/2013 04:00:03 - ===================================================================================================
    I think most of those movies are now on my other PC, so offline but The Dark Knight Rises is on this PC so I added the Source in AMC but it still gives the same results as above. So I went to the View Movies tab and selected it and clicked Update Movie and that pops up the list of possible matches and when I select the right one, it returns the results window. Unfortunately it then locks up and crashes when I try to scroll down but I did manage to get down to see Translated Title once and that had El caballero de la noche asciende, so I'm no closer to understanding what caused the ????? I'm afraid (although I have updated the grabber scripts since then, so I'll try doing a rescrape on my normal catalog again tomorrow and see what happens).

doveman

Portal Pro
    February 12, 2008
    Home Country
    Well updating the records didn't get rid of the ???? but it's possible that it simply didn't update the Translated Titles for those movies and not that it grabbed ???? again, so I'll manually delete the ???? and update again.

I notice the log always shows the foreign translation first, which seems a bit strange as my preferred country is set to UK but maybe that doesn't matter?

Code:
    27/02/2013 19:56:23 - File Scanned for Data : 168 | Comando especial | 21 Jump Street - Movie found by imdb hint (tt1232829). - Updated: OriginalTitle, TranslatedTitle, FormattedTitle, Date, Checked, Source, Languages, Resolution, Length, VideoFormat, VideoBitrate, AudioFormat, AudioBitrate, AudioChannelCount (CustomFields), AudioChannelCount, Aspectratio (CustomFields), Aspectratio, Framerate, Size, Disks, Languages, Year, Country, Category, URL, Rating, Director, Actors, Comments, Picture, Writer (CustomFields), Writer, TagLine (CustomFields), TagLine, IMDB_Id (CustomFields), IMDB_Id, TMDB_Id (CustomFields), TMDB_Id, Fanart (CustomFields), Fanart
    27/02/2013 19:56:52 - File Scanned for Data : 171 | Batman DCU: Mroczny rycerz powrot, czesc 1 | Batman: The Dark Knight Returns, Part 1 - Movie found by imdb hint (tt2313197). - Updated: OriginalTitle, TranslatedTitle, FormattedTitle, Date, Checked, Source, Languages, Resolution, Length, VideoFormat, VideoBitrate, AudioFormat, AudioBitrate, AudioChannelCount (CustomFields), AudioChannelCount, Aspectratio (CustomFields), Aspectratio, Framerate, Size, Disks, Languages, Year, Country, Category, URL, Rating, Director, Actors, Comments, Picture, Writer (CustomFields), Writer, TagLine (CustomFields), TagLine, IMDB_Id (CustomFields), IMDB_Id, TMDB_Id (CustomFields), TMDB_Id, Fanart (CustomFields), Fanart
    27/02/2013 19:57:17 - File Scanned for Data : 174 | Enemigo público | Enemy of the State - Movie found by imdb hint (tt0120660). - Updated: OriginalTitle, TranslatedTitle, FormattedTitle, Date, Checked, Source, Languages, Resolution, Length, VideoFormat, VideoBitrate, AudioFormat, AudioBitrate, AudioChannelCount (CustomFields), AudioChannelCount, Aspectratio (CustomFields), Aspectratio, Framerate, Size, Disks, Languages, Year, Country, Category, URL, Rating, Director, Actors, Comments, Picture, Writer (CustomFields), Writer, TagLine (CustomFields), TagLine, IMDB_Id (CustomFields), IMDB_Id, TMDB_Id (CustomFields), TMDB_Id, Fanart (CustomFields), Fanart
    27/02/2013 19:57:42 - File Scanned for Data : 177 | A casa con Jeff | Jeff, Who Lives at Home - Movie found by imdb hint (tt1588334). - Updated: OriginalTitle, TranslatedTitle, FormattedTitle, Date, Checked, Source, Languages, Resolution, Length, VideoFormat, VideoBitrate, AudioFormat, AudioBitrate, AudioChannelCount (CustomFields), AudioChannelCount, Aspectratio (CustomFields), Aspectratio, Framerate, Size, Disks, Languages, Year, Country, Category, URL, Rating, Director, Actors, Comments, Picture, Writer (CustomFields), Writer, TagLine (CustomFields), TagLine, IMDB_Id (CustomFields), IMDB_Id, TMDB_Id (CustomFields), TMDB_Id, Fanart (CustomFields), Fanart
    27/02/2013 19:58:06 - File Scanned for Data : 180 | El precio de la codicia | Margin Call - Movie found by imdb hint (tt1615147). - Updated: OriginalTitle, TranslatedTitle, FormattedTitle, Date, Checked, Source, Languages, Resolution, Length, VideoFormat, VideoBitrate, AudioFormat, AudioBitrate, AudioChannelCount (CustomFields), AudioChannelCount, Aspectratio (CustomFields), Aspectratio, Framerate, Size, Disks, Languages, Year, Country, Category, URL, Rating, Director, Actors, Comments, Picture, Writer (CustomFields), Writer, TagLine (CustomFields), TagLine, IMDB_Id (CustomFields), IMDB_Id, TMDB_Id (CustomFields), TMDB_Id, Fanart (CustomFields), Fanart
    27/02/2013 19:58:15 - File Scanned for Data : 181 | A Cidade do Novo Paraíso | New Jack City - Movie found by imdb hint (tt0102526). - Updated: OriginalTitle, TranslatedTitle, FormattedTitle, Date, Checked, Source, Resolution, Length, VideoFormat, VideoBitrate, AudioFormat, AudioBitrate, AudioChannelCount (CustomFields), AudioChannelCount, Aspectratio (CustomFields), Aspectratio, Framerate, Size, Disks, Languages, Year, Country, Category, URL, Rating, Director, Actors, Comments, Picture, Writer (CustomFields), Writer, TagLine (CustomFields), TagLine, IMDB_Id (CustomFields), IMDB_Id, TMDB_Id (CustomFields), TMDB_Id, Fanart (CustomFields), Fanart

Dadeo

Docs Group Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 26, 2006
    Himalayas, India
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    It's hard to know without seeing your config files for MF and AMCU doveman and those won't even show the settings you used for Update Movies unless you save that AMCU config.

Here's how I usually test:
    1. Copy dummy movie file(s) in SampleMovies (C:\ProgramData\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\MyFilms\SampleMovies) and rename them to the movies I want to test (e.g. The Dark Knight Rises) OR put them in a new Test folder
    2. Use Setup Wizard to create a new config - default settings - select either the SampleMovies or Test folder as movies folder
    3. Import using AMCU (I usually delete the AMCupdater.log first so I can just see the test results in the log)
    If all is OK with default settings, THEN I create a new config via setup wizard with different settings until I see which setting is causing the issues. That also gives me config and log files I can submit so Guzzi can actually find the source of the issue.

What you did is OK, but it's a bit like trying to find a needle in a haystack because there are so many variables. ;)

doveman

Portal Pro
    February 12, 2008
    Home Country
    Thanks, I'll do it like that then to make things clearer :)

EDIT: Ah, first stumbling block. I don't have a SampleMovies;)

Last edited:

Guzzi

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 20, 2007
    EDIT: Ah, first stumbling block. I don't have a SampleMovies;)
    You might not have it ticked when installing MyFilms - reinstalling MyFilms via installer and selecting it should add it.

doveman

Portal Pro
    February 12, 2008
    Home Country
    It's hard to know without seeing your config files for MF and AMCU doveman and those won't even show the settings you used for Update Movies unless you save that AMCU config.

Here's how I usually test:
    1. Copy dummy movie file(s) in SampleMovies (C:\ProgramData\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\MyFilms\SampleMovies) and rename them to the movies I want to test (e.g. The Dark Knight Rises) OR put them in a new Test folder
    2. Use Setup Wizard to create a new config - default settings - select either the SampleMovies or Test folder as movies folder
    3. Import using AMCU (I usually delete the AMCupdater.log first so I can just see the test results in the log)
    If all is OK with default settings, THEN I create a new config via setup wizard with different settings until I see which setting is causing the issues. That also gives me config and log files I can submit so Guzzi can actually find the source of the issue.

What you did is OK, but it's a bit like trying to find a needle in a haystack because there are so many variables. ;)

Sorry, only just found time to get round to doing this ;)

So with the default settings I don't think there were any problems. Looking at the View Movies tab, all the Original Titles are English (not sure what language the Translated Titles are but I don't think that really matters). That was using IMDB.xml grabber, so then I did a scan with IMDB-Full.xml with Preferred Country set to UK, Secondary Title Country set to USA. Again it's got English titles for Original and Translated is just blank, which again I don't think matters.

So I'm not really any nearer to understanding what was causing the ????? but it may just have been an outdated grabber.

Attachments

• MyFilmsAMCSettings_Test2.xml
      7.5 KB
    • MyFilmsAMCSettings_Test3.xml
      7.5 KB
    • Test3.xml
      52.6 KB
    • Test2.xml
      359.6 KB

rickyman1977

Portal Member
    June 20, 2012
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    i am wondering r u going to make Myfilm compatible with MP 1.4?

Guzzi

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 20, 2007
    Once I update my environment to MP1.4 I'll do that.
    As I am running everything on XP, that wasn't clear until recently.
    Re problems reported about grabbing: IMDB grabbers need updating, as Amazon changed a lot on their site...

Users who are viewing this thread