My Films 6.0 final released ! (16.12.2012) - V6.0.3.2921 (MP 1.3 & 1.4) (2 Viewers)

Which Movie Catalog do you use with My Films 6?

• Total voters

Iceman89610

Portal Pro
July 19, 2008
Ipswich
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
Great work guys. Still requires the following (I think)......

1. Option to use own folder.jpg and backdrop.jpg if theses files are present within the movie folder. If not, use downloaded graphics.
2. Automatic sorting and grouping (such as IMDB+).

Other than that, great as far as I can see.

Stephen

Dadeo

Docs Group Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 26, 2006
    Himalayas, India
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    Thanks @Iceman89610!
    1. You can use folder.jpg - see Picture Handling in AMCU settings, or you can use it with NFO grabber (selectable in Setup Wizard now) I will try to make that a bit more 'obvious' in the wiki ;)
    2. You can also use fanart in your movie folder using NFO grabber script - see Fanart Handling in AMCU settings - especially 'use Script for Fanart' (e.g. NFO grabber) - although I would appreciate if you would add that to the tracker because imo it is not exactly what you want yet. Also, I think users name fanart in their movie folder in many different ways, so that has to be considered as well.
    3. Automatic sorting and grouping - You can also do this in several ways - you don't need an add on - see Box Sets, Series, Groups - best of all in My Films you can even create or change Groups in the GUI!
    If those features don't meet your needs, please provide a bit more detail what you wish to achieve and we'll see what can be done. Thanks!

Last edited:

doveman

Portal Pro
    February 12, 2008
    Home Country
    Nice job (y)

From a quick look, it seems that you've eliminated those nasty double negatives and the Wiki's a lot clearer about the Import Modes now. :)

Dadeo

Docs Group Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 26, 2006
    Himalayas, India
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    Thanks doveman - an early Christmas present for you :p Guzzi and I spent the last two days working it out to squeeze it in 6.0.1 final! As you will see in the Issue Tracker, we still want to move the 'Import Behaviour in My Films' setting to My Films setup (where it really belongs!), and add the option in GUI > Global settings as well, but that was a bit more risky change :eek: and we did not want to delay release. So we'll try to do that for 6.0.2 or 6.1.

The worst part was finding and editing 20+ pages in wiki where it was mentioned :cry:

Last edited:

doveman

Portal Pro
    February 12, 2008
    Home Country
    Well I do appreciate my early Christmas present from Guzzi and yourself. No longer will I go half-mad trying to work out what the settings do :p

I dare say you need a well-deserved lie-down after all that though :sleep:

Definitely the right call to not try and fix everything at once though. Always best to leave major/risky changes until everything's settled down a bit and Christmas isn't rapidly approaching as no-one wants to be faced with loads of "help!" messages if something doesn't work as it should at that time of year.

Hell, I was talking about my brother's PC I was building for him last Christmas and I still haven't got it done :oops: I nearly managed it for his birthday in September until the motherboard died on me and I lost the will to live :cry: but I'm sure I'll get it done one day, hopefully before his clapped out P3 completely dies on him!

Dadeo

Docs Group Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 26, 2006
    Himalayas, India
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    Thanks doveman - yes we want to focus on solving any issues that arise in My Films 6 over the next month or so, especially as users 'grow into' using all the new features. I think we caught most of them during the beta and all the testing our testers did! But you know how it is ;) - hard to catch every possible issue especially when My Films supports so many different use cases and setups (just like MP does!)

Of course there may also be changes with MP 1.3.0 beta soon to be released - at least skin changes to support the new Default skin and the great new skin features beta supports. And everyone will be busy playing with beta anyways. ;)

I think you should wait till your brother's P3 craps out - I don't think it even meets the hardware requirements for MP! :p Then you can tell him it was a planned strategy, not your tardiness ;) Better yet, buy him something for Christmas (and save yourself the time) - the money will be worth it! LOL

z3us

Portal Pro
    December 4, 2007
    Home Country
    Spain Spain
    Do you think that the "enable trakt" checkbox is necessary? It´s redundant, because in the trakt config there is already a checkbox for myfilms.

Guzzi

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 20, 2007
    Do you think that the "enable trakt" checkbox is necessary? It´s redundant, because in the trakt config there is already a checkbox for myfilms.
    Hi, yes, this is needed, because: If users do have multiple configs, they can enable and disable the trakt support PER config.
    Example:
    config A: movies (trakt enabled)
    config B: documentation (trakt disabled)
    config C: private movies (trakt disabled)
    For single config users, it is of course a "redundant" setting, yes...

Guzzi

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 20, 2007
    My Films 6.0.2 maintenance release
    (supports MediaPortal 1.2.x and 1.3 beta)

Update available, mainly fixing issues reported so far.

ChangeLog for V6.0.2:

Features:
    - Add new property to show info about related context
    - Move 'Import if no auto match' setting from AMCU to MF Setup and add to MF GUI options
    - Allow edition of previously created filter expressions for views

Fixes:
    - With multi part movies a "watched" event is send after each part
    - person role should be removed from label2 in related persons view
    - Internal IMDB person info grabber stopped working due to IMDB changes
    - Random Fanart does not display when Reverse Person Names is enabled
    - Some Person Image Files being saved in wrong directory
    - Bluray from folder do not natively play with MP1.3alpha
    - '&' not correctly displayed in Movie Titles and cover does not display in facade
    - Rework of internal dialog handling
    - navigation engine does have inconsistant behaviour for start settings
    - Custom Movie Group Settings are not applied in GUI and Layout is not saved.
    - Back navigation sets visibility condition too late
    - MP language is not properly detected and used
    - View Options context menu options do not work correctly for Group lists
    - Download Person Images (selected film) displays on Main window context menu under Updates
    - Grabber Interface - Detail tab : "Genre" should be "Category"

Download via Repo or MPE installer.

Have fun,

Guzzi

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread