MyFilms sorting (1 Viewer)

u28151

Portal Pro
March 24, 2005
Home Country
Sweden Sweden
Hi,

I want to be able to sort movies by Original title and apparently that is not one of the choices in drop down list.
Would very much have that implemented as an option if possible!

Thanks for a very useful plugin!

Attachments

• MyFilms Config.jpg
    MyFilms Config.jpg
    115.5 KB

Guzzi

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 20, 2007
    Hi,

I want to be able to sort movies by Original title and apparently that is not one of the choices in drop down list.
    Would very much have that implemented as an option if possible!

Thanks for a very useful plugin!
    Hi, I think that makes sense, yes. Can you please create a request in the tracker, I think this can be done for 6.0.3...

Dadeo

Docs Group Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 26, 2006
    Himalayas, India
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    IIRC the reason My Films uses Formatted title iss because you set how you want Formatted Title to work in AMC Preferences.

Capture.JPG

I assume the problem arises when you use only AMCU and My Films to generate a catalog? But if we change this won't it affect the many users who always sorted by Formatted Title?

It doesn't affect me personally since I always set Formatted Title to Original Title in AMC.

Guzzi

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 20, 2007
    Sure,doesn't affect me too beause same reason - but for other use cases, title content can be populated in different ways - so I basically agree, that the user should have the freedom to choose the title he/she prefers for sorting. So far, I didn't see a problem regarding compatibility - if I missed something, please point me to it :)
    Maybe we should note, that in GUI you can select ANY field for sorting (using "show all" in sort selection dialog). So this is still a workaround to e.g. use other title. So for consistency, we should maybe allow that in setup too !?

Dadeo

Docs Group Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 26, 2006
    Himalayas, India
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    My question related to backwards compatibility - IRC My Films has used Formatted Title for sort - forever? If so, then what happens to all the configs that were set to Formatted Title? Will they just switch to Original Title? If so, what happens to configs where formatted title was NOT set in AMC to the same as Original Title - i.e. suddenly after years of use a user is now required to go into GUI and select Formatted title every time they open MF?

How are you supposed to sort by Translated Title as the default sort now - before you set Formatted Title to Translated Title in AMC.

So yes, for that reason I would recommend adding Original Title to sort in setup rather than replacing Formatted Title.

Guzzi

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 20, 2007
    My question related to backwards compatibility - IRC My Films has used Formatted Title for sort - forever? If so, then what happens to all the configs that were set to Formatted Title? Will they just switch to Original Title? If so, what happens to configs where formatted title was NOT set in AMC to the same as Original Title - i.e. suddenly after years of use a user is now required to go into GUI and select Formatted title every time they open MF?

How are you supposed to sort by Translated Title as the default sort now - before you set Formatted Title to Translated Title in AMC.

So yes, for that reason I would recommend adding Original Title to sort in setup rather than replacing Formatted Title.
    We are all the time only discussing about adding the (currently missing) titles to the selection. So it should not change for any existing config, unless users actively chages that setting. We just offer the OriginalTitle and TransdlatedTitle as additional option to the already existing FormattedTitle!?

Dadeo

Docs Group Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 26, 2006
    Himalayas, India
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    OK gotcha - however in build 2822 I have ONLY Original Title now (in dropdown list for Movies or Group sort in Views Setup) - no more Formatted Title, which is why I was confused ;)

Guzzi

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 20, 2007
    OK gotcha - however in build 2822 I have ONLY Original Title now (in dropdown list for Movies or Group sort in Views Setup) - no more Formatted Title, which is why I was confused ;)
    Ok, it seems, we do not know MyFilms very good :ROFLMAO: ... -> on General Tab, you can SET the sort title - and that is the title, you can then select in the drop down !
    Guess, I have to spend more time reading the wiki ;)

Dadeo

Docs Group Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 26, 2006
    Himalayas, India
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: - even the numskull who wrote the wiki can't remember - and I even checked it! But totally forgot about that setting on General Tab. So do we even need to change anything @u28151 ? Can you try changing the Sort Title on the General Tab and confirm if that does what you want? Thanks!

u28151

Portal Pro
    March 24, 2005
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: - even the numskull who wrote the wiki can't remember - and I even checked it! But totally forgot about that setting on General Tab. So do we even need to change anything @u28151 ? Can you try changing the Sort Title on the General Tab and confirm if that does what you want? Thanks!
    Hi
    Thank you for this massive effort :)
    I can confirm that when changing from Translated Title (Original Title) -> Original Title (Translated Title) in AMC the Films are sorting correctly in MyFilms plugin. However I loose the ability to sort the Films in the database in a dynamic way.
    I tried to work around this problem by changing the search parameter directly in the config file for MyFilms plugin from Formattedtitle -> OriginalTitle. Problem is that when changing views in MP GUI while in MyFilms, the config file reverts back to FormattedTitle.
    So, yes it is working this way but I would rather have the extra option to configure the plugin and AMC independent of each other,
    Thanks again!

Users who are viewing this thread