Network setup (1 Viewer)

sadee

October 29, 2005
Amarillo
I am a MP newbie and would like to set up a backend system and a frontend system over my home network. Is this possible?

samuel337

Portal Pro
August 25, 2004
Melbourne, Australia
Not with MP at the moment, as it does not support a client/server structure.

You can however store music and video clips on a main server and tell MP to use them though.

If you want TV, you'll need a TV card in each client.

Sam

Users who are viewing this thread

Similar threads

I find the interface and operation of Media Portal especially 1 worlds better than Kodi. It's much easier to set up everything. Interestingly, a buddy and I once installed 2 PCs and connected them to 2 TVs and showed them to several buddies who didn't know either. They knew Kodi from the media. But they all voted unanimously for...
I find the interface and operation of Media Portal especially 1 worlds better than Kodi. It's much easier to set up everything...
Hi everybody, after 15+ years of using MediaPortal, I gave Kodi with an VDR backend a try as I wanted to switch from Windows...
Replies
Views
FYI: I now got TV Server running also under Windows system user while being able to write to a network share (this means without having to start the service as a different user). The reason for me trying this out was that using the "different user for service" approach, there was one minor issue where TV Service could not write to the...
FYI: I now got TV Server running also under Windows system user while being able to write to a network share (this means without...
Hi everybody, after recently setting up a Xen hypervisor with MediaPortal 1 TV Backend on Windows Server 2012 as a virtual machine...
Replies
Views
How do you check it? And why keep it when we have an IMDBID in the database - it's almost 100% guaranteed accurate identification of the film, IMDBURL is just unnecessary information that will clutter the database.
How do you check it? And why keep it when we have an IMDBID in the database - it's almost 100% guaranteed accurate identification...
While we are chatting, now get mad, you know that I said I would refactor the database to get rid of any redundancies. I've done...
Replies
Views
I found the resolution: I had set this registry value set to 0: [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\WBEM\CIMOM] "EnableEvents"="0" As soon as I set it back to the default value 1, TV server did no longer say port 554 is bound and TV was working. On MediaPortal 1.4.0 and earlier the reg value could be set to 0 without any problem...
I found the resolution: I had set this registry value set to 0: [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\WBEM\CIMOM]...
I've described my problem here: https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/threads/satellite-tv-not-working-in-mediaportal-1-28.140530/ And...
Replies
Views
Added this setting in PVHD skin - need to do it for DWHD for the final release ;)
Added this setting in PVHD skin - need to do it for DWHD for the final release ;)
Not sure if this is the right place to ask but is it possible to have MP show the file names of photos that are being displayed in...
Replies
Views
Top Bottom