Network setup (1 Viewer)

sadee

October 29, 2005
Amarillo
I am a MP newbie and would like to set up a backend system and a frontend system over my home network. Is this possible?

samuel337

Portal Pro
August 25, 2004
Melbourne, Australia
Not with MP at the moment, as it does not support a client/server structure.

You can however store music and video clips on a main server and tell MP to use them though.

If you want TV, you'll need a TV card in each client.

Sam

Users who are viewing this thread

Similar threads

You don't need a Windows account. You can also remove the login password so that the PC is always logged in the same way. Makes sense at an HTPC because you don't have to connect a mouse and keyboard. ------------------------- Du benötigst kein Windows Account. Ebenso kannst Du das Anmelde Passwort entfernen so das der PC immer...
You don't need a Windows account. You can also remove the login password so that the PC is always logged in the same way. Makes...
Before i install MediaPortal2 I read the system information . It says: Setup your system to auto-logon when Windows starts. My...
Replies
Views
I upgraded my Mediaportal PC (Server and Client) to Windows 11 to solve some driver issues as it was new hardware. Then I discovered that my other two Mediaportal Client PCs running Windows 10 would no longer work. I now have them both working and as I could not find any discussions on similar problems, I thought I would just post my...
I upgraded my Mediaportal PC (Server and Client) to Windows 11 to solve some driver issues as it was new hardware. Then I...
I upgraded my Mediaportal PC (Server and Client) to Windows 11 to solve some driver issues as it was new hardware. Then I...
Replies
Views
I find the interface and operation of Media Portal especially 1 worlds better than Kodi. It's much easier to set up everything. Interestingly, a buddy and I once installed 2 PCs and connected them to 2 TVs and showed them to several buddies who didn't know either. They knew Kodi from the media. But they all voted unanimously for...
I find the interface and operation of Media Portal especially 1 worlds better than Kodi. It's much easier to set up everything...
Hi everybody, after 15+ years of using MediaPortal, I gave Kodi with an VDR backend a try as I wanted to switch from Windows...
Replies
Views
MP1 MP2 MP2 - V2.4.1 MP2-V2.4.1 Installation crashes DE
Great it finally works and you can enjoy MP2. I've added this as possible solution for error 1603 into our wiki in case others face simular.
Great it finally works and you can enjoy MP2. I've added this as possible solution for error 1603 into our wiki in case others face...
Hello guys, I am a newbie to this forum and to Mediaportal. I am not able to get the installation finish without errors. I...
Replies
Views
Ok, now this really pisses me off, because I tried that yesterday and when I fired up MP and selected videos, it hung. I just tried it now and that appears to be working. (Networks. I hate networks.) Thanks.
Ok, now this really pisses me off, because I tried that yesterday and when I fired up MP and selected videos, it hung. I just...
I have an existing HTPC that I've been using for years. I'm replacing it with a new machine and I'm trying to get it configured...
Replies
Views
Top Bottom