New build? (1 Viewer)

mama

Portal Pro
May 31, 2004
Germany
I´m getting really nervous while pressing F5 the whole day. There was no new build since over a week. :shock: Will there be one the next time?

FlipGer

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 27, 2004
    Leipzig, Germany
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi mama,

hmm. I also thought: Man a long time. ;)

The last CVS i grabbed (today) did not compile, there were many errors. So, i think frodo is doing much redesign currently (correct me, frodo, if i am wrong). Since the last Build is very stable and has not many bugs afaik, i think we can wait a little bit....two or three days... :)

Stay tuned, Flip.

mama

Portal Pro
    May 31, 2004
    Germany
    Be sure I´m staying tuned every day! :D

I also tried to get the CVS today (worked) and to compile it (did not work) the first time ever because of the long time. It´s not really because of bugs what makes me nervous waiting for a new release, it´s the fun downloading it and take a look what has changed. It´s a bit like christmas every time. ;)

I´m afraid of the time, when MP is almost 100% working with all features ever requested. What shall I do then? No christmas every week... :cry:

waeberd

Portal Pro
    August 16, 2004
    Fribourg (CH)
    mama said:
    I´m afraid of the time, when MP is almost 100% working with all features ever requested. What shall I do then? No christmas every week... :cry:

:lol:
    well.... you could.... for example..... START USING IT (instead of always just tweaking and optimizing the configuration)! :wink:

That's my case right now, checking out the new features, improving configuration..... and go to bed - because there is no time left to JUST USE it! 8)

FlipGer

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 27, 2004
    Leipzig, Germany
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hiho,

waeberd: MP is not only for tweaking puporses? You can use it? Man, i must have missed something. ;) :lol:

mama: I know what you mean. I am always impressed when a new Build comes out. Testing out the new possibilites is a pleasure.

MP rulez! :)

Flip.

mama

Portal Pro
    May 31, 2004
    Germany
    Well, that´s exactly my problem. The only way to play with it is, when my wife is not watching TV (mostly when she´s riding here horse every evening), but then my favourite shows are in TV. So there´s no real chance to tweak it, because it´s under heaviest use. :D

MrMario64

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 22, 2004
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Hi,

there was always a reason to wait some more for release.. :)

I'll make a new release when filmstrip is a bit matured / stable / usable.
    Won't be that long I think for the first usable version.

Here is an actual screenshot of it in My Pictures.

filmstrip_real.jpg

Note: this is the initial version, the extra info is not implemented yet.

hamheed

Portal Member
    September 14, 2004
    Toronto, Canada
    Filmstrip View is looking good!

Mr. Mario,

I really like this filmstrip view!

One request: Can we make the icon text configurable??? Meaning, can a setting be put in place to not show any text under the icons at the bottom???

Reason being, most of the time, my files for pictures especially, have really obscure names, and the thumbnail is enough for me...

Users who are viewing this thread