Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 7, 2004
    Germany
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi all,

the new Skinpage is ready now !! :)

You can find here all arround Skins, Skintools, Mods, Backrounds and so on for MP.

I have hostet the Site on:
    http://www.elektronik-city.de/

In two weeks the site will become his own URL, i have orderd a new url for it by my provider.
    Than the site will be found on :
    http://www.mediaportal-skins.net/

Greetings 8) Harley

Harley

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 7, 2004
    Germany
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi Frost,

i think your Idea is good,
    but it will be better if the information and skins will be checkt before upload. Because MP comes allways with new Versions and the user must see with wich version the Skin will be run.
    So in the Future, (..if there will be downloaded Skins ) i will ckeck the Skins and noticed on the page with wich version they will be run.

The Skineditor would be a helpfull thing , but i think it will be not comes many more working Skins with it. Because with the current tool of smirnoff you can yet also make your skins with a editor and you can see with the tool the changes in realtime. But now after comming this tool it have not come more working skin.

I think the problem is that making a complete skin will take many many time. And in progress and after finishing you must allways work on it for all the updates and changes of MP Versions.

But i hope, there will be in the Future many many of wonderfull new skins.

(.. the first one will come in the next days, take allways a look on the site ;) )

Greetings 8) Harley

A

Anonymous

Hi harley, i looked at your page, and i only found 1 that *really* needed some editing (no offense!) I am PM'ing you with the revised version now. Thanks! :D

A

Anonymous

Proofing

Great site!!!

I thought I'd help out and do some proofing.
    Here are some suggestions.

Index page

Welcome

...to the MP Skin site. Here you can see screenshots and ongoing projects of skins for Media Portal, the best HTPC Software.

...Media Portal turns your PC into an advanced Multimedia Center / HTPC.
    It allows you to listen to your favorite music & radio, watch your video's and DVD's, view, schedule and record live TV and much more. Media Portal is available for free and best of all, it's open source. This means anyone can help develop Media Portal or tweak it for their own needs!

Skins page

You can find working skins for Media Portal here.

Hi,
    In this section you will find in the skins being developed for Media Portal.

The first one will be available in the next few days ;).

You will then find information, screenshots and the download links of skins.

I will also document the version of Media Portal which the skin runs on.

For now, you can see which skins are being developed in the section “Skins in Progress”.

If you are a skinner or a toolmaker or if you made a mod of a current skin, let me know so I can update the information on this page.

myMail

I´m also working on a Howto for making skins for Media Portal which I will add in the next few days.

I hope you enjoy the site.

Greetings Harley

Harley

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 7, 2004
    Germany
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    :) Hi

@sportsguy1237,@ drpepper

.. many thanks for your Help,
    I will do the changes on the site on evening.

:oops: I think my English is a little bit chaos, but i will do it better in the future.

Greetings 8) Harley

A

Anonymous

hi,
    I understand why you prefer to use the PM system, Harley. But if you ever want to make it database driven (with php and mysql) you can count on me!

Another idea, why not use alternate stylesheets with your website? That would make the skin-site skinnable :). And in that way you can also make 'theme-skins' for the website (like X-mass and things like that), would be cool, but not that useful after all...

ciao,
    F.

Users who are viewing this thread