New TabledMP 'Remake' called '3DGreen Skin'. (2 Viewers)

Do you like this skin?

• Total voters

mikael

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 30, 2005
    Stockholm, Sweden
    I really like the 3D-space-feel in the basic home screenshot, a new dimension to Media Portal. Can you figure out any way to give more 3D-space to My Pictures, My Videos and My Music? I don't know how, anyone have any crazy ideas?

Vanessa

Portal Pro
    May 31, 2006
    mikael said:
    I really like the 3D-space-feel in the basic home screenshot, a new dimension to Media Portal. Can you figure out any way to give more 3D-space to My Pictures, My Videos and My Music? I don't know how, anyone have any crazy ideas?

Hi

The myMusic, myTV etc are 2D panel figures with a 3D object, like myPictures (a frog).

How you say with more 3D? you say the basichome.xml or home.xml (3D text?)

regards

Vanessa

Portal Pro
    May 31, 2006
    mofux said:
    noooo, i really loved that green background as it was before... !

This is a Blue version.

I have a Green version too (I prefer green version too) but on TV the blue are more eye candy.

Green version here
    green14le.png

green22wm.png

**All screenshot are at runtime**
    regards

mikael

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 30, 2005
    Stockholm, Sweden
    vanessa_cl said:
    Hi

The myMusic, myTV etc are 2D panel figures with a 3D object, like myPictures (a frog).

regards

No, not 3D text... I mean that you for example can put the thumbnail video icons in a 3D perspektive just as in basic home (basichome.xml).

fathead

Portal Pro
    March 17, 2005
    mikael said:
    vanessa_cl said:
    Hi

regards

No, not 3D text... I mean that you for example can put the thumbnail video icons in a 3D perspektive just as in basic home (basichome.xml).

Do you mean the border appearing 3D rendered, yet the video file playing normal? So the video preview looks almost like the rest of the menu options on the basic home screen?

fathead

Portal Pro
    March 17, 2005
    vanessa stunning work. How are you planning to release this? In two seperate skins? Or is there work on easily changing colours within a single release i.e. switch between blue & green theme?

mikael

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 30, 2005
    Stockholm, Sweden
    fathead said:
    mikael said:
    vanessa_cl said:
    Hi

regards

Do you mean the border appearing 3D rendered, yet the video file playing normal? So the video preview looks almost like the rest of the menu options on the basic home screen?

Yes, for example. Just wanna enchant the look and feel and get rid of the classic 2D flat screens and the way Vanessa did it in BasicHome is great. Since MP not yet support 3D, lets fake som 3D effects to raise the user experience! The "icon-border" can be enchanted in many ways, let the imagination flow!

Vanessa

Portal Pro
    May 31, 2006
    mikael said:
    fathead said:
    mikael said:
    vanessa_cl said:
    Hi

regards

Yes, for example. Just wanna enchant the look and feel and get rid of the classic 2D flat screens and the way Vanessa did it in BasicHome is great. Since MP not yet support 3D, lets fake som 3D effects to raise the user experience! The "icon-border" can be enchanted in many ways, let the imagination flow!

Ok i will try create "icon_folders" (no focus for example) and selection icons and bars in 3D but in can't create a 3D windowed border for video overlay. This in a second releaase.

This skin are availble at 15 june 2006.

mikael

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 30, 2005
    Stockholm, Sweden
    vanessa_cl said:
    Green version here

green22wm.png

**All screenshot are at runtime**
    regards

Vanessa, try to use the same glass-style on the buttons in the upper-right corner. The current buttons feels too hard and "metallic".

Keep on rockin' girl!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom