No Bluray playback......can't play index....logs included (1 Viewer)

tonewheelkev

Portal Pro
February 10, 2012
Leeds
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
TBH....I've never had this bit working.
After reading a bit....I have uninstalled BD handler plugin...but to no avail.

Any observations please?

Thanks

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Any observations please?
    Your config shows that you've disabled the internal BD player without configuring an external player:
    Code:
    <section name="bdplayer">
        <entry name="useforbluray">no</entry>
        <entry name="useInternalBDPlayer">no</entry>

That ain't ever gonna work!

I suggest you amend this by ticking "use internal Blu-Ray menu player" and unticking "use external player for Blu-rays (replaces internal player)":
    Blu-ray - MediaPortal 1 - MediaPortal Wiki

tonewheelkev

Portal Pro
    February 10, 2012
    Leeds
    Home Country
    That's odd....neither boxes were ticked!
    OK....so ticked 'use internal player'.....still doesn't work....:(
    Log attached!

Thanks

Sebastiii

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • November 12, 2007
    France
    Home Country
    France France
    Hi,

It seems somehow, that filter are not working or not register (the installer should do that for you):
    [2017-05-08 11:21:00,371] [Error ] [MPMain ] [ERROR] - BDPlayer: Exception while creating DShow graph An object or name was not found.

You can try to manually register it by open a command prompt with admin right and do the following :
    cd C:\Program Files (x86)\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal
    regsvr32 BDReader.ax

Then you should have this :
    upload_2017-5-8_12-38-21.png

If it failed then something is wrong with the installation and maybe it's missing VS2015 Redist C++. and then surely other filter failed to be registered.

tonewheelkev

Portal Pro
    February 10, 2012
    Leeds
    Home Country
    Hi,

It seems somehow, that filter are not working or not register (the installer should do that for you):
    [2017-05-08 11:21:00,371] [Error ] [MPMain ] [ERROR] - BDPlayer: Exception while creating DShow graph An object or name was not found.

You can try to manually register it by open a command prompt with admin right and do the following :
    cd C:\Program Files (x86)\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal
    regsvr32 BDReader.ax

Then you should have this :
    View attachment 189848

Thanks Sebastiii.....got that....did it....still won't play!!!

Sebastiii

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • November 12, 2007
    France
    Home Country
    France France
    Are you sure that all codecs are OK ?
    upload_2017-5-8_13-52-11.png

When clicking on screwdriver you should get the settings :
    upload_2017-5-8_13-52-47.png

upload_2017-5-8_13-53-1.png

Check also all format for audio, maybe something is wrongly setup :)

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    @tonewheelkev
    You're trying to play a commercial Blu-Ray which includes encryption/copy-protection without any ability to decrypt/un-protect it:
    08-05-2017 11:21:00.367 [ 9ac]CLibBlurayWrapper - Disk is encrypted, no decryption is currently supported

Won't work. All this stuff is explained in the manual (wiki)! ;)
    Blu-ray - DVD Discs - Images - MediaPortal 1 - MediaPortal Wiki
    MediaPortal now fully supports playing unencrypted Blu-ray discs.
    If the user wishes to play a commercial disc, then they will need to use a 3rd party on-the-fly decrypter such as AnyDVD HD or DVDFab Passkey Lite.

tonewheelkev

Portal Pro
    February 10, 2012
    Leeds
    Home Country
    Aaaagghhhh!! Now I realise what an 'external' player is....
    So, as is, no support in MP for encrypted blurays.

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Aaaagghhhh!! Now I realise what an 'external' player is....
    Respectfully, I'm not so sure that you do.
    An external player is an external program that is completely responsible for playing the media. For example, for a Blu-Ray you might use PowerDVD or ArcSoft Total Media.

So, as is, no support in MP for encrypted blurays.
    No... but as the documentation says, you can use [free] decryption software to bypass encryption and other protection schemes. Once the protection schemes have been bypassed, MP should quite happily play the BR. This is not the same as using an external player.
    In other words: MP can play commercial BRs if the encryption is bypassed... and that's eminently doable.

Users who are viewing this thread