Wo0zy

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 30, 2008
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    For sure this :
    Code:
    2012-10-17 23:15:42.712774 [SetupTv(1)]: Exception  :System.Runtime.InteropServices.COMException (0x8000FFFF): Creating an instance of the COM component with CLSID {E436EBB3-524F-11CE-9F53-0020AF0BA770} from the IClassFactory failed due to the following error: 8000ffff

TsReader is not released and lead to the crash.
    Now why it was not release maybe it's the preview code that need a fix.

Does it happen when you use MP ? (i mean do the same like in setuptv, tune / change channel etc.) to see if TsReader crash too)

Hi Seb,

Thanks for taking a look at this for me mate.

I found the Exception you quoted last night while trying to debug this myself but couldn't really work out what it meant :unsure:

I don't see this in MP itself only in TV Server Configuration when "previewing" channels so unless it's my system I'm guessing that the problem is in the preview code rather than in TsReader. I did try replacing TsReader with Tony's latest release just in case but that didn't fix the problem.

The only reason I noticed it is because I re-installed the TV Server using this branch in an attempt to overcome recording failures due to "no cards being available" but as this was only happening (as far as I could tell) when attempting to record HD channels from my DVB-S card I wasn't sure if it would help or not. It was during this setup that I found this problem.

Initially I thought that maybe the problem was my DVB-S card because of the other problem but then I found I could reproduce it using my DVB-T card too.

First preview always seems to work. Failure typically occurs during second or third preview attempt.

I've noticed that after closing the first preview the graph isn't being destroyed (still shown in graphstudio). Don't know if it's related or not but thought I should mention it.

Thanks again mate.

All the best,

Mick

Last edited:

Sebastiii

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • November 12, 2007
    France
    Home Country
    France France
    Thanks Mick,

I know that it's possible that graphstudio keep the graph running and cause such issue but i assume that you see it without running graphstudio too.
    I will retry again (i have do a quick test @ launch) :)

Alle the best too :p

Sebastiii

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • November 12, 2007
    France
    Home Country
    France France
    Mick,

Can you try on this branch : 'BUG-4035-Problems_with_multiple_tuning_details_on_same_card' ?
    It was the same as 'BUG-TVE3_Cardres_Fix' but log is clean.

Thanks.

Wo0zy

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 30, 2008
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Thanks Mick,

I know that it's possible that graphstudio keep the graph running and cause such issue but i assume that you see it without running graphstudio too.
    I will retry again (i have do a quick test @ launch) :)

Alle the best too :p

Hi Seb,

Yeah. Problem happens without graphstudio running. Only fired it up to check if it might be codec related......:)

Mick,

Can you try on this branch : 'BUG-4035-Problems_with_multiple_tuning_details_on_same_card' ?
    It was the same as 'BUG-TVE3_Cardres_Fix' but log is clean.

Thanks.

Will test tonight mate but isn't that the branch to linked to earlier in this thread (#60)? If so that's the branch I was using when I first discovered the problem.:)

Sante,

Mick.

Last edited:

Sebastiii

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • November 12, 2007
    France
    Home Country
    France France
    Yep that the same branch, so it's ok :)
    I try to look if we can do a better way to close/stop the graph but will see :)
    Sante lol.

Users who are viewing this thread