[fixed] no Cards available (1 Viewer)

Wo0zy

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 30, 2008
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Hey Seb,

Since upgrading to 1.3 I've been experiencing problems which seem to match the issue reported here so I built and installed the branch you posted above.

From the limited testing I've done so far it does seem to help with the problem but I'm now having an issue which I don't recall seeing prior to this install. Not 100% sure if it's related or not but thought I'd mention it just in case.

Firstly, I should say that I completely uninstalled my previous TV Server/Client setup (including dropping and recreating the database) when I installed this branch.

The problem I'm seeing is when I'm in MP TV-Server Configuration. When I first enter it I can select and preview a channel on any of my three active tuners. However, if I attempt to preview additional channels after this one of three things can happen.

1. It works again :). Although subsequent previews will eventually cause points 2 or 3 to happen.
    2. Hitting the preview button results in no preview appearing even though "Manual Control" shows that the selected channel is timeshifting (see attached image1.jpg). Closing MP TV-Server Configuration and re-opening it allows the first preview again.
    3. MP TV-Server Configuration crashes claiming that TsReader is the cause (see attached image2.jpg).

Initially I thought it was a problem with my DVB-S tuner but I've been able to reproduce using my DVB-T tuers too.

I managed to capture all of the above in the attached logs.

Hope it's helpful. Again, I should stress that I'm not 100% sure it only happens with this build. Could also apply to 1.3a but I haven't had a chance to test that yet. I'm pretty sure I never saw this with 1.23 though.

Hope all is well with you mate.

Santé,

Mick.

Attachments

• image1.jpg
      image1.jpg
      92.4 KB
    • image2.jpg
      image2.jpg
      115.7 KB

Wo0zy

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 30, 2008
    Home Country

Wo0zy

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 30, 2008
    Home Country
    Hi mm,

Looks like I can't produce the logs using watchdog because the problem I'm seeing is in MP TV Server Configuration and not in MP itself :(.

Using watchdog launches straight into MP and exits when you close it.

If you know a way please let me know.

Cheers,

Mick.

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Follow the instructions for non-reproducible problems. :)

Wo0zy

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 30, 2008
    Home Country
    Follow the instructions for non-reproducible problems. :)

Hehe. That'll teach me to RTFM rather than assume I know what I'm doing :D.

Logs attached mate. Caught everything mentioned in my OP.

Thanks for the assist.

Cheers,

Mick

Wo0zy

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 30, 2008
    Home Country
    Hi guys,

Appreciate everyone's busy with 1.3b and cable card support (no good for us UK dwellers but very cool nonetheless :) ) and I understand that it's less than a week since I posted the correct logs but I was just wondering if anyone has had a chance to look at them yet?

Would be good to know if there's a possible bug or whether it's my system that's at fault.

As always, thanks for your time.

All the best,

Mick

Sebastiii

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • November 12, 2007
    France
    Home Country
    France France
    Mick,
    I have try again to reproduce what your seeing and for me all is working (i have only 1 tuner) :)
    I can preview start/stop on different TP and all start OK.
    I just test on clean Installation (based on a VMWare WIN7) and my Tuner is connected on USB2.

So it seems that the stream is not stopped and then when trying to tune again it failed or lead crash to TsReader.
    It can be also a codec issue.
    I will look again log but effectivly it's strange.

Sebastiii

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • November 12, 2007
    France
    Home Country
    France France
    For sure this :
    Code:
    2012-10-17 23:15:42.712774 [SetupTv(1)]: Exception  :System.Runtime.InteropServices.COMException (0x8000FFFF): Creating an instance of the COM component with CLSID {E436EBB3-524F-11CE-9F53-0020AF0BA770} from the IClassFactory failed due to the following error: 8000ffff

TsReader is not released and lead to the crash.
    Now why it was not release maybe it's the preview code that need a fix.

Does it happen when you use MP ? (i mean do the same like in setuptv, tune / change channel etc.) to see if TsReader crash too)

Users who are viewing this thread