[no Bug] No EPG marking for manually scheduled recording (1 Viewer)

c 4

Portal Pro
March 4, 2008
Recordings that I scheduled manually because there was "No data available" at that time are not shown in the EPG after the EPG data was received.

Last edited by a moderator:

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    I think this is "as designed". I would mark it as no bug/will not fix...

HomeY

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • February 23, 2008
    ::1
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    How did you schedule the recording without EPG Data available?
    Did you use this method also with the 1.4 Release, and did that work for you?

Remember we need logs (preferably from when you schedule the recording)

** EDIT **
    LOL, mm1350200 beat me to it ;)

I agree with the above.
    If the XML of the recording doesn't contain the info for the recording, it's not gonna be updated once the EPG is available again. Just curious how you scheduled a recording without EPG. ;)

Last edited:

Lehmden

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 17, 2010
    Lehmden
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi.
    Just curious how you scheduled a recording without EPG
    Not that tricky... Simply add manual schedule at channel xyz (a channel without EPG Data, but you know e.g, from Newspaper what's aired then) at Sunday, August 25th from 8.00 PM to 10.00 PM... and there you go. BTW, this manual recording sometimes shows up in EPG later if you have scheduled exact the same start and stop times than the EPG entry has (assuming the EPG data has arrived in meantime). A single minute difference at start or stop and it did not show up...

Edit:
    You need to match the manual given name also exactly to the future EPG name to show this manual schedule in EPG. So name and time has to be exact as in EPG....

Last edited:

HomeY

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • February 23, 2008
    ::1
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Hi.
    Just curious how you scheduled a recording without EPG
    Not that tricky... Simply add manual schedule at channel xyz (a channel without EPG Data, but you know e.g, from Newspaper what's aired then) at Sunday, August 25th from 8.00 PM to 10.00 PM... and there you go. BTW, this manual recording sometimes shows up in EPG later if you have scheduled exact the same start and stop times than the EPG entry has (assuming the EPG data has arrived in meantime). A single minute difference at start or stop and it did not show up...

That's what i was expecting what C 4 would say :)
    So it all comes down to the right info in the XML which will be matched against the EPG.

As mm1352000 said, this seems to work like this by design, so i'll mark this thread a No Bug.

c 4

Portal Pro
    March 4, 2008
    Remember we need logs (preferably from when you schedule the recording)
    This looked like a GUI thing, so I didn't see where a log would make sense.

@Lehmden
    Exactly.

Although I might not make myself too popular if I say so, but If I don't see my scheduled recording in the EPG, I would naturally assume that something went wrong, also this prevents me from seeing scheduled recordings overlap so it is difficult to manage. So please consider adding the ability to have a recording mark in the EPG indepently of show start/endtimes in the EPG. In the mean time, you could add a short notice in advanced record options like "this might not show up in EPG, everthing is fine" ;-)

Last edited:

c 4

Portal Pro
    March 4, 2008
    Uploading those huge logs generated by "export all currently present logs" did not seem practical with my slow connection, but now I think that I can generate problem-oriented log using the "report a bug to team mp" option - problem was that in the description in the "MediaPortal Debug-Mode"-tool I did not say that this option als generates logs. Will try this tomorrow, since I currently have a recording going on (but if you would try it yourself you could certainly reproduce it).

I just encountered the reason why I frown upon MP's behaviour not to show manual recordings in EPG:
    I had to manually schedule a recording using "Advanced Record" because like often, there was no EPG data present at that time. I also scheduled many other recordings using the EPG. In this situation it happened that I had an EPG recording overlap with a manual recording and while MP gives a warning if two EPG recordings are overlapping and impossible, I don't get this warning when scheduling manually.
    If I would have gotten a message (that would be the ideal solution of course) I could have recorded a rerun of one of the shows but so I have a movie that is missing 40min at it's beginning.

edit:
    so I scheduled three recordings:
    "Die Simpsons " 18:08 - 18:36 using the EPG
    and two manual recordings starting at 18:10 recording for 0.5 hours - one on "Das Erste", the other on "Das Erste HD".
    These 3 recordings can definitely not co-exist - every channel is on a different transponder. But still I could create them without any warning.
    Log attached.

[attachment removed]

Last edited:

c 4

Portal Pro
    March 4, 2008
    bump: log added
    Sorry but I think that there is no notification if I only edit my post.

Users who are viewing this thread