*ORIGINAL THREAD* InfoService v1.6 - Feed reader/Twitter reader and weather (1 Viewer)

pilehave

Community Skin Designer
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 2, 2008
    Hornslet
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    Yes it's the same source (National and Local Weather Forecast, Hurricane, Radar and Report). What properties do you want especially. I don't wanna add some properties and afterthen they are not needed ;)

Totally understandable :)

What I would find useful in our upcoming skin, is the "feels like" value, "humidity" and "uv index". But that is just what we need, others may find "wind" or other properties more useful.

Oh, and also the "last update" property, please ;)

And thank you for doing this useful plugin :D

ltfearme

Community Plugin Dev
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 10, 2007
    Sydney
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    HI edsche, is there any chance you can enable Weather/Ticker by default for new installs? Possibly even add some default entertainment/News RSS. This way it will work out of the box for skins that uses it on BasicHome.

Cheers,
    Damien

Swede

Portal Pro
    September 6, 2006
    West Coast Archipelago
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Btw @all: InfoService seems to be nearly complete and it runs stable. Time to add some features ;) Write me your ideas for infoservice and i'll try to add them.

While looking at an RSS in the WebBrowser, it would be nice with a NEXT button on the remote that takes me to the next RSS in the list.

When exiting from the WebBrowser, it would be nice if the last viewed RSS was still marked.

Keep up the good work!

mmminez

Portal Member
    February 17, 2008
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    RSS Ticker Speed change possible?

I am using the Basic Home Menu of the x-factor skin... I got the RSS Feed working properly, however it is very sloooooow... It takes about 2-3minutes for the line to scroll from the right to the left side of the screen. So basically i only see the headlines that first apper on the screen cause im too impatient to wait for it... :cool:

So is there any way to adjust the scroll speed? or is this a settings issue in the skin XMLs somewhere?

Thanks!

Mike

morpheus_xx

Retired Team Member
  • Team MediaPortal
  • March 24, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi,

I really like your plugin!

Is there a way to access the news browser (Action 16001) from "normal" menu (not basic). I thought as it is a windows plugin, it should be accessible under home or extensions?

In principle I would like to use it as "My News" replacement... (I dont want to use ticker a.s.o.)

Thanks!

edsche

Community Plugin Dev
    January 7, 2007
    Ulm
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi,

I really like your plugin!

Is there a way to access the news browser (Action 16001) from "normal" menu (not basic). I thought as it is a windows plugin, it should be accessible under home or extensions?

In principle I would like to use it as "My News" replacement... (I dont want to use ticker a.s.o.)

Thanks!

Oh totally forgot to change this in the code, when i changed the plugin to a window plugin. The fix will be included in the next version ;)

edsche

Community Plugin Dev
    January 7, 2007
    Ulm
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I uploaded a new version. Didn't tested it much. Hopefully it works right for you. There are some property name changes... sry :/

See first post for download and changelog.

Edit: I forgot the humidity property for each day. Updated version in the first post ;)

Users who are viewing this thread