*ORIGINAL THREAD* InfoService v1.6 - Feed reader/Twitter reader and weather (1 Viewer)

Bleazle

Portal Pro
July 14, 2007
Pukekohe
Home Country
New Zealand New Zealand
Fafnir changed the weather icons and then i got the same problem like you.

I tested now everything. And i can't even debug this because i havn't got the problem :p Do you use the test version i've send you? When you start mediaportal you get instant the false temp values?

I'm out of town at the moment so I can't check - I think I'm still using the test version you gave me - if not I'll download it again when I get home and let you know in a few days.

arual

Portal Member
July 30, 2008
MALAGA
Home Country
Spain Spain
HI, i am using the last X-face skin 1.9, with the MPI infoservice from the 1st post.

I can see the Rss and weather information on the basicHome menu, but i´d like to see them at the Home Menu.

¿wich file i have to mod?

MyHome.xml ?
common.rss.xml?

both?

I have tried but no luck.
any help, please.

edsche

Community Plugin Dev
January 7, 2007
Ulm
Home Country
Germany Germany
HI, i am using the last X-face skin 1.9, with the MPI infoservice from the 1st post.

I can see the Rss and weather information on the basicHome menu, but i´d like to see them at the Home Menu.

MyHome.xml ?
common.rss.xml?

both?

any help, please.

Both i think. Just search the thread here. Someone asked the same question a couple of pages back.

Btw: I have a new version ready. Completely rewritten with download cache for twitter and feeds (for faster updates) and a better twitter client with it's own GUI (looks like the feeds GUI). But before i release a buggy version, i want to have some feedback from other users. So if someone want to try the new version, just write me a pm.

@DieBagger: I did some research with your idea on the GUIMessage thing. Looks like it's pretty easy to do this. I think i will add a Recently Added function to the new InfoService version. The only problem is that MovingPictures, MPTVSeries and other plugins must send a GUIMessage with the information. So there would be a little coding part for the other plugin developers.

Swede

Portal Pro
September 6, 2006
West Coast Archipelago
Home Country
Sweden Sweden

MyHome.xml ?
common.rss.xml?

both?

any help, please.

These are my modded Blue2wide files. See if you can use them, or parts of them.

Attachments

• myHome.xml
    30.6 KB

AcidMathew

Portal Member
October 11, 2009
Augsburg
Home Country
Germany Germany
Today Weather Backdrops

Hello everybody,

first of all I must say that I am a rookie in customizing MP.
But I'm trying to customize myweather plugin.
I want to have a background image dependent on the today weather.
So I integrated a testpic with InfoService:

Code:
    <control>
      <description>test image</description>
      <type>image</type>
      <id>0</id>
      <posX>0</posX>
      <posY>0</posY>
      <width>200</width>
      <height>200</height>
      <texture>d:\test\#infoservice.weather.today.img.small.filenamewithext</texture>
    </control>

In the test folder I placed the diffrent backgrounds.
Now there is the problem that this image isn't updated when I push the refresh button and it isn't updated when I change the city in myweather plugin.
How can I get this solved?

:D a lot.

CU Mathias

edsche

Community Plugin Dev
January 7, 2007
Ulm
Home Country
Germany Germany
Hello everybody,

first of all I must say that I am a rookie in customizing MP.
But I'm trying to customize myweather plugin.
I want to have a background image dependent on the today weather.
So I integrated a testpic with InfoService:

Code:
    <control>
      <type>image</type>
      <id>0</id>
      <posX>0</posX>
      <posY>0</posY>
      <width>200</width>
      <height>200</height>
      <texture>d:\test\#infoservice.weather.today.img.small.filenamewithext</texture>
    </control>

In the test folder I placed the diffrent backgrounds.
Now there is the problem that this image isn't updated when I push the refresh button and it isn't updated when I change the city in myweather plugin.
How can I get this solved?

:D a lot.

CU Mathias
The refresh button on the mywheater plugin doesn't update the infoservice weather. You must push the refresh button in the infoservice window. When you change the weather in the myweather window, infoservice will update the data with the new location on the next update interval.

AcidMathew

Portal Member
October 11, 2009
Augsburg
Home Country
Germany Germany
Hi Chris,

ok. Thx a lot.
Is there any other possibility to have a today weather dependent backgrounds in the myweather plugin?
Can I integrate a second image (from a user defined folder) with the same features like the today weather icon?
So that the city change and the refresh button can be used.

CU Mathias

trevor

Portal Pro
October 17, 2006
Chelmsford
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
Hi Chris,

ok. Thx a lot.
Is there any other possibility to have a today weather dependent backgrounds in the myweather plugin?
Can I integrate a second image (from a user defined folder) with the same features like the today weather icon?
So that the city change and the refresh button can be used.

CU Mathias

Hi Mathias,

The simple answer is yes, taking you code as an example and assuming a directory structure of d:\weatherbg\ and backround images names 0.png to 47.png the code would be.

Basicly #infoservice.weather.today.img.small.filenamewithoutext properity returns just a number between 0 & 47 and you just need to add location and file ext to the back and front.

<control>
<type>image</type>
<id>0</id>
<posX>0</posX>
<posY>0</posY>
<width>200</width>
<height>200</height>
<texture>d:\weatherbg\#infoservice.weather.today.img.small.filenamewithoutext.png</texture>
</control>

Hope that helps.

Edit: Just realised that I maybe should have reas the entire question 1st as not sure this is the answer you are looking for...ho hum!

Cheers

AcidMathew

Portal Member
October 11, 2009
Augsburg
Home Country
Germany Germany
Hi Trevor,

thx for the quick answer.
Basically this is what I'm trying to do.

1. Background depending to the today weather (background of the myweather plugin) -> DONE (similar to your answer)

2. Background should be refreshed with the refresh button in the myweather plugin and by changing the city immediately -> but this is with infoservice and myweather not possible as Chris wrote

So there was the idea to use the same control like the weather icon from the myweather plugin twice but with different images.
Is this possible?

CU Mathias

P.S. I hope my english is not too bad. :D

olivvvv

Portal Pro
April 20, 2009
Home Country
France France
Re: InfoService v1.32 - 5 day weather/Feeds/Twitter on basic home [29-10-2009] *UPDAT

i have found in mediaportal.log :

2009-11-04 08:23:43.332564 [Warn.][18]: InfoService: Update of weather unsuccesfull. No locationID for WeatherService found (LocationID string empty).

but i have filled weather location in plugins.

No one has this error ?
Please help ?

Users who are viewing this thread