*ORIGINAL THREAD* InfoService v1.6 - Feed reader/Twitter reader and weather (2 Viewers)

edsche

Community Plugin Dev
January 7, 2007
Ulm
Home Country
Germany Germany
Re: InfoService v1.32 - 5 day weather/Feeds/Twitter on basic home [29-10-2009] *UPDAT

i have found in mediaportal.log :

2009-11-04 08:23:43.332564 [Warn.][18]: InfoService: Update of weather unsuccesfull. No locationID for WeatherService found (LocationID string empty).

but i have filled weather location in plugins.

No one has this error ?
Please help ?

This mean that no location id in the mediaportal.xml was found. Check you mediaportal.xml in your config folder for the weather section and look for the location id.
Which city do you use? You must set the weather in the weather section of mediaportal configuration.

ajp8164

Portal Pro
January 9, 2008
Atlanta, GA
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
Flickering text during RSS scroll??

Hi all,

Love this plugin and really appreciate the work put into its development. I have a question about the RSS ticker scrolling - when my text scrolls it kind of flickers on/off continuously during the scroll. The scroll is smooth but as it moves it does flicker on and off. Any one else experience this?

Here is my xml:

Code:
		<control>
			<description>rss feed</description>
			<type>fadelabel</type>
			<posX>5</posX>
			<posY>732</posY>
			<width>#screenWidth</width>
			<font>rss</font>
			<textcolor>#home.rssTextColor</textcolor>
			<label>#infoservice.feed.titles</label>
			<visible>plugin.isenabled(InfoService)</visible>
			<!-- begin include: fadeinout -->
			<animation effect="fade" start="0" end="100" time="350">WindowOpen</animation>
			<animation effect="fade" start="100" end="0" time="250">WindowClose</animation>
			<animation effect="fade" start="0" end="100" time="350">Visible</animation>
			<animation effect="fade" start="100" end="0" time="250">Hidden</animation>
			<!-- end include: fadeinout -->
			<!-- TODO
			<visible>!Skin.HasSetting(enableRSSFeed) + ![Window.IsActive(10112) | Window.IsActive(2004) | Window.IsActive(115) | Window.IsActive(114) | Window.IsActive(10133) | Window.IsActive(107)]</visible>
			<animation effect="fade" start="100" end="0" time="100" condition="Window.IsActive(112)">conditional</animation>
			-->
		</control>

:D

joz

Portal Pro
March 17, 2008
Home Country
Netherlands Netherlands
Re: InfoService v1.32 - 5 day weather/Feeds/Twitter on basic home [29-10-2009] *UPDAT

Yep i do. If a fadelabel posx<=20 the problem you describe occurs. It might also happen when the fadelabel touches THE right Side of the screen(not sure)

edsche

Community Plugin Dev
January 7, 2007
Ulm
Home Country
Germany Germany

The chrismas time and the new year(btw: Happy new year to everyone) is over, so it's time to work a little :D

Last year i've created already a codeplex.com project for InfoService. I'll update the first post with the link. It's now much easier for me to maintain the project. Also on codeplex.com there is a updated documentation. But be aware, the documentation is for the upcoming release. And also InfoService is now open source :p

Yep i do. If a fadelabel posx<=20 the problem you describe occurs. It might also happen when the fadelabel touches THE right Side of the screen(not sure)
This should be then a problem of MediaPortal.
But i have also a little problem with the Monochrom skin. Sometimes the ticker shows a little cutted "S" on the left side. Nothing more. I think this happens since the MediaPortal 1.1 Beta. Don't know the exact SVN. Someone has also this problem or a similar problem? Nothing big, but that sucks :D

joz

Portal Pro
March 17, 2008
Home Country
Netherlands Netherlands

The chrismas time and the new year(btw: Happy new year to everyone) is over, so it's time to work a little :D

Last year i've created already a codeplex.com project for InfoService. I'll update the first post with the link. It's now much easier for me to maintain the project. Also on codeplex.com there is a updated documentation. But be aware, the documentation is for the upcoming release. And also InfoService is now open source :p

This should be then a problem of MediaPortal.
But i have also a little problem with the Monochrom skin. Sometimes the ticker shows a little cutted "S" on the left side. Nothing more. I think this happens since the MediaPortal 1.1 Beta. Don't know the exact SVN. Someone has also this problem or a similar problem? Nothing big, but that sucks :D

Happy new years to you to and all the rest of you!

And yeah I was referring to it being an MP bug, it's been around since ages now. Not sure if any of the devs even know about this one, there are a couple more of these sorta specifics which I know to be buggy I should actually report. I have in the past but there does not to be much interest for.
Like the scrolling labels on buttons can be jumpy in certain conditions to name one.

I have not seen the bug you have mentioned but then again I have my own monochrome version which is different in these specefics.

boombastic

Portal Pro
November 17, 2007
Re: InfoService v1.32 - 5 day weather/Feeds/Twitter on basic home [04-01-2010] *PLANN

I successfully configured infoservice with 5 rss feeds but i was wondering if it's possible to view all the news combined from all the feeds and not only those coming from the selected one.
My skins is Black Glass, it depends from the skin or from the plugin?
Many thanks!

edsche

Community Plugin Dev
January 7, 2007
Ulm
Home Country
Germany Germany
Re: InfoService v1.32 - 5 day weather/Feeds/Twitter on basic home [04-01-2010] *PLANN

I successfully configured infoservice with 5 rss feeds but i was wondering if it's possible to view all the news combined from all the feeds and not only those coming from the selected one.
Many thanks!
There should be a button in the feed window called "Show all feeds on home" or something. When you click that InfoService will mix all feeds to one. You can set in the options how many titles InfoService will use from each feed.

boombastic

Portal Pro
November 17, 2007

Many thanks!
There should be a button in the feed window called "Show all feeds on home" or something. When you click that InfoService will mix all feeds to one. You can set in the options how many titles InfoService will use from each feed.

I can't find the option you're saying :oops:

I would like to have listed all the field in the infoservice windows of my skin not between the horizontal scrolling feeds.

Many thanks for your answer!

PussyWagon

Portal Pro
August 2, 2008

i have found in mediaportal.log :

2009-11-04 08:23:43.332564 [Warn.][18]: InfoService: Update of weather unsuccesfull. No locationID for WeatherService found (LocationID string empty).

but i have filled weather location in plugins.

No one has this error ?
Please help ?

This mean that no location id in the mediaportal.xml was found. Check you mediaportal.xml in your config folder for the weather section and look for the location id.
Which city do you use? You must set the weather in the weather section of mediaportal configuration.

Im having this issue too, exactly same log message as olivvvv!

I have set the weather location in mediaportal configuration. The city is "Gothenburg" Sweden...
I have tried other citys like Paris and New York but none of them work. But actually, when I add a city. There is a "preview" button, and when clicking it says "your link is not working" !??

So I guess this is not a problem with Infoservice, but what else could be the problem?

edsche

Community Plugin Dev
January 7, 2007
Ulm
Home Country
Germany Germany

No one has this error ?
Please help ?

Im having this issue too, exactly same log message as olivvvv!

I have set the weather location in mediaportal configuration. The city is "Gothenburg" Sweden...
I have tried other citys like Paris and New York but none of them work. But actually, when I add a city. There is a "preview" button, and when clicking it says "your link is not working" !??

So I guess this is not a problem with Infoservice, but what else could be the problem?

After you added a city, is it after a restart of the configuration.exe sill there?
I think the Configuration.exe writes also a log. Can you attach the file here?

Users who are viewing this thread