*ORIGINAL THREAD* InfoService v1.6 - Feed reader/Twitter reader and weather (3 Viewers)

edsche

Community Plugin Dev
January 7, 2007
Ulm
Home Country
Germany Germany
Re: InfoService v1.5 - Feed reader/Twitter reader and weather [21-03-2010] *UPDATED*

Then this condition should be handled in order to not crash the entire MP config and lose all other unsaved config changes, right? Which was the reason I reported this.
InfoService will get his own config, speaking that the whole config part will be rewritten

Here's a danish translation for latest release.

And btw. you're pretty unconsistent in written "twitter"/"Twitter" in language file. It's a name so should be spelled with capital T.

And i got a huge error log dump here. Please note that this is with Maya-beta svn of today, so probably not up to date - and maybe not even working which could explain this.

:D
Thanks for the danish translation, will add that and the capital T for Twitter asap :D

About your log: Your infoservice.log looks fine. There are only some warnings about not found tags in feed xml. Maya is not compatible to v1.5. They used a translation id which is not used by infoservice. Don't know why :/ Also the integration of InfoService in Maya is really bad :( Hope they will make a nice integration of the 1.5 version as i also use Maya :D

Mikeyy

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 13, 2007
    Home Country
    Croatia Croatia
    Re: InfoService v1.5 - Feed reader/Twitter reader and weather [21-03-2010] *UPDATED*

Will there be integration with other weather service in InfoService?
    I remember edsche said he will think about including accuweather or something similliar into plugin. So, did you think about it? :)

edsche

Community Plugin Dev
    January 7, 2007
    Ulm
    Home Country
    Germany Germany

Will there be integration with other weather service in InfoService?
    I remember edsche said he will think about including accuweather or something similliar into plugin. So, did you think about it? :)
    Yes, i want to add that, because the last few days i had also some weird problems with the weather.com service. The only problem now, is that we didn't get any answer from AccuWeather yet. I have written an email some months ago. No Answer! SilentException has written an email 1-2 weeks ago and also no answer! Without the contact to AccuWeather i can't use the service which they offer here: AccuWeather.com - Download Center Section - API :( That's really bad service... If someone has contact to AccuWeather or something, please let me know.

thesystemera

Portal Pro
    May 26, 2008
    Auckland
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand

Any one getting installation errors when using the mpe1 installer..

************** Exception Text **************
    System.UnauthorizedAccessException: Access to the path 'C:\ProgramData\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\Installer\V2\e39aeb32-041b-41f6-bfd8-cd1d8ea09278\1.5.0.65\BackUp\%Skin%\Blue3Wide\media\InfoService\defaultFeedALL.png' is denied.
    at System.IO.__Error.WinIOError(Int32 errorCode, String maybeFullPath)
    at System.IO.File.InternalCopy(String sourceFileName, String destFileName, Boolean overwrite)
    at MpeCore.Classes.UnInstallInfoCollection.BackUpFile(String dest, String installType)
    at MpeCore.Classes.UnInstallInfoCollection.BackUpFile(FileItem item)
    at MpeCore.Classes.InstallerType.CopyFile.Install(PackageClass packageClass, FileItem fileItem)
    at MpeCore.PackageClass.Install()
    at MpeCore.Classes.ActionType.InstallFiles.Execute(PackageClass packageClass, ActionItem actionItem)
    at MpeCore.Classes.SectionPanel.InstallSection.InstallSection_Shown(Object sender, EventArgs e)
    at System.EventHandler.Invoke(Object sender, EventArgs e)
    at System.Windows.Forms.Form.OnShown(EventArgs e)
    at System.Windows.Forms.Form.CallShownEvent()
    at System.Windows.Forms.Control.InvokeMarshaledCallbackDo(ThreadMethodEntry tme)
    at System.Windows.Forms.Control.InvokeMarshaledCallbackHelper(Object obj)
    at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.runTryCode(Object userData)
    at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.RuntimeHelpers.ExecuteCodeWithGuaranteedCleanup(TryCode code, CleanupCode backoutCode, Object userData)
    at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.RunInternal(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state)
    at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state)
    at System.Windows.Forms.Control.InvokeMarshaledCallback(ThreadMethodEntry tme)
    at System.Windows.Forms.Control.InvokeMarshaledCallbacks()

Zinu

Portal Pro
    February 28, 2008
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands

You have access problems, check first line ;) Maybe it's used by something?

framug

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 31, 2005
    South of France
    Home Country
    France France
    Re : InfoService v1.5 - Feed reader/Twitter reader and weather [21-03-2010] *UPDATED*

Hi,
    Something I noticed :
    - Enable infoservice in MP config.
    - Launch MP in windowed mode.
    - Wait few seconds
    - Go to D:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\log\
    - Select all logs files and try to delete them.
    - OK for all files except infoservice.log wich stay locked by the plugin.

Regards.

edsche

Community Plugin Dev
    January 7, 2007
    Ulm
    Home Country
    Germany Germany

Any one getting installation errors when using the mpe1 installer..

************** Exception Text **************
    System.UnauthorizedAccessException: Access to the path 'C:\ProgramData\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\Installer\V2\e39aeb32-041b-41f6-bfd8-cd1d8ea09278\1.5.0.65\BackUp\%Skin%\Blue3Wide\media\InfoService\defaultFeedALL.png' is denied.
    at System.IO.__Error.WinIOError(Int32 errorCode, String maybeFullPath)
    at System.IO.File.InternalCopy(String sourceFileName, String destFileName, Boolean overwrite)
    at MpeCore.Classes.UnInstallInfoCollection.BackUpFile(String dest, String installType)
    at MpeCore.Classes.UnInstallInfoCollection.BackUpFile(FileItem item)
    at MpeCore.Classes.InstallerType.CopyFile.Install(PackageClass packageClass, FileItem fileItem)
    at MpeCore.PackageClass.Install()
    at MpeCore.Classes.ActionType.InstallFiles.Execute(PackageClass packageClass, ActionItem actionItem)
    at MpeCore.Classes.SectionPanel.InstallSection.InstallSection_Shown(Object sender, EventArgs e)
    at System.EventHandler.Invoke(Object sender, EventArgs e)
    at System.Windows.Forms.Form.OnShown(EventArgs e)
    at System.Windows.Forms.Form.CallShownEvent()
    at System.Windows.Forms.Control.InvokeMarshaledCallbackDo(ThreadMethodEntry tme)
    at System.Windows.Forms.Control.InvokeMarshaledCallbackHelper(Object obj)
    at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.runTryCode(Object userData)
    at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.RuntimeHelpers.ExecuteCodeWithGuaranteedCleanup(TryCode code, CleanupCode backoutCode, Object userData)
    at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.RunInternal(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state)
    at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state)
    at System.Windows.Forms.Control.InvokeMarshaledCallback(ThreadMethodEntry tme)
    at System.Windows.Forms.Control.InvokeMarshaledCallbacks()
    I think someone had the same problem with the PureVision HD skin (Link). That surly none related to InfoService. You can also use the .rar package to install InfoService. See here.

Hi,
    Something I noticed :
    - Enable infoservice in MP config.
    - Launch MP in windowed mode.
    - Wait few seconds
    - Go to D:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\log\
    - Select all logs files and try to delete them.
    - OK for all files except infoservice.log wich stay locked by the plugin.

Regards.
    Do you have a problem with that? Why would someone delete the log files while MP is running? :D

framug

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 31, 2005
    South of France
    Home Country
    France France
    Re : Re: InfoService v1.5 - Feed reader/Twitter reader and weather [21-03-2010] *UPDA

Do you have a problem with that? Why would someone delete the log files while MP is running? :D
    Because when I dev something inside MP or, in plugins and, I want to test a specific behaviour or, log some things, it's faster to delete logs, do specific (new) action to be tested and then, I don't have to search inside entire logs.
    The new first lines log from specific action are on top of log files. ;)

stdly

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 19, 2008
    Home Country
    Canada Canada

Could someone help me with the code to show recently added to my home screen.
    I am not sure what to use? I have seen screens but can't find the code.
    I'm trying this what am I doing wrong.

<control>
    <description>Recently Added Movie</description>
    <type>image</type>
    <id>0</id>
    <posX>350</posX>
    <posY>380</posY>
    <texture>#infoservice.recentlyAdded.movie[1].thumb</texture>
    </control>

edsche

Community Plugin Dev
    January 7, 2007
    Ulm
    Home Country
    Germany Germany

Could someone help me with the code to show recently added to my home screen.
    I am not sure what to use? I have seen screens but can't find the code.
    I'm trying this what am I doing wrong.

<control>
    <description>Recently Added Movie</description>
    <type>image</type>
    <id>0</id>
    <posX>350</posX>
    <posY>380</posY>
    <texture>#infoservice.recentlyAdded.movie[1].thumb</texture>
    </control>
    Unfortunately, i must say that movies aren't supported at the moment. A little code line must be added to MovingPictures/MyFilms to support that. I've had a talk with fforde about that, but it seems that this is a little bit difficult to add this code part to their plugin. Only series with MPTVSeries are at the moment supported ;)

Users who are viewing this thread