*ORIGINAL THREAD* InfoService v1.6 - Feed reader/Twitter reader and weather (1 Viewer)

stdly

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 19, 2008
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    Re: InfoService v1.5 - Feed reader/Twitter reader and weather [21-03-2010] *UPDATED*

Could someone help me with the code to show recently added to my home screen.
    I am not sure what to use? I have seen screens but can't find the code.
    I'm trying this what am I doing wrong.

<control>
    <description>Recently Added Movie</description>
    <type>image</type>
    <id>0</id>
    <posX>350</posX>
    <posY>380</posY>
    <texture>#infoservice.recentlyAdded.movie[1].thumb</texture>
    </control>
    Unfortunately, i must say that movies aren't supported at the moment. A little code line must be added to MovingPictures/MyFilms to support that. I've had a talk with fforde about that, but it seems that this is a little bit difficult to add this code part to their plugin. Only series with MPTVSeries are at the moment supported ;)

edsche,
    Thanks for the quick reply and the great plugin!
    So would this code be correct.

<control>
    <description>Recently Added Movie</description>
    <type>image</type>
    <id>0</id>
    <posX>350</posX>
    <posY>380</posY>
    <texture>#infoservice.recentlyAdded.series[1].thumb </texture>
    </control>

edsche

Community Plugin Dev
    January 7, 2007
    Ulm
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Re: InfoService v1.5 - Feed reader/Twitter reader and weather [21-03-2010] *UPDATED*

Yes should work at a quick overlook. Tgx has added this feature to his skins. For examples look here and here.
    And here you'll find a quick wiki about the recently added feature.

famewolf

Portal Pro
    June 7, 2009
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America

I've downloaded and tried to install V1.5 multiple times and all you get from the MPInstaller in MP 1.0.2 is "Invalid Package" so we either need a compatible package or a .rar that we can install ourselves.

Bleazle

Portal Pro
    July 14, 2007
    Pukekohe
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand

Installs on MP 1.1 RC1 without a hitch - I think edsche posted a RAR file on the previous page...

famewolf

Portal Pro
    June 7, 2009
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America

Installs on MP 1.1 RC1 without a hitch - I think edsche posted a RAR file on the previous page...

Mediaportal 1.1 has a new format for the MPInstaller. The .rar installed fine. Thanks. Perhaps it should also be added to the first post.

edsche

Community Plugin Dev
    January 7, 2007
    Ulm
    Home Country
    Germany Germany

Mediaportal 1.1 has a new format for the MPInstaller. The .rar installed fine. Thanks. Perhaps it should also be added to the first post.
    Thanks, totally forgot :D

JiRo

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 1, 2009
    Prague
    Home Country
    Czech Republic Czech Republic
    InfoService v1.5 - weather mistake, yes or no?

Hi edsche,

I like your InfoService, I think this plugin is on of the most useful :D. I use BlacGlass skin at my MediaPortal setup and few months ago I have modified BasicHome screen. I added Weather info from InfoService. It's looking good. Even further because this improvement like my wife too :D. But just she gives notice that is difference between weather forecast at the BasicHome screen and MyWeather screen.

I have started an investigation and primarily I have searched some mistake in my mod of the BasicHome sreen. But there has been all right. I read your refeence for skinners again but without any possitive result. Then I have created another improvement of the BasicHome screen WHEATER / INFOSERVICE TEST PICTURE - see BasicHome screenshot picture. And now I don't know where is mistake. I think there is a little confusion. Your definition of the Infoservice variables says:

Day X (Next day) weather data
    Where X stands for a following day.
    Example: #infoservice.weather.day2.mintemp - Gives the min temperature of tomorrow
    Another example #infoservice.weather.day3.mintemp - Gives the min temperature of the day after tomorrow

But if you have a look on the my BasicHome screenshot and compare it with MyWeather screenshot, You can see that there is interesting difference. The value of the #infoservice.weather.day2.weekday variable (in Czech is there Sobota, in English it is Saturday) matches to your definition, but other values (...day2.mintemp, ...day2.maxtemp and others) matches another rules.

By all apperances right relations between up-to-date and forecast weather information and InfoService information should be:

#infoservice.weather.today... - up-to-day
    #infoservice.weather.day2... - forecast for today
    #infoservice.weather.day3... - forecast for tomorrow
    #infoservice.weather.day4... - forecast for day after tomorrow
    etc.

And of course - value of the #infoservice.weather.dayX.weekday variable must be fixed under this rules. But then will illogical name of the variables - index start at "2" #infoservice.weather.day2....

And for better understanding the little translation table en-cz at the end ;):

Monday - Pondeli
    Thusday - Utery
    Wednesday - Streda
    Thursday - Ctvrtek
    Friday - Patek
    Saturday - Sobota
    Sunday - Nedele

JiRo.

Attachments

• BasicHome.png
      BasicHome.png
      644.9 KB
    • MyWeather.png
      MyWeather.png
      624.1 KB

edsche

Community Plugin Dev
    January 7, 2007
    Ulm
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Re: InfoService v1.5 - weather mistake, yes or no?

Hi edsche,

I like your InfoService, I think this plugin is on of the most useful :D. I use BlacGlass skin at my MediaPortal setup and few months ago I have modified BasicHome screen. I added Weather info from InfoService. It's looking good. Even further because this improvement like my wife too :D. But just she gives notice that is difference between weather forecast at the BasicHome screen and MyWeather screen.

I have started an investigation and primarily I have searched some mistake in my mod of the BasicHome sreen. But there has been all right. I read your refeence for skinners again but without any possitive result. Then I have created another improvement of the BasicHome screen WHEATER / INFOSERVICE TEST PICTURE - see BasicHome screenshot picture. And now I don't know where is mistake. I think there is a little confusion. Your definition of the Infoservice variables says:

Day X (Next day) weather data
    Where X stands for a following day.
    Example: #infoservice.weather.day2.mintemp - Gives the min temperature of tomorrow
    Another example #infoservice.weather.day3.mintemp - Gives the min temperature of the day after tomorrow

But if you have a look on the my BasicHome screenshot and compare it with MyWeather screenshot, You can see that there is interesting difference. The value of the #infoservice.weather.day2.weekday variable (in Czech is there Sobota, in English it is Saturday) matches to your definition, but other values (...day2.mintemp, ...day2.maxtemp and others) matches another rules.

By all apperances right relations between up-to-date and forecast weather information and InfoService information should be:

#infoservice.weather.today... - up-to-day
    #infoservice.weather.day2... - forecast for today
    #infoservice.weather.day3... - forecast for tomorrow
    #infoservice.weather.day4... - forecast for day after tomorrow
    etc.

And of course - value of the #infoservice.weather.dayX.weekday variable must be fixed under this rules. But then will illogical name of the variables - index start at "2" #infoservice.weather.day2....

And for better understanding the little translation table en-cz at the end ;):

Monday - Pondeli
    Thusday - Utery
    Wednesday - Streda
    Thursday - Ctvrtek
    Friday - Patek
    Saturday - Sobota
    Sunday - Nedele

JiRo.

Thanks for that suggestion and your good description :D I think you are right, we had some problems with the weather.com parsing some days ago. The main problem was, that the forecast data from weather.com for some cities also has weather data from yesterday and even the day before yesterday...

I think the best way to display the weather data on home is:

• Fill #infoservice.weather.today properties with the up to day data, as you said and as it's done now by inforservice
    • Add #infoservice.weather.forecast[0-4] properties. Starting with 0 and display the forecast from today till there is no more forecast data in the weather.com xml file. If there are no 5 forecasts in the xml file, then the remaining days should be filled with empty values.

JiRo

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 1, 2009
    Prague
    Home Country
    Czech Republic Czech Republic
    Re: InfoService v1.5 - another issue

Hi edsche,

thanks for your analysing of the problem regarding weather forecast InfoService variable.

Today I'm coming with another issue of this plugin. All texts from plugin correspond with language selection except information about wind direction. The abbreviations of the cardinal points name are still english. Pleas look towards the pictures InfoService and MyWeather, for example today situation. At The InfoService test picture is direction "SSE", at MyWeather picture is direction "JJV". Both are right, but 1st is English and 2nd is Czech. There is curious that other part of string of the InfoService wind direction and speed is rightly Czech.

Regards.

JiRo

hirscho

Portal Pro
    December 24, 2006
    Home Country
    Germany Germany

Hi edsche

Thanks for the excellent plugin.

Could you have a look at my logs? After resuming from standy I reiceive a message like "Downloading feeds and images ...". I assume that my network connection is not available instantly after the wake-up. Maybe a "delay update after resume for x seconds" could help.

hirscho

Users who are viewing this thread