*ORIGINAL THREAD* InfoService v1.6 - Feed reader/Twitter reader and weather (2 Viewers)

_Chris_

Portal Member
June 9, 2009
Home Country
Germany Germany
AW: InfoService v1.5 - Feed reader/Twitter reader and weather [21-03-2010] *UPDATED*

Hi,

first of all that's a really great plugin. I've searched for this for a long time.
But i've got a problem showing up my feeds by selecting them.
The ticker in homescreen works just fine. I've also installed the gecko browser.
But when i click on a feed the browser every time opens the google page and not the feed related page.
I'm using the skin "Black glass" but i'ts not skin related, because i've just checked it with "Blue3Wide" Skin.

Any help would be appreciated verry much!

Chris

SilentException

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 27, 2008
    Rijeka, Croatia
    Home Country
    Croatia Croatia
    Re: InfoService v1.5 - Feed reader/Twitter reader and weather [21-03-2010] *UPDATED*

Hi _Chris_

Current version of InfoService is not yet compatible with any other browser plugin but WebBrowser. In Next version it'll be possible to choose the web browser you have set up.

hkjensen

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 11, 2007
    Copenhagen
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    Re: InfoService v1.5 - Feed reader/Twitter reader and weather [21-03-2010] *UPDATED*

Hi

Attached the danish translation :)

Thanks for a great plugin

Attachments

• strings_da.xml
      30.6 KB

SilentException

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 27, 2008
    Rijeka, Croatia
    Home Country
    Croatia Croatia

Thank you hkjensen, but since version 1.5 danish translation was already added..

strings_da.xml

Please just let me know if yours is better? Or you could combine the best from both ;)

Cheers!

Bleazle

Portal Pro
    July 14, 2007
    Pukekohe
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand

....Current version of InfoService is not yet compatible with any other browser plugin but WebBrowser...

Where is there a link to download WebBrowser? Why isn't it in the first post of this thread? I recently recommended InfoService to someone who hadn't used it previously but I can't find where to download Webbrowser from anymore :rolleyes: Did I miss something? (you can tell that I like the plugin - it's in my signature!)

Bleazle

_Chris_

Portal Member
    June 9, 2009
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    AW: InfoService v1.5 - Feed reader/Twitter reader and weather [21-03-2010] *UPDATED*

Hi SilentExcept!

Do I understand correct: The WebBrowser Plugin is replaced by GeckoBrowser but currently it's not supported by InfoService? :confused: I followed the links on the source page, which lead me to GeckoBrowser...

However, I now uninstalled GeckoBrowser and installed WebBrowser. Now I'm able to click on all feeds and the browser is showing the correct site. The problem now is, that when I try to scroll down (using down arrow key of my keyboard) i get the following error message:

File not found:Microsoft.mshtml, Version=7.0.3300.0,Culture=neutral,PublicKeyToken=b03f5f7f11d50a3a

After pressing the OK button of that message MediaPortal crashes/terminates.

Thanks for your help,
    Chris

SpudR

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 27, 2007
    Yorkshire, UK
    Home Country
    England England

You need to get the file (it's in the webbrowser thread - as is the place to dump it)

**Search is your friend!**

ysmp

Design Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • May 17, 2008
    Seoul.
    Home Country
    South Korea South Korea

hi edsche ! i have a problem ,,,after uptate to MP1.1 RC3 i see some weather lable that was not view befor , (partly cloudy,sunny...)
    and first i think it is skin bug ... but after checking with more skins the bug thir in all skin i try ..

Frash Instal MP 1.1 RC3 +infoservise 1.5 + on windows xp pro & vista .....

in the InfoService log i see error : "InfoService | Error | Couldn't found user language C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\Language\InfoService\strings_en-US.xml for InfoService"

please see screenshots ... for maya & black glass nova ( in B3W i also see this lable but thir it seams like it suposs to be thir ,just
    need to fix the posetion little..)

can you help ? by the way i try to reinstal Infoservice plugin ,did not help ...

edsche

Community Plugin Dev
    January 7, 2007
    Ulm
    Home Country
    Germany Germany

hi edsche ! i have a problem ,,,after uptate to MP1.1 RC3 i see some weather lable that was not view befor , (partly cloudy,sunny...)
    and first i think it is skin bug ... but after checking with more skins the bug thir in all skin i try ..

Frash Instal MP 1.1 RC3 +infoservise 1.5 + on windows xp pro & vista .....

in the InfoService log i see error : "InfoService | Error | Couldn't found user language C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\Language\InfoService\strings_en-US.xml for InfoService"

please see screenshots ... for maya & black glass nova ( in B3W i also see this lable but thir it seams like it suposs to be thir ,just
    need to fix the posetion little..)

can you help ? by the way i try to reinstal Infoservice plugin ,did not help ...
    InfoService does not position the labels, that does the skin itself. So this should be a skin bug. But for now i cannot clearly say that InfoService is compatible with RC3. I only did some few tests with RC3 and InfoService, but they went well (at least for the last build).

Bt nevertheless i will look into this...

Users who are viewing this thread