*ORIGINAL THREAD* InfoService v1.6 - Feed reader/Twitter reader and weather (1 Viewer)

SpudR

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 27, 2007
    Yorkshire, UK
    Home Country
    England England
    Re: InfoService v1.5 - Feed reader/Twitter reader and weather [21-03-2010] *UPDATED*

<String id="32">Feed service is bugge*ed</String>
    <String id="33">Twitter service should be bugge*ed</String>
    :D

ltfearme

Community Plugin Dev
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 10, 2007
    Sydney
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    Re: InfoService v1.5 - Twitter - MP-TVSeries

Started using Twitter just becuase of this plugin. I have the MP-TVSeries option turned on but I notice that the episode name and # show up but not the series...

So I get "You don't know Jack s03e16" instead of "Eureka - You don't know Jack s03e16". Am I doing something wrong?
    Nope. Thats why i added the option to send the filename too. At the moment i can only receive the episodename without a code change by ltfearme. InfoService receives the last selected title (Property: #TVSeries.Title) and sends this to twitter. Maybe ltfearme can add a property with the full name.

Just committed a change to TVSeries which will publish the following:
    Code:
    #TVSeries.Extended.Title: "Eureka/3/16/You don't know Jack"
    SilentException said he will add code to InfoService to parse the new property.

This will also make it into the TVSeries 2.5 branch, so we can get a build out sooner with full support for InfoService 1.6.

edsche

Community Plugin Dev
    January 7, 2007
    Ulm
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Re: InfoService v1.5 - Feed reader/Twitter reader and weather [21-03-2010] *UPDATED*

Would be nice if some Spanish speaking guy translate these two strings. Spanish is the last language we need. Thank you :p

Code:
     <String id="32">FeedService is disabled...</String>
        <String id="33">TwitterService is disabled...</String>

bodiroga

Portal Pro
    January 1, 2008
    Home Country
    Spain Spain

Would be nice if some Spanish speaking guy translate these two strings. Spanish is the last language we need. Thank you :p

Code:
     <String id="32">FeedService is disabled...</String>
        <String id="33">TwitterService is disabled...</String>

I'm not really sure about this translations, because the word "feed" can't be translated easily, but here you have:

<String id="32">Servicio de fuentes desactivado...</String>
    <String id="33">Servicio de Twitter desactivado...</String>

If any spanish speaker has a better translation please post it.

Many thanks for all your work edsche and best regards,

Aitor

PS: Is a new version going to be released soon? What about the browser plugin? ;)

edsche

Community Plugin Dev
    January 7, 2007
    Ulm
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Re: InfoService v1.6 - Feed reader/Twitter reader and weather [06-06-2010] *UPDATED*

New version released ;) Please see first post for complete changelog and download. Also please note that duo a separate config file now, all your settings are gone. So please set your settings again :/

Changelog v1.6
    Code:
    [color=#888888][[/color][b][color=#555555]+[/color][/b][color=#888888]][/color] Added Danish, French, English (US) and English (GB) language
    [color=#888888][[/color][b][color=#555555]+[/color][/b][color=#888888]][/color] Added support for local feed files
    [color=#888888][[/color][b][color=#555555]+[/color][/b][color=#888888]][/color] Added check if the added feed file / feed url is a valid feed before adding feed
    [color=#888888][[/color][b][color=#555555]+[/color][/b][color=#888888]][/color] Added own configuration file
    [color=#888888][[/color][b][color=#555555]+[/color][/b][color=#888888]][/color] Added Blue3 skin files
    [color=#888888][[/color][b][color=#555555]+[/color][/b][color=#888888]][/color] Added property #infoservice.feed.selected.sourcefeed
    [color=#888888][[/color][b][color=#555555]+[/color][/b][color=#888888]][/color] Added selection for second line of the "All Feeds" view. The user can now select to show feed publish time, the source feed name or both.
    [color=#888888][[/color][b][color=#555555]+[/color][/b][color=#888888]][/color] The used Webbrowser plugin (WebBrowser, GeckoBrowser or other) can now be selected in the advanced configuration 
    [color=#888888][[/color][b][color=#555555]+[/color][/b][color=#888888]][/color] Last selected feed/twitter item will be selected on open Twitter or Feeds page
    [color=#888888][[/color][b][color=#555555]+[/color][/b][color=#888888]][/color] Improved tweeting of TV series/shows a lot!
    [color=#888888][[/color][b][color=#555555]*[/color][/b][color=#888888]][/color] Changed Blue3Wide and Blue3 to show the feed image instead of feed item image 
    [color=#888888][[/color][b][color=#555555]*[/color][/b][color=#888888]][/color] Reworked SkinSettings. SkinSettings will now overwrite user settings, but the will not saved permanently
    [color=#888888][[/color][b][color=#555555]*[/color][/b][color=#888888]][/color] Cache folder of twitter and feed is now configurable in the advanced configuration
    [color=#888888][[/color][b][color=#555555]*[/color][/b][color=#888888]][/color] Overridden settings by skin are marked in the configuration dialog now
    [color=#888888][[/color][b][color=#555555]*[/color][/b][color=#888888]][/color] Duo MediaPortal code change in property system, changed some weather and Recently Added properties (See Skin changelog v1.5 to v1.6)
    [color=#888888][[/color][b][color=#555555]*[/color][/b][color=#888888]][/color] Removed MaxTemp and MinTemp from weather today properties, because they are not right for some cities 
    [color=#888888][[/color][b][color=#555555]*[/color][/b][color=#888888]][/color] Log file is now not locked while MediaPortal is running
    [color=#888888][[/color][b][color=#555555]-[/color][/b][color=#888888]][/color] Fixed some logging issues
    [color=#888888][[/color][b][color=#555555]-[/color][/b][color=#888888]][/color] Fixed recently added system
    [color=#888888][[/color][b][color=#555555]-[/color][/b][color=#888888]][/color] Fixed some weather inconstancies.
    [color=#888888][[/color][b][color=#555555]-[/color][/b][color=#888888]][/color] Fixed some rare crashes duo threading issues.
    [color=#888888][[/color][b][color=#555555]-[/color][/b][color=#888888]][/color] Fixed false download of other files (only image files are now downloaded) by the Feed Service
    [color=#888888][[/color][b][color=#555555]-[/color][/b][color=#888888]][/color] Fixed language misspellings for English and Italian
    [color=#888888][[/color][b][color=#555555]i[/color][/b][color=#888888]][/color] Compiled against MediaPortal 1.1.0 RC4
    [color=#888888][[/color][b][color=#555555]![/color][/b][color=#888888]][/color] Duo the use of a own configuration file, you have to setup InfoService again, sorry

SpudR

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 27, 2007
    Yorkshire, UK
    Home Country
    England England
    Re: InfoService v1.6 - Feed reader/Twitter reader and weather [06-06-2010] *UPDATED*

Can't believe it's not in MPEI yet ;)

joz

Portal Pro
    March 17, 2008
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands

Awesome :D edsche!

I couldn't get recently added going before but now it seems to work! Off to skinning :)

--- EDIT ---
    First go, looks half decent at least.
    If there's interest for the skin file I can share, just PM.

---UPDATE---

Removed images and made a new post for this in Streamedmp skin forum

unitygain

Portal Member
    January 28, 2007
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom

Hi there, I've read throught the wiki and i realise that "Show the recently added Series (with MP-TVSeries 2.5) and recently added Movies (currently not supported by other plugins) on home screen"

I have looked through every option, but for the life of me I can't seem to figure out how to show the recently addded tv shows and movies on my basic home, I don't have a twiter account or really want anyone to now the movie I've just watched I just want it to look cool on my tv and show the coverart for the associated video................Like Joz above me i use streamedmp but can't seem to get it going or see where to configure it, I'm using RC4 with Infoservice 1.6

Very frustrating as I'm not a newbie at mediaportal and have been using it and personilizing it for a few years now lol

Could some one tell me how to get it the recently added videos option working please?

edsche

Community Plugin Dev
    January 7, 2007
    Ulm
    Home Country
    Germany Germany

Hi there, I've read throught the wiki and i realise that "Show the recently added Series (with MP-TVSeries 2.5) and recently added Movies (currently not supported by other plugins) on home screen"

I have looked through every option, but for the life of me I can't seem to figure out how to show the recently addded tv shows and movies on my basic home, I don't have a twiter account or really want anyone to now the movie I've just watched I just want it to look cool on my tv and show the coverart for the associated video................Like Joz above me i use streamedmp but can't seem to get it going or see where to configure it, I'm using RC4 with Infoservice 1.6

Very frustrating as I'm not a newbie at mediaportal and have been using it and personilizing it for a few years now lol

Could some one tell me how to get it the recently added videos option working please?
    There is no option to enable or disable this feature. Only the skinner can take use of the feature. What joz did, is to edit the streamed mp basichome.xml and add the recently added properties to it. I think i should have mentioned that in the first post :)

But be aware the currently skin developer guide is outdated (it's for v1.5 right now). Totally forgot to edit this site. I will update the guide asap :p

Edit: Skin developer guide updated!

Users who are viewing this thread