FlipGer

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 27, 2004
    Leipzig, Germany
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi,

you are welcome! :) Just search the forum for "translation" and / or "strings.xml" to get information on how to do it.

Flip.

Mr.Mitchell

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 13, 2004
    the Netherlands
    For the ecnoding you can use the link that is mentioned in the article on the Wiki. You will then be taken to the Wikipedia and if you do a search for Polish you will find 2 possibilities. These are: ISO 8859-2 and ISO 8859-16. The difference between those 2 is that ISO 8859-16 has the euro sign in it, so I suggest to use that one.

So the first line in the strings.xml probably should look like this:
    <?xml version=“1.0” encoding=“ISO-8859-16”?>

elem

Portal Member
    November 10, 2004
    Poland
    Ok but when i add this iso-8859-16 in my log file there is something like that:

2004-11-11 17:43:18 exception loading language language\Polish\strings.xml err:This system does not suppert this coding 'iso-8859-16'. Wiersz 1, posision 31. stack: at System.Xml.XmlScanner.SwitchEncoding(String encoding)

and all is in english

When i add iso-8859-2 all is working corectly but no polish dialectic sighns are shown...

Mr.Mitchell

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 13, 2004
    the Netherlands
    Hmm I have the same here if I use iso-8859-2. When I use that I can not use any special charachters. I also don't have iso-8859-16 on my machine so it is not possible to test with that one.

Unfortunately I don't really know where to go from here. I am out of ideas :-(

elem

Portal Member
    November 10, 2004
    Poland
    i don't know too...funny is that when i opend my xml page in IE using iso-8859-2 coding only half of special Polish characters were shown..so i created an txt file copy whole translation from .xml file and save it first as txt file using Unicode coding and then replace .txt with xml (i deleted encoding="" and my IE show all special characters but MP does not :( i don't know to how to fix it maybe someone who desighn this could help me maybe next realise will be "fixed from this problem"...

This translation is in 85% done..but i don't know if i can realise this with this character problem

CoolHammer

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 28, 2004
    Finland
    Hello,
    I had to use some special encoding to display finnish ä and ö letters until i found that the encoding line was missing.

encoding was utf-8 i think.
    There is also a croatian string file it uses same encoding line, maybe you could look at that to give you an example.

Here is the url to utf-8
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/UTF-8

Hope this helps ...

CoolHammer

elem

Portal Member
    November 10, 2004
    Poland
    u mean somethjing like this: "&#228" i try it for plish letters still doesn't work:( it must be program error..but thx

Users who are viewing this thread