Poll: Include OnlineVideo's instead of My Trailers (2 Viewers)

Include OnlineVideo's in installer instead of My Trailers?

• Yes

Votes: 93 85.3%
  • No

Votes: 16 14.7%

• Total voters

kkendall

Portal Pro
April 24, 2007
Gouda
Home Country
Netherlands Netherlands
Some information for all the ones crying that myTrailers is better than it's pendant in OnlineVideos:

Since armand has joined the OnlineVideos team and done the iTunes Movie Trailers site, the functionality is not only the same, but even includes more bugfixes.

Ah, I didn't know that! I'll have a look :)
If the trailer section of OnlineVideos is the same and even more stable, than it should be OnlineVideos offcourse! :p

ltfearme

Community Plugin Dev
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 10, 2007
    Sydney
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    I have put a bit of work into OnlineVideos skin recently, in particular the iTunes trailer site. I would like to remove MyTrailers from the distribution for StreamedMP v1.5.0 which will target MediaPortal 1.2 Beta. Most plugins will need to be updated to support the beta and it looks like armandp (lead developer of trailers) is focusing more of his efforts on the itunes site for online-videos so there may not be support for MyTrailers anyway (atleast straight away).

With MediaPortal 1.2 Beta and OnlineVideos 0.27+ you will be able to make your BasicHome menu item jump directly to iTunes trailer site in OnlineVideos, also there is the added bonus of searching for a trailers from MyVideos or MovingPictures.

Its undecided yet weather we will include OnlineVideos with-in the distribution of StreamedMP but will speak to offbyone about it closer to release date.

ysmp

Design Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • May 17, 2008
    Seoul.
    Home Country
    South Korea South Korea
    I have put a bit of work into OnlineVideos skin recently, in particular the iTunes trailer site. I would like to remove MyTrailers from the distribution for StreamedMP v1.5.0 which will target MediaPortal 1.2 Beta. Most plugins will need to be updated to support the beta and it looks like armandp (lead developer of trailers) is focusing more of his efforts on the itunes site for online-videos so there may not be support for MyTrailers anyway (atleast straight away).

With MediaPortal 1.2 Beta and OnlineVideos 0.27+ you will be able to make your BasicHome menu item jump directly to iTunes trailer site in OnlineVideos, also there is the added bonus of searching for a trailers from MyVideos or MovingPictures.

Its undecided yet weather we will include OnlineVideos with-in the distribution of StreamedMP but will speak to offbyone about it closer to release date.

hi ltfearme ! will like to ask a question abut this topic ...

is it posible to mack on basic home the onlinevideos start with parameter ( link to iTunes trailers ) but the butten name will call TRAILER ....? i means 1 butten will be onlinevideos (or webvideos) wich will be the raguler onlinevideos ,
    and one butten to say ,Trailers wich will be (onlinevideos start with parameter -iTuns) is this posble ?
    that way we will have my trailers ...in a way ...:)

Edit : just try it ,and work great .... so we can mack onlinevideos start with parameter -itunes trailer as a main buttun and call it TRAILERS ...
    very cool .... so i guss if my trailers plugin will not be update any more ....we can do this way ...

ltfearme

Community Plugin Dev
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 10, 2007
    Sydney
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    Yeah, of course ;)

You can call the menu item whatever you like, Trailers is the logical choice for iTunes Trailers so the change is completely transparent to the user. We will probably update the QuickSelect list so when you select Trailer from the link its actually a pointer to onlinevideos->iTunes.

Users who are viewing this thread