[confirm] Problem playing recorded TV in RC2 (1 Viewer)

disaster123

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 14, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    AW: Re: AW: Problem playing recorded TV in RC2

JUHU!!!

I was able to fix this :) But i wasn't able to find the bug. I simply exchanged the default core.dll against a newly compliled DEBUG core.dll. Then everything works fine. When i switch back to the default RELEASE core.dll or a new self compiled RELEASE core.dll it DOESN't work. Hopefully a dev can tell me why.

What about a self-compiled core.dll from the current SVN, non-debug?

It may be that there was a problem in RC2, but it has been fixed since RC2 - hopefully this is the case.

Mark

I'm already using actual SVN builds.

elliottmc

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 7, 2005
    Cardiff, UK
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Re: AW: Re: AW: Problem playing recorded TV in RC2

JUHU!!!

I was able to fix this :) But i wasn't able to find the bug. I simply exchanged the default core.dll against a newly compliled DEBUG core.dll. Then everything works fine. When i switch back to the default RELEASE core.dll or a new self compiled RELEASE core.dll it DOESN't work. Hopefully a dev can tell me why.

What about a self-compiled core.dll from the current SVN, non-debug?

It may be that there was a problem in RC2, but it has been fixed since RC2 - hopefully this is the case.

Mark

I'm already using actual SVN builds.

Right, so with current SVN (care to tell us the number?) you cannot play recorded TV with a self-compiled normal build, but you can with a debug build? Is this correct?

Look, I don't mean to offend you, but if you want the team to take this issue at all seriously, you need to be making clear bug reports and follow the guidelines. Right now you are drip-feeding us information and trying to decide what we do or do not need, which is not helpful.

I guess what we might need is full logs for the same situation using the debug and non-debug core.dll, for comparison. I know that it might not show anything, but it is the best chance we have. Please post the full logs, and not the snippits of the log that you personally think might be the most help.

Mark

disaster123

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 14, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    AW: Problem playing recorded TV in RC2

elliottmc
    you're right i'm really sorry this wasn't my intention.

I'll try to explain a little bit more clearly.
    1. test standard RC2 => recordings don't work, mptvseries works, livetv works - after starting livetv or mptvseries first recordings work too
    2. test complete full uninstall of RC2 + reinstall => the same
    3. test compile of SVN 25667 + reinstall => the same
    4. test replace release core.dll SVN 25667 with debug core.dll SVN 25667 => WORKS
    5. test verfiy: replace the debug core.dll with standard core.dll => doesn't work again
    6. test verfiy: replace the release core.dll with debug core.dll => WORKS

elliottmc

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 7, 2005
    Cardiff, UK
    Home Country
    Re: AW: Problem playing recorded TV in RC2

@elliottmc
    you're right i'm really sorry this wasn't my intention.

I'll try to explain a little bit more clearly.
    1. test standard RC2 => recordings don't work, mptvseries works, livetv works - after starting livetv or mptvseries first recordings work too
    2. test complete full uninstall of RC2 + reinstall => the same
    3. test compile of SVN 25667 + reinstall => the same
    4. test replace release core.dll SVN 25667 with debug core.dll SVN 25667 => WORKS
    5. test verfiy: replace the debug core.dll with standard core.dll => doesn't work again
    6. test verfiy: replace the release core.dll with debug core.dll => WORKS

Thanks for clarifying.

Could you also check one more thing? What happens if you try to turn on live TV after rebooting? Does it work okay the first time, or just the second time?

If you try to play back a TV recording, does it fail the first time, or every time?

The reason I ask is that on two of my client systems, TV does not work properly the first time after reboot (audio plays but no picture) but it works fine after that. The team is looking into this issue. It is conceivable that your problem is related to this.

Mark

Golf4

Portal Pro
    August 18, 2006
    Dunkeldeutschland
    Home Country
    Germany Germany

Moin moin,
    sorry, the new compilet core.dll does not run :(
    I cannot open mediaportal.exe and also the mpconfig.exe
    It is produced also none mp-logfile.

G4

disaster123

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 14, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany

Golf4
    in my test i was using an actual SVN build - sorry i forgot that. So it means my compiled core.dll isn't any longer compatible with RC2. Sorry.

elliottmc
    > Could you also check one more thing?
    Shure.

> What happens if you try to turn on live TV after rebooting? Does it work okay the first time, or just the second time?
    Live TV plays fine - doesn't matter if it is after reboot, standby or whatever.

> If you try to play back a TV recording, does it fail the first time, or every time?
    Everytime until i start livetv or a .ts file through MovingPictures or MPTvSeries.

gyring_eddy

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 2, 2008
    Home Country
    Apologies, I started the thread then neglected to keep up with the discussion.

disaster123: No, I didn't fix it. I've just been living with it till I get a moment to tinker. I'm glad you had some success with your debug core.dll - pity I'm still using the original RC2 build. Which SVN are you using now?

elliottmc: I've attached a new log containing:
    1. an unsucessful attempt at playing a tv recording,
    2. subsequent sucessful initiation of live tv,
    3. successful attempt at playing the recording that failed in 1.

Out of curiosity I tried moving a .ts file from my recordings folder to my videos folder and playing it from the videos screen in MP - it played fine. Live TV also works first time after MP startup, as do other types of video.

I think my codecs could still be to blame - I've been having some problems with h264/AAC playback since switching to RC2 which may or may not be related.

Thanks again.

disaster123

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 14, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    AW: Re: Problem playing recorded TV in RC2

Out of curiosity I tried moving a .ts file from my recordings folder to my videos folder and playing it from the videos screen in MP - it played fine.

Yes it seems to be a bug in the recording section. Your result is what i've seen too. It's working fine from MovingPictures, MPTvSeries, ...

arion_p

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 7, 2007
    Athens
    Home Country
    Greece Greece
    Perhaps not related but: is anyone having this issue not running x64?

Golf4

Portal Pro
    August 18, 2006
    Dunkeldeutschland
    Home Country
    Germany Germany

Hi Disaster123,
    vielen Dank für deine SVN build 25683.
    Die Corel.dll (1.0.6.12592) habe ich ausgetauscht.
    Der Fehler ist nun beseitigt.
    Auch der Thumnailer (mtn.exe) funktioniert nun wieder für HD-Aufnahmen.
    Der Senderwechsel von sd zu hd und umgekehrt geht sehr flüssig.
    Die sd und hd Wiedergabe läuft ohne Stottern.

disaster123,
    Thank you for your SVN build 25683rd
    The Corel.dll (1.0.6.12592) I replaced.
    The error has now been removed.
    Even the thumnails (mtn.exe) now works again for HD recording.
    Also the channel changing from sd to hd or vice versa is very fluid.
    The sd and hd playback runs without stuttering.
    (Thanks google translator ;))

By G4

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom