Helios61

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 30, 2008
    NRW
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi catavolt!

First you have to add the new font(-size) to the fonts.xml.

Best regards

Helios

I am playing around with different fonts, but it doesn't work!
    First i have added the new font to the fonts.xml like this:
    <font>
    <name>font22</name>
    <filename>kokida</filename>
    <height>20</height>
    <bold>yes</bold>
    </font>

After that i have added
    <font>font22</font>
    to the "skin.xml", but either nothing happens, or the new formated text disappears completley!

What do i wrong?

Best regards

Helios

catavolt

Design Group Manager
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 13, 2007
    Königstein (Taunus)
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Which "skin.xml" - or is this just a replacement for any skin xml? If so it is important that you first clear the cache and then restart MP. And make sure you use the font name as it is shown if you double-click on a font in \windows\fonts. Sometimes the filename of a font is not the same as the font name itself. You may also find out the exact font name in a word processor like Word, Open Office etc.
    If you add the respective font as attachment, I can see what I can do for you ;)

Helios61

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 30, 2008
    NRW
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Which "skin.xml" - or is this just a replacement for any skin xml? If so it is important that you first clear the cache and then restart MP. And make sure you use the font name as it is shown if you double-click on a font in \windows\fonts. Sometimes the filename of a font is not the same as the font name itself. You may also find out the exact font name in a word processor like Word, Open Office etc.
    If you add the respective font as attachment, I can see what I can do for you ;)

I am working on the "mymusicplayingnow.xml"! First i have added the font to the font.xml
    <font>
    <name>font22</name>
    <filename>Verdana</filename>
    <height>18</height>
    <bold>no</bold>
    </font>

after that i have added this part
    <control>
    <type>fadelabel</type>
    <description>track label</description>
    <id>113</id>
    <posX>25</posX>
    <posY>42</posY>
    <width>680</width>
    <height>20</height>
    <label>#Play.Current.Album</label>
    <font>font22</font>
    <textcolor>FFFFCC80</textcolor>
    <disabledcolor>ff808080</disabledcolor>
    </control>

to the "mymusicplayingnow.xml"! After clearing the cache and restart, there is nothing to see on the skin! It is strange, but with the fonts "Trebuchet MS" and "Good Times" all is working fine!

If you add the respective font as attachment, I can see what I can do for you

First i like to lern it for myself! :confused: (Der Ehrgeiz ist erwacht :))

Best regards

Helios

RickWesh

Portal Member
    March 26, 2005
    Larimore ND.
    Hi Catavolt.
    Once again you've made a masterpiece there with PV4:3 2.5

I was having the same issue as with 2.2 but I searched through the forum and found the dialog between youself and Helios!

The one thing I'm wondering is that while you in the NowPlaying part of MyMusic where it scolls the information for you it lays over the top of the current time. just a thought!

RickWesh

Portal Member
    March 26, 2005
    Larimore ND.
    Current song scrolls over current time

Sorry told you the wrong spot.
    I altered the image in order to highlight the area.

Attachments

• PV25 MyMusic Shot.jpg
      PV25 MyMusic Shot.jpg
      132.8 KB

catavolt

Design Group Manager
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 13, 2007
    Königstein (Taunus)
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Better use 24 h format, then this won´t happen. We have very few space in 4:3 skins, therefore this overlapping is inevitable (feature, no bug ;)).

RickWesh

Portal Member
    March 26, 2005
    Larimore ND.
    No Cover Art list after scanning

When your in MyMusic and you go to scan for cover art it states it's scanning for the cover art, and then you see no list of the scan result at all.
    Images below:

Attachments

• Find Cover Art starting.jpg
      Find Cover Art starting.jpg
      111.1 KB
    • Cover Art Searching.jpg
      Cover Art Searching.jpg
      122.2 KB
    • Right after Cover Art Scan.jpg
      Right after Cover Art Scan.jpg
      162.1 KB
    Status