catavolt

Design Group Manager
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 13, 2007
    Lanzarote
    Germany Germany
    Country flag
    AW: PureVision 4:3

Hi Chuck, unfortunately I can only test on a PAL-based monitor - so very difficult to estimate how it would look like on a NTSC screen,,,
    Maybe you could experiment a bit with the font sizes and help me to find a suitable solution?

TLD

Portal Pro
    October 26, 2007
    Rainy Washington
    United States of America United States of America
    Country flag
    Hi catavolt, was taking the new PureVision 4:3 v5 skin for a test drive and got a incompatible plugin warning when i started MP. I had installed with the MPEI and all seemed to go well until i started MP and got the warning, i hit OK and MP started up and everything looked good with the skin and everything works as far as installed plugins but after i quit MP and went into MP configuration in the plugins section there is a plugin in the incompatible plugin section called "skin Info".

Also is there a way to edit the menu items on the Basic home menus or is that "skin info" plugin the editor.

catavolt

Design Group Manager
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 13, 2007
    Lanzarote
    Germany Germany
    Country flag

Hi TLD, you´re right, atm there is no working version of the Skin Info plugin. I´m still waiting for that. Should have deleted it from the MPEI installer....
    And no, there is no BasicHome Editor available for PureVision. Maybe in a future release ;)

2BitSculptor

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 23, 2008
    South Central Wisconsin
    Country flag
    Hi catavolt,

I've been testing font sizes and fonts to try to get a more legible display on NTSC (640x480). I've found that the font in the Default skin has more inter-character spacing (kerning) and reduces some of the smearing-together of the text that I get. I replaced the Fluid font with Verdana, keeping the all-cap fonts as is, but still had to bump all the font sizes up. ... (example) font12 height=13 to height=14. Any larger would require substantial adjustment to the screen graphic layouts to accommodate the larger font sizes. The use of font10, font11 and font12 still are too small for good readability (font12 with the size bumped up is on the fence).

Adjusting the 4:3 skin for NTSC would be a large task.

Best regards,

Chuck

2BitSculptor

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 23, 2008
    South Central Wisconsin
    Country flag
    Re: AW: PureVision 4:3

How about the fonts.xml you are using atm?
    Here is the fonts.xml mod I came up with. The font size for the date and time labels are still difficult to read, but everything is starting to get squeezed together with the current layout.

Chuck

Attachments

catavolt

Design Group Manager
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 13, 2007
    Lanzarote
    Germany Germany
    Country flag

Because the known problems with inbuild weather, Micropolis built the new plugin WorldWeather.
    Therefore I made up the respective skin files for PureVision 4:3.
    Please find enclosed the respective files together with some screenshots :D
    Enjoy!

Attachments

catavolt

Design Group Manager
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 13, 2007
    Lanzarote
    Germany Germany
    Country flag

Here are the new xmls for World Weather 0.2.5. New: satallite images can now be zoomed, GeoClock fills background completely, actualization time added, some small cosmetic changes ;)

Attachments

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Top Bottom