[Question] QuickSync transcoding (1 Viewer)

Oxan

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 29, 2009
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Due to a lack of time, I'm personally not very interested in adding profiles for other transcoder programs (doing that takes a lot of time, to get it right). However, anyone can create a transcoding profile using QSTranscode (or another transcoder), MPExtended doesn't need to be changed for that. I'll try to create some documentation on that tonight.

Oxan

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 29, 2009
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Not sure what you mean with "generic module", but yes, it's possible to use vlc.exe instead of VLCWrapper. I think changing the Transcoder parameter to MPExtended.Services.StreamingService.Transcoders.VLC and changing the path to vlc.exe is enough, but I'm not completely sure.

Users who are viewing this thread

Similar threads

Brilliant. Thanks very much. That'll do nicely.
    Brilliant. Thanks very much. That'll do nicely.
    Hello, does MPExtended service support hardware assisted transcoding? In its current configuration, I am experiencing very high CPU...
    Replies
    Views
    Yup....I've always set it to shares :) .....and just to repeat....all good in 1.30...!
    Yup....I've always set it to shares :) .....and just to repeat....all good in 1.30...!
    Have used MP1 for some years now....and without problems :) Problem now....is that I can see my Video folders....but they won't...
    Replies
    Views
    And if you use the comskip plugin, the file is locked during the process of comm removal. ;)
    And if you use the comskip plugin, the file is locked during the process of comm removal. ;)
    I'm about to do a Win 7 to Win 10 upgrade on a disk that has 2 partitions. The second partition holds all the recorded tv files so...
    Replies
    Views
    Software Developer C# The MediaPortal 2 team is seeking committed people to strengthen its developer basis Are you interested in driving the development of an advanced HTPC software? Would you like new features get implemented faster? Well, then join us! What we offer: Almost unlimited creative leeway The possibility to closely...
    Software Developer C# The MediaPortal 2 team is seeking committed people to strengthen its developer basis Are you interested in...
    Software Developer C# The MediaPortal 2 team is seeking committed people to strengthen its developer basis Are you interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    I need to try MadVR, I hope my Intel NAC can manage it.
    I need to try MadVR, I hope my Intel NAC can manage it.
    Remember PAL DVDs of US movies and TV Shows, and how they were converted to 25 fps thus introducing a "smurf lite" pitch on the...
    Replies
    Views
    Top Bottom