Radio plugin. (1 Viewer)

cheezey

Community Plugin Dev
August 26, 2004
West Yorks, UK
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
It's not looking good. I've installed the RealMediaSplitter.ax and Real Alternative v1.2.3 but WMP still says no can do for RAM files.

:cry:

There's next to no documentation around this that I can find, but I'll persevere!! :roll:

SiLenTYL

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 23, 2004
    Melbourne
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    Ok uninstall all your Realplayer players, including the .ax separately

Install Real alternative(latest version)

Open WMP9.

Run a .RAM file...

It will tell you WMP9 cannot run this file.....do u want to try anyway?

SAY YES!

It will play...from that moment on .RAM files will work in MP too.

A

Anonymous

SiLenTYL said:
    It will play...from that moment on .RAM files will work in MP too.

The problem is... it doesn't play in WMP9 having done this. It says that it cannot play the .ram file back because the file type is not supported or the medium might be corrupt.

Media Player Classic will play it no problems, though... For what it's worth I am attempting to play the BBC Radio live stream which can be found (according to the .ram file) here:

rtsp://rmlivev8.bbc.net.uk/farm/*/ev7/live24/radio1/live/r1_dsat_g2.ra

When I feed WMP9 this address it claims that it can't find the server.

FWIW I am using WMP9 on WinXP with RealAlt 1.23. I have checked that the realmedia directshow entries exist with the Filter Manager.

/drdaz

cheezey

Community Plugin Dev
    August 26, 2004
    West Yorks, UK
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    I'll second that, I am also using WMP9 on WinXP with RealAlt 1.23 and have checked the realmedia directshow entries exist with filter manager and I still can't get these streams to play.

(fyi...I'm also trying to get the BBC streams, there are a couple in asx format though... http://www.radiofeeds.co.uk/

Is there any scope to develop the plugin to handle Real Audio streams natively?

A

Anonymous

Does installing WMP10 make any difference?

I too would love to listen to BBC radio streams in MP, I hate the Real Player software. :twisted:

A

Anonymous

Just found this on the BBC website. This has certainly change very recently AFAIK.

Do you have plans to use any other streaming formats?
    New digital stations 1Xtra, 6 Music, Asian Network, BBC 7 and Five Live Sports Extra are now available to listen to in Windows Media format. We have no immediate plans to use any other streaming formats

Shame it doesn't include Radio 1 and their World Service. This is what I am particularly interested in.

A

Anonymous

MrMario64 said:
    if you can get ram to play in wmp, then yes we can to.

i've been playing around with this today and i can't for the life of me get Windows Media Player to play .ram files (I am also attempting to stream a BBC station... http://www.bbc.co.uk/radio1/realaudio/media/r1live.rpm)

I have completely unsintalled Real player, Real Alternative and the Gabest splitter and reinstalled Real Alternative (as in the above suggestion) but WMP still says "cannot play the file, one or more codecs could not be found"

DirectShow Filter Manager (0.3) shows that i have 4 Real Media filters...
    RealMedia Splitter has merit 0x600000
    RealAudio Decoder 0x400000
    RealMedia Source 0x600000
    RealVideo Decoder 0x400000
    (all these filters are by Gabest)

So basically I have two questions...

1 - Has anyone had any joy playing Real Media .ram files in WMP9?
    2 -If so, how did you do it?

Thanks for the input. At least until I can get this sorted I can still listen to BBC Radio 6 in Media Portal :D

hideo

Users who are viewing this thread