record new episodes only (2 Viewers)

C

chalooch101

in the record settings there should be an option to record only new episodes of a show because it may not be new every week

ciscoleal

Portal Member
June 23, 2005
Sunnyvale, CA
I endorse.

Not only that but sometimes a show will run 3 times in a day and be the same episode.

One hurdle I see is that some shows have no tvguide details and so I don't see how it would be able to tell if a show is new or not.

I endorse such a feature.

PLeblanc

Portal Member
February 10, 2005
Or tag all showings of a show I haven't seen

A slightly different approach would be to allow you to grab all new showings of a show that you haven't seen, regardless of whether it is a premiere broadcast or a rerun. One way would be to track which shows have been recorded, even if they have since been deleted. That would let you get all the episodes of, say, News Radio without repeats, even though there are no new episodes of News Radio being broadcast.

So that would let you get all the episodes of a show that are new to you, rather than all episodes a show that are new to broadcast.

A

Anonymous

Tivo does the 'new show only' thing, and does it well. I see in the guide data (Repeat) typically for non new shows. I don't know if Tivo is putting that there, or it's part of the guide data.

SPYcorp

Portal Member
February 17, 2005
Sound good. But one problem.
Some Broadcasters (and in some cases TV magazines, too) publish wrong data.
I had often seen that a tv series is shown with wrong seasson/episode data.

C

chalooch101

it does exist else where

if the code if there for beyond tv to make it work i think there must be a way to incorporate it into media portal

ap90033

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 24, 2011
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    Hope this feature has been added, media center does it just fine, if show is a repeat no record, if show is NEW Record. :eek:

ap90033

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 24, 2011
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    Hmm just noticed this was requested in 2005 is there any chance this will be added into MP? I know MP 1.2 beta is being worked on and I am pretty sure it wont have it, but maybe (please please) in a future release?

The_Stig

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 5, 2005
    Guys. This feature is already in MP's TvServer for a long time. I am on mobile Device so cannot check exactly but please open setuptv and check recordings settings. There you can activate this and have the option if you look for Episode number or title. But important is that your Epg actually have this data at all. Else it cannot work.

Users who are viewing this thread

Similar threads

I removed all sign of MySQL, rebooted, did a clean reinstall. It reinstalled 5.6, But I've still got both the same problem - unable to connect to any of the specified MySQL hosts. And Hostname is still in red. I don't understand - this is a dedicated TV computer. Unless an update did this I don't know why there's a problem in the...
    I removed all sign of MySQL, rebooted, did a clean reinstall. It reinstalled 5.6, But I've still got both the same problem -...
    I've been using MediaPortal for 20 or so years. Last night it recorded perfectly. This arvo it doesn't - will run videos but not...
    Replies
    Views
    I uninstalled MP, made sure no sub folders were left n any programmes folders, changed the computer name, rebooted, installed MP and set logs and rebooted and ran TVServer. Didn't do anything in regard to S Loopback adapter. I've been using NextPvr since the problem became insurmountable. Only reason it's not a good long term...
    I uninstalled MP, made sure no sub folders were left n any programmes folders, changed the computer name, rebooted, installed MP...
    I've been using MediaPortal for 20 or so years. Last night it recorded perfectly. This arvo it doesn't - will run videos but not...
    Replies
    Views
    So not 100% sure if this is a MyTVSeries or FanArt issue, but the episode thumbnails always revert to the series default after restart. If you go to an episode and open the options and pick choose artwork then choose episode thumbnail it shows the correct thumbnail and says it is remote. Click on it and it goes local instantly and...
    So not 100% sure if this is a MyTVSeries or FanArt issue, but the episode thumbnails always revert to the series default after...
    So not 100% sure if this is a MyTVSeries or FanArt issue, but the episode thumbnails always revert to the series default after...
    Replies
    Views
    Good. I am pleased that that is now working for you. :) If you have ever looked at MP debug log files, you may have noticed that apparent errors are not rare, but these are "errors" that do not affect the functioning of the product. (It is not desirable to have these errors in the log file, as it misleads users, testers, and...
    Good. I am pleased that that is now working for you. :) If you have ever looked at MP debug log files, you may have noticed that...
    Hi, I am reinstalling MediaPortal 1.13 on a new W10 64Bit computer. In need to use this old version because of TVWishlist. So my...
    Replies
    Views
    MP2.5 has the latest OnlineVideo version. But as it was stated, that error will be possibly fixed in a future version, it will have the same problem as you face now.
    MP2.5 has the latest OnlineVideo version. But as it was stated, that error will be possibly fixed in a future version, it will have...
    The iPlayer link in Onlinevideos is only showing the last program in the series. For example 'The Traitors' only shows the final...
    Replies
    Views
    Top Bottom