RED DOT recording state doesn't appear in video fullscreen playing (1 Viewer)

catavolt

Design Group Manager
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 13, 2007
    Königstein (Taunus)
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    As I don't have "LatestMediaHandler" installed, I thought that I would test the modified files for compatibility.
    Yup, there are some visibility conditions not set yet ;)
    Will do and upload modified files later ;)
    Out of house now ;)

CyberSimian

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • June 10, 2013
    Southampton
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    I installed "LastestMediaHandler" on my test system, but made no other changes. The results were:

(1) When not recording, the red dot and the unresolved skin variables no longer appeared. :) (y)

(2) When recording, the red dot and related info did not appear on any of the OSDs when watching a video, or when watching a channel which was not the one being recorded. :( (n)

(3) I also noticed that when watching the channel being recorded, the red dot for the pause OSD was on the right, but the red dot for the info OSD was on the left. Would it not be more consistent to put the red dot in the same position on both OSDs? Either place both on the left, or both on the right. :unsure:

-- from CyberSimian in the UK

catavolt

Design Group Manager
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 13, 2007
    Königstein (Taunus)
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    (2) When recording, the red dot and related info did not appear on any of the OSDs when watching a video, or when watching a channel which was not the one being recorded. :( (n)
    This will happen if the font used in those properties is not available in your font.xml. I use <font>font9</font> - so if there is no font9 in your font.xml, nothing is shown ;)
    OR: LatestMediaHandler is not correct configured to show ongoing recordings ;)
    (3) I also noticed that when watching the channel being recorded, the red dot for the pause OSD was on the right, but the red dot for the info OSD was on the left. Would it not be more consistent to put the red dot in the same position on both OSDs? Either place both on the left, or both on the right. :unsure:
    Will change that - I thought it was a good design idea to have the record pin in front of the channel name :whistle:

catavolt

Design Group Manager
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 13, 2007
    Königstein (Taunus)
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hmm, had to do some more definitions in different areas to really show the recording data, pls. try the attached xmls ;)
    Don´t wonder that there are not only the OSDs, but I also had to define the properties in the main screens as well ;)
    xmls deleted, pls. use the newer ones below ;)

Last edited:

catavolt

Design Group Manager
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 13, 2007
    Königstein (Taunus)
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Don´t wonder that there are not only the OSDs, but I also had to define the properties in the main screens as well ;)
    As the above is still experimental, I will try to set the properties only once in common.windows.xml to not have the definitions in all main screens.
    As common.windows.xml is called from any main screen, that should be sufficient.
    I´m also eperimenting with adding an extra button to the OSDs which then would open an extra window showing the ongoing recordings there instead of a fadelabel in the lower right of the OSDs. What do you think about this approach?

CyberSimian

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • June 10, 2013
    Southampton
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    LatestMediaHandler is not correct configured to show ongoing recordings
    This was the problem.
    I had not noticed that the "Plugins" panel in "MP Config" has a "Configure" button.:eek:

New xmls with correct visibilities (nothing shown when LMH is not installed/activated)
    Tested, and working correctly when LMH is disabled. :) But...

I noticed that the pause OSD in "Videos" does not show the info for the programme currently recording, whereas the info OSD in "Videos" does show this info. :( An oversight?

had to do some more definitions in different areas to really show the recording data
    I have not tested these yet. :D

-- from CyberSimian in the UK

joecrow

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 9, 2012
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Not sure if this is related but I have seen some weird things when playing recordings that are in progress or when something else is recording. The attached screenshot 1 shows the skip OSD during the playback of a recording in progress (note no name). Screenshot 2 shows the skip OSD from an earlier recording (Kommisar Maigret) which shows a name, from the previous playback, i.e. the wrong one! Sorry but I have not found a way of reliably reproducing the problem, not sure what the circumstances are that produce the error but it comes up quite often.
    1.jpg 2.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom