RED DOT recording state doesn't appear in video fullscreen playing (2 Viewers)

catavolt

Design Group Manager
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 13, 2007
    Königstein (Taunus)
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I´m also eperimenting with adding an extra button to the OSDs which then would open an extra window showing the ongoing recordings there instead of a fadelabel in the lower right of the OSDs. What do you think about this approach?
    Screenshots from MyVideo and Live TV:
    16-17-31.jpg 16-19-07.jpg

:D:whistle::coffee:

framug

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 31, 2005
    South of France
    Home Country
    France France
    Hello catavolt,
    May be am I wrong but on your pictures, it seems end time are the same at start time, a problem with that ?
    I didn't want so complicated things, just a red dot in all fullscreen videos playing to inform a global recording state on the way but, why not, more is better ? :) ;-)

framug

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 31, 2005
    South of France
    Home Country
    France France
    OK.
    Also, is your OSD capable to display 5 recordings or, 3 recordings max ?
    5 would be better :)

CyberSimian

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • June 10, 2013
    Southampton
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Screenshots from MyVideo and Live TV
    I like those! :)

it seems end time are the same at start time, a problem with that ?
    Yup, seems LMH has a problem
    This is the same behaviour as the times that you see on the "Recorded TV" panel for programmes that are currently recording. I have never liked this, as it does not seem to add any value. The fact that the programme is recording is indicated by the red dot to the left or right of the programme in the list (depends on the skin). I would speculate that this is the information that "TV Server" is providing to the MP client, and that LMH obtains the same information. There may be a good reason why "TV Server" is providing start and end times which are the same, but I cannot think of one. :(

Also, is your OSD capable to display 5 recordings or, 3 recordings max ? 5 would be better :)
    No, 8 would be better (because I have 8 tuners :D). Actually, it would be better if there were no limit, but that might be asking for too much. :(

-- from CyberSimian in the UK

framug

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 31, 2005
    South of France
    Home Country
    France France
    Well, I bet 5 :
    1 film.
    And 2 series with more than 1 episode give 4 because of pre and post recording.
    And with 4 tuners, I can record 20 channels because 1 tuner only is needed by multiplex. :)

I hope MP devs will take care of that to give informations as public natively done by MP.
    It's bad (crapy) to use comskip or LMH or another plugin for this.

CyberSimian

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • June 10, 2013
    Southampton
    Home Country
    screenshot 1 shows the skip OSD during the playback of a recording in progress (note no name). Screenshot 2 shows the skip OSD from an earlier recording (Kommisar Maigret) which shows a name, from the previous playback
    I have seen both of these occurrences, but not in your circumstances (so that is new knowledge). :)

In "Videos", it is possible for the programme name to be the name of a previously-played programme. This happens when the file being played is a DVR-MS or WTV file. I agree that this is not going to be a common occurrence, but it indicates that there is a path through the code that allows the built-in skin variable to be unset, and the variable retains its previous value. If the previous value was the null string (the value at MP start-up), no programme name is displayed; in other cases the wrong name is displayed. :(

The case I describe above is a skin-engine or MP client fault. Your case could be a similar skin-engine or MP client fault, or incorrect mark-up in the skin file (the visibility conditions in the OSDs are fiendishly complex, and this is not helped by the OSDs being anomalous in several behaviours, compared to other panels). :cry:

joecrow

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 9, 2012
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    (the visibility conditions in the OSDs are fiendishly complex, and this is not helped by the OSDs being anomalous in several behaviours, compared to other panels). :cry:
    Hmm, that's not the only weirdness:eek: I've seen, I only really noticed this since the 1.21 update, I have had several instances where I tried to play a recording and the screen flashed then returned back to the menu (recorded TV), re-selecting and OK then plays per normal also on one occasion I saw 2 entries in the menu, both apparently, for the same recording in progress (both with red buttons).:oops:

CyberSimian

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • June 10, 2013
    Southampton
    Home Country
    I have had several instances where I tried to play a recording and the screen flashed then returned back to the menu (recorded TV), re-selecting and OK then plays per normal
    Is this using Madvr? I have been using MP 1.21f as my production system for the past week, but have not encountered this problem (yet). But I don't use Madvr.

Recently I have been looking more critically at image quality, and it is very obvious that my Sony TV does a better job at resizing SD channels to HD than MP does. So I may be trialing Madvr in the future...

on one occasion I saw 2 entries in the menu, both apparently, for the same recording in progress (both with red buttons).
    This can happen for real (i.e. not a bug). It occurs when you use the broadcast EPG with the "update the EPG while watching live TV or recording" setting. Example: programme X starts recording, an EPG update is received a few minutes later specifying that programme X starts (say) 10 minutes later, so MP creates another reservation for it, and a second recording of the programme begins at the modified start time.

I have had this happen when a programme following a news broadcast started late due to the news broadcast being extended. If this is what happened in your case, you should end up with two separate recordings in "Recorded TV", but with different start times.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom