RED DOT recording state doesn't appear in video fullscreen playing (2 Viewers)

catavolt

Design Group Manager
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 13, 2007
    Königstein (Taunus)
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi folks, here we go with the latest (exprimental) xmls.
    As I can only have a button in the two main OSDs (videoOSD.xml and TVOSD.xml), you´ll find the extra window only there.
    In all other OSDs you´ll have the fadelabel scrolling the active recordings.
    Here the latest two screenshots from the main OSDs:

10-15-27.jpg 10-18-40.jpg

Happy testing ;) :whistle:

Attachments

• OSDs_red_dot_DefaultWideHD.zip
      13.7 KB
    Last edited:

CyberSimian

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • June 10, 2013
    Southampton
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    here we go with the latest (exprimental) xmls.
    Umm. :(

(1) The pause OSD does not appear at all (same for fast forward/backward, skip forward/backward). Applies to live TV, recorded TV, videos.

(2) The info OSD is correct, but when the "Active Recordings" button is selected, the subsidiary pop-up appears but the variables are not substituted -- there are four lines of the following (with a different number for each line):

#tvrecordings1.title (#tvrecordings1.channel) #tvrecordings1.start-#tvrecordings1.end

I get this both when there is a recording occurring, and when there is no recording. :(

-- from CyberSimian in the UK

CyberSimian

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • June 10, 2013
    Southampton
    Home Country
    I have just looked at the log file. Here is one error:

[ERROR] - exception loading window C:\ProgramData\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\Skin\DefaultWideHD\mytvFullScreen.xml err:Name cannot begin with the '|' character, hexadecimal value 0x7C. Line 239, position 101.

catavolt

Design Group Manager
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 13, 2007
    Königstein (Taunus)
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hmm, these errors are from the separator I used: "<|>" :oops:
    This should not happen - I used this kind of separotor in other skind without any problems.
    Pls. replace them with something you like and test again ;)

via tapatalk

CyberSimian

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • June 10, 2013
    Southampton
    Home Country
    these errors are from the separator I used: "<|>"
    The problem is the angle brackets "<>". I have removed those, leaving just the "|", and that works OK. However...

I notice that you define local variables equal to the LMH variables at the start of several files, but these are not being substituted, so this is the result:

pause_osd.jpg info_osd.jpg

Note: there was no recording occurring at the time that these screen shots were taken.

catavolt

Design Group Manager
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 13, 2007
    Königstein (Taunus)
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Here we go again :cool:
    1. I deleted all defines and use the original properties now.
    2. If you enter Live TV for the first time, all already ongoing recordings (e.g. timed recordings) will be shown correct.
    3. If you enter Live TV for the first time and start recording the actual channel (via context menu), this recording will not be shown until you leave the Live TV screen and enter it again. The reason for this seems to be that the different TV OSDs are loaded with the Live TV window and therefore the OSDs aren´t actualized.
    Happy testing ;)

Attachments

• OSDs_red_dot_DefaultWideHD.zip
      10.6 KB

CyberSimian

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • June 10, 2013
    Southampton
    Home Country
    Here we go again :cool:
    The changes seem to work as intended. :) However, I would make the following observations:

(1) The red dot and channel names of the recording channels appear on the pause and zap OSDs, but not on the info OSD. In fact, there is no indication at all on the info OSD that something is recording. :( The user has to move the focus to the "Active Recordings" button in order to see the details of the recordings.

The ability to see the details via the "Active Recordings" button is a useful capability, but I would expect the info OSD to be consistent with the pause and zap OSDs, i.e. the red dot and channel names should be visible if something is recording.

(2) I think that there ought to be some sort of separator between the channel names on the pause and zap OSDs if there is more than one channel recording. But "orphaned" separators should be avoided if the channel name is null. I think that an expression could do this, using "string.equals()" to test for a null channel name, and then choosing either the separator char or the null string.

(3) In the detailed recording-info on the info OSD, I don't think that showing the end time adds any value, since it is always the same as the start time. LMH provides these as separate variables, so you can easily omit the end time. Showing the true end time would be useful, but perhaps that is not available from LMH (or anywhere else).

(4) I noticed the problem with starting live TV and then a recording starting, and there being no display of the active recordings on the OSDs. In fact, this was the first test that I happened to try, and I thought that the changed files were not working correctly. :eek:

I think that this is a serious problem, because it seems to me that a common circumstance would be to start watching live TV or a recording or a video, and then a previously-scheduled recording starts, and yet the OSDs won't show it. :cry: Is there any way that this can be made to work properly?

(5) Since @framug is the one to blame for starting all this the one who should receive the credit for this suggested improvement, it would be useful to receive his comments on the usability of what it is actually possible to implement (in the absence of changes to the MP base code). Is this a worthwhile capability, if the limitation described in (4) cannot be overcome?

(6) I have not tested "TvOverlay.xml" yet. :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom