Skin Properties (1 Viewer)

Lichloathe

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 25, 2007
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    Not sure if I’ve missed this info somewhere here but is there a full list or wiki that’s actually working with a full list of available skin properties for moving pictures plugin?
    Just trying to add to my skin with some extra info. Thanks.

CyberSimian

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • June 10, 2013
    Southampton
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    is there a full list or wiki that’s actually working with a full list of available skin properties for moving pictures plugin?
    When I was writing my "Clarity" skin, I wanted a list of all available built-in skin variables, so I scanned the entire MP source looking for certain strings. Some points:

(1) I downloaded the MP source zip file from GitHub, but it includes only the main product plus those plugins that are included in the main distribution (so no "Moving Pictures").

(2) I used Windows "findstr.exe" to search the source folder tree and output the hits to a file. But the hits need further processing to extract the names of (possible) skin variables.

(3) The strings that I searched for were:
    "#
    GUIPropertyManager.SetProperty(
    This creates two different files with different selections of possible skin variables.

(4) Neither string provides a complete and correct list. The lists include some strings that are not skin variables, while the lists will be missing other strings that are skin variables. The resulting list of skin variables still needs some manual editing to remove strings that are obviously not skin variables.

(5) To be able to repeat this scan in the future, I wrote two batch scripts: one to perform the scan, and another to extract the names of the skin variables. Unfortunately, these scripts are written in the obscure Rexx scripting language, and you would need to install a Rexx interpreter in order to be able to run them. However there is a very good interpreter called "Open Object Rexx" that you can download from SourceForge.

Let me know if you want to experiment with my Rexx scripts.

-- from CyberSimian in the UK

Lichloathe

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 25, 2007
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    Thanks CyberSimian, very interesting.
    I have found what I was looking for in the meantime. I just needed to turn on the debug skinning option in the advanced options for Moving Pictures. There are actually quite a lot which is great.

Lichloathe

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 25, 2007
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    Thanks RoChess. Somehow I always forget the web archive when looking for information that leads to dead links. :rolleyes:

Users who are viewing this thread