Raven

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 12, 2005
    Stockholm
    dfbb said:
    Raven said:
    dfbb said:
    I got no reactions so far, so I'll ask again: When I enter the MyTV section, it almost hangs (no TV picture, unresponsive). The same problem occurs when I try playing a video file (AVI ie). I do have a slow videocard (ATI 7000 AIW and a PVR 150MCE), but with all the other skins TV and video is playing fine. Any ideas why it's so slow (normal navigation is smooth)?

I don't know what is causing your problem. Since the skin is designed for 1280x720 the graphics are of higher resolution and that might cause a problem with your slow graphics card. Have you tried other 1280x720 skins? That's the only reason I can think of right now.
    I always use the MCE 1280x720 and BlueTwo 1280x720 skins from Boilermaker and they both work fine.

I checked the bluetwo 1280x720 and it seems that skin is using the exact same graphics as the 4:3 version. It just rescaled them to 1280x720. Razor use full resolution graphics and I think this might cause your problem. If that is not the issue I have no clue why it's slow on your system. I have had no performance problem myself and haven't heard of anyone else having this problem either.

Raven

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 12, 2005
    Stockholm
    Re: it works (kinda)

simonsi said:
    Wow it works, well it doesn't but at least it looks better.... just 2 bad that I don't have a TV anymore it just doesn't display anything. (it doesn't hang, just does nothing.) TV card is set-up perfectly and recognized and everything, but still ..... nothing......

Luckaly looks are everything but if anyone has a bright idea on how to make it work, please let me know.

Ahh... they wheren't kidding about the back-up part, should learn 2 listen....:-(

Does MP not even show up when starting it? If it doesn't, try deleting the fonts folder under skins/Razor and also delete the packagegfx xml and png files under skins/Razor.

Teaboy

Portal Member
    January 31, 2005
    Thanks for the response!

Raven said:
    I haven't been able to reproduct the problem with the channel name not showing. It seems skins behave in many different ways depending on the system it is run on. I will see if I can get closer to finding out the cause of this error.
    This is probably a bug in mediaportal so I'm sure it will be fixed soon :)

Raven said:
    As you stated you are running the skin in 4:3 on 800x600 resolution. This skin is designed for 16:9 and at least 1280x720 resolution. It is also meant for large screens 30" and upwards. Therefore some fonts will not be optimized for readability on your lower resolution. I'm sorry for that.
    I realise that I'm not running it as it was designed, but there are some places that I feel could be optimised for both types of screen. For example, in 'My Videos' there is a title 'Shares' and then a small title underneath with the file name. I can read the big text easily, but it always says 'Shares' so I don't need to read that, and so to me it seems a bit pointless it being easier to read. If you know what I mean. :lol:

Raven said:
    The TV-guide is not yet finished and I'm aware of the faults you mentioned.

The buttons on the home screen are not completed yet either and will be fixed.

Excellent! I eagerly await the updates.

Thanks!

Raven

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 12, 2005
    Stockholm
    Teaboy said:
    I realise that I'm not running it as it was designed, but there are some places that I feel could be optimised for both types of screen. For example, in 'My Videos' there is a title 'Shares' and then a small title underneath with the file name. I can read the big text easily, but it always says 'Shares' so I don't need to read that, and so to me it seems a bit pointless it being easier to read. If you know what I mean. :lol:

Yes I do know what you mean. The reason the label underneath is smaller is because it usually is much longer than the title above and if it were too big it would look bad on higher resolution since you would have to wait for the label to scroll just because the font is rediculously large. I will leave it as it is now, but once Razor is completed I will look into making some compromises so the skin looks as good as possible on as many different resolutions as possible. Since it is a high resolution 16:9 skin however, I will prioritize goods look in high-res over good looks in lower-res. But I think we can find a solution that will work for you too. I will have to wait until Razor is completed though.

Hope you understand my take on this.

Regards
    Raven

Raven

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 12, 2005
    Stockholm
    The new TV guide is almost completed and will be commited to CVS in the next day or two.

Here's a screenshot in the mean time.

tvguide2.jpg

Thanks to some help from antonyfirewalk I have now fixed the bug causing the GUI to hang when starting mp3 playback. It has been commited to CVS and should be available in the latest CVS or at least the next one.

Regards
    Raven

Raven

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 12, 2005
    Stockholm
    Mr. Bean said:
    Looks great! When do you mean, we can download your skin?

Well the skin is already in CVS. So if you get one of the recent updates it's there. The new TV guide will be added soon.

Nightmare77

Portal Pro
    July 5, 2005
    Canberra
    Home Country
    Damn raven this is the sweetest skin so far, it looks really nice and i love the fact its widescreen, there was only a few minor things that needed tweaking on the version i have but one of them is the tv guide and you have sorted that out, well done dude, can't wait for that cvs that has the update in it :), keep it up

mofux

Portal Designer
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 27, 2006
    Dresden, Germany
    when i see all this raven, i'm sure that you are one of the best skinners arround here, maybe the best one to do gfx. i really like the own style you gave to that skin. i think i've never seen another skin that is so good to the eyes as everything is worked out very smooth.

btw, i finished weatheroverlay, so if you have any interest in it, get me at irc

respect to you!

Users who are viewing this thread