[solved] SlimTV Extended Unable to watch TV (1 Viewer)

kilik360

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 3, 2010
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    I got the error There is no player registered to play media item 'stream3.0'

All my musics and videos play fine

I Installed the last July build.

thanks.

kilik360

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 3, 2010
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    Yep, fresh system with MP1 to. I'll check for VC redistribuables this evening and post back.

morpheus_xx

Retired Team Member
  • Team MediaPortal
  • March 24, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Please also check playback of a .ts file from hard disk, because TsReader.ax is used for this also. The NullReferenceException happens if this filter could not be loaded, either because itself is missing or a dependency. Only reference of this filter is the VC redist (I think 2010).

kilik360

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 3, 2010
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    I've try installing VC 2005/2008/2010/2013 and it changes nothing. Reinstall MP2 after VC Red. and nothing...

I got the same error from other .ts files from Hard Disk.

Thanks for your investigation

kilik360

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 3, 2010
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    I manage to get it working with Windows Update. It installed update for VC redistributable 2010, And the TV begins to work after that. It means that the official VC resistributable 2010 do not suffice, we need to run windows update after to get VC update.

No more '' There is no player registered to play media item 'stream3.0' ''

thanks morpheus_xx

Eaglehawk

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 12, 2015
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    Hello all.

I'm getting this same error message with MP2 Summer Update 2015 Update 1. I've installed Server/client on one PC and everything is working fine.

On the second PC, I install client, and it works straight after it. However after 24 hours, it stops working. I have installed/uninstalled VC2010 x86 to try and work out how to get it working again to no avail.

Both PCs are on Windows 10 Pro.

I thought it was the firewall on the server/client PC, but disabling that doesn't fix anything either.

Error message http://www.eaglehawk.com.au/images/NoPlayer.PNG

From the client.log file:

[2015-09-21 17:35:09,136] [32691 ] [Thread9 ] [WARN ] - SlimTvPlayerBuilder: Error playing media item 'Resource '{04affa6c-ea42-4bd3-aa6f-c16dcef1d693}://0|rtsp://Bob:554/stream3.0' at system '2e44a150-9c0d-4764-9178-ec6e319cddfc'
    System.Runtime.InteropServices.COMException (0x80004005): Unspecified error

at DirectShow.Helper.HRESULT.Throw()
    at MediaPortal.UI.Players.Video.TsVideoPlayer.AddSourceFilter()
    at MediaPortal.UI.Players.Video.BaseDXPlayer.SetMediaItem(IResourceLocator locator, String mediaItemTitle)

Update: I found a Windows Update that seems to correspond to the time it stopped working:

Security Update for Microsoft Visual C++ 2010 Redistributable Package (KB2467173)

Uninstalling it didn't fix anything though.

Update 2:

In the SetupTV.exe config, under streaming server, set the IP address from "Auto" to the IP address of the server. All working.

Posted so that if anyone else has the issue...you don't get the "Noooo, don't post it's working and have no solution!!!".

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread