[solved] SlimTV Extended Unable to watch TV (1 Viewer)

kilik360

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 3, 2010
    Canada Canada
    Country flag
    I got the error There is no player registered to play media item 'stream3.0'

All my musics and videos play fine

I Installed the last July build.

thanks.

kilik360

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 3, 2010
    Canada Canada
    Country flag
    Yep, fresh system with MP1 to. I'll check for VC redistribuables this evening and post back.

morpheus_xx

Lead Dev MP2
  • Team MediaPortal
  • March 24, 2007
    Germany Germany
    Country flag
    Please also check playback of a .ts file from hard disk, because TsReader.ax is used for this also. The NullReferenceException happens if this filter could not be loaded, either because itself is missing or a dependency. Only reference of this filter is the VC redist (I think 2010).

kilik360

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 3, 2010
    Canada Canada
    Country flag
    I've try installing VC 2005/2008/2010/2013 and it changes nothing. Reinstall MP2 after VC Red. and nothing...

I got the same error from other .ts files from Hard Disk.

Thanks for your investigation

kilik360

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 3, 2010
    Canada Canada
    Country flag
    I manage to get it working with Windows Update. It installed update for VC redistributable 2010, And the TV begins to work after that. It means that the official VC resistributable 2010 do not suffice, we need to run windows update after to get VC update.

No more '' There is no player registered to play media item 'stream3.0' ''

thanks morpheus_xx

Eaglehawk

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 12, 2015
    Australia Australia
    Hello all.

I'm getting this same error message with MP2 Summer Update 2015 Update 1. I've installed Server/client on one PC and everything is working fine.

On the second PC, I install client, and it works straight after it. However after 24 hours, it stops working. I have installed/uninstalled VC2010 x86 to try and work out how to get it working again to no avail.

Both PCs are on Windows 10 Pro.

I thought it was the firewall on the server/client PC, but disabling that doesn't fix anything either.

Error message http://www.eaglehawk.com.au/images/NoPlayer.PNG

From the client.log file:

[2015-09-21 17:35:09,136] [32691 ] [Thread9 ] [WARN ] - SlimTvPlayerBuilder: Error playing media item 'Resource '{04affa6c-ea42-4bd3-aa6f-c16dcef1d693}://0|rtsp://Bob:554/stream3.0' at system '2e44a150-9c0d-4764-9178-ec6e319cddfc'
    System.Runtime.InteropServices.COMException (0x80004005): Unspecified error

at DirectShow.Helper.HRESULT.Throw()
    at MediaPortal.UI.Players.Video.TsVideoPlayer.AddSourceFilter()
    at MediaPortal.UI.Players.Video.BaseDXPlayer.SetMediaItem(IResourceLocator locator, String mediaItemTitle)

Update: I found a Windows Update that seems to correspond to the time it stopped working:

Security Update for Microsoft Visual C++ 2010 Redistributable Package (KB2467173)

Uninstalling it didn't fix anything though.

Update 2:

In the SetupTV.exe config, under streaming server, set the IP address from "Auto" to the IP address of the server. All working.

Posted so that if anyone else has the issue...you don't get the "Noooo, don't post it's working and have no solution!!!".

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

OP Similar threads Forum Replies Date
    morpheus_xx Interest in a DVBLink / TV Mosaic SlimTV provider? MediaPortal 2 18
    N [Finished] MP2-803 - Delete full series doesn't work when viewing a program in the extended schedule screen MediaPortal 2 12
    H [solved] Dialogbox in Titanium Extended hat keine Zeilenmarkierung Allgemeines Support- und Diskussionsforum 9
    T How to open MP on the extended desktop? Input / Output interfaces 8
    A My HTPC+NAS setup aka extending my single seat system ;) Team Lounge 8
    A Windows 10 MP2 Fresh Install with HDHR Extend General 14
    BlueMax1916 Titanium Extended Theme Screensaver Question Skins and Design 6
    P [solved] MP2 new install, 2 x hdhomerun tuners, client on same PC unable to view TV & recordings Newcomers Forum 8
    R [solved] Unable to delete single recording General 2
    M MP 2.2.3 Unable to play .ts recordings and MediaPortal stops working for TV viewing General 31
    D Unable to install 1.22 on Win 10 Newcomers Forum 9
    H Unable to play stream - again... Television (MyTV frontend and TV-Server) 2
    V Unable to stream : 10 General Support 0
    B Suddenly MP is unable to play anything Watch / Listen Media 6
    M Unable to map virtual sent keys in the input device management General 6
    T [solved] "Unable To Play" (Videos) rears it's head again. Logs not possible... WatchDog error attached!! :( General Support 1
    porky996t Still Unable to play Live or Recorded TV General Support 4
    B Unable to play: Live3-0.ts issue General Support 7
    A Unable to play :stream 3 Television (MyTV frontend and TV-Server) 1
    badboyxx Unable to play BD-Iso watch/edit Videos 7
    Steve.Rayner61 TV "Unable to play" on Client - Working until Win 10 Server upgraded to Version 1803 Television (MyTV frontend and TV-Server) 5
    megahorst Unable to delete unseen recording while TV runs in the background 1.19 11