Slow start / restart of MP2 Server service (1 Viewer)

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    @MrTechno
    Please can you tell Meier how to configure the binding filter that you created. I don't know how to do it.

morpheus_xx

Retired Team Member
  • Team MediaPortal
  • March 24, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany

MrTechno

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 27, 2011
    London
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Typical, you go out for one night and miss the all important support request :)

Like @morpheus_xx said there's a config file in the previous thread. I've attached a similar one here with both IP filtering and IPv6 disabled.

(By way of some background when you enable RAS it creates a virtual NIC which serves as the source of IP communication inside the LAN for VPN clients. When you connect a VPN client RAS assigns a new IP address to that NIC, MP2-Server sees this and binds to it. IP filtering prevents that. It should also be noted this won't 100% solve the locking problem merely reduce it. I've yet to find the root cause of the locking problem but it's on my TODO list).

Attachments

• MediaPortal.Common.Services.ResourceAccess.Settings.ServerSettings.xml
      308 bytes

Meier

Portal Pro
    November 1, 2006
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hello.
    Sorry for my late reply - I was on vacation for some days :)
    Unfortenately the Problem still occurs - even with IP configured and IPv6 disabled :(
    But (one time) the stop was fast - the MP2 Server service was running all the time I was away - the first stop was fast and no error was logged.
    Is it possible that the error happens if a restart / stop is done after the service was just started?

[edit]
    doesn't seem if it depends on a direct restart - removed IP binding and activated IPv6 - waited some time after the service started - error occured

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread