Sort Moving Pictures by Genre? (1 Viewer)

nokmond

Portal Pro
January 25, 2009
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
Hi all, is it possible to sort Moving Pictures by genre?

Basically i want to edit the genre of all my films into kids, hd and dvd then be able to choose a genre in MP.

Possible?? :D

fforde

Community Plugin Dev
June 7, 2007
Texas
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
The next release will have sorting implemented. But sorting by genre does not quite make sense. Most movies are assigned to multiple genres so there is really no way to pick which is the "right" genre to sort by. What I think you are looking for is filtering by genre, but that unfortunately will not be available until the version after next (0.8). Which I would guess is a month or two a way?

explodedk

Portal Pro
December 27, 2008
Copenhagen
Home Country
Denmark Denmark
fforde wouldn't it be posible to have a movie with genre war crime action and then when sort genre : war it shows, but also when sort genre: crime and sort genre: action...

would be neat...

nokmond

Portal Pro
January 25, 2009
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
The next release will have sorting implemented. But sorting by genre does not quite make sense. Most movies are assigned to multiple genres so there is really no way to pick which is the "right" genre to sort by. What I think you are looking for is filtering by genre, but that unfortunately will not be available until the version after next (0.8). Which I would guess is a month or two a way?

I plan to edit the genres into, HD, DVD & kids so it will be easier to navigate. Hopefully that will work !

fforde

Community Plugin Dev
June 7, 2007
Texas
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
fforde wouldn't it be posible to have a movie with genre war crime action and then when sort genre : war it shows, but also when sort genre: crime and sort genre: action...

would be neat...

What you are describing is filtering which will, again, be included in 0.8.

Would you click Sort title: Back to the future? Of course not that doesn't make sense. So what would you expect to happen when you click sort ganre: action? List only movies in the action genre? Not a bad suggestion, but, again, filtering, not sorting.

Users who are viewing this thread