Spinning DVD for own movies? (1 Viewer)

tony3ridge

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 1, 2012
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Hi,
    Is there anyway of creating the spinning dvd for your own home movies?, I was thinking something like the mepotools/DVD art plugin that makes a DVD label of fanart
    Sorry if I have posted in the wrong place ;)
    Regards

JimCatMP

Documentation Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • April 1, 2010
    Leeds
    Home Country
    Depends on the skin your using, if it already has a spinning DVD animation, then your challenge is to work out where the image comes from and how to make it available.

Or you could it to always add function to existing skin - PureVision HD has spinning excellent CD code as I recall - that slides and rotates CD from cover on play - via a simple Theme [great way to tinker with skin and NOT break anything we can't fix by removing/renaming files].

Cheers - JCMP

tony3ridge

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 1, 2012
    Home Country
    Depends on the skin your using, if it already has a spinning DVD animation, then your challenge is to work out where the image comes from and how to make it available.

Or you could it to always add function to existing skin - PureVision HD has spinning excellent CD code as I recall - that slides and rotates CD from cover on play - via a simple Theme [great way to tinker with skin and NOT break anything we can't fix by removing/renaming files].

Cheers - JCMP
    Many thanks for the quick reply, I am using avallanche addict, that skin does have the spinning DVD, I have taken a look at the XML, but don't really know enough about it

JimCatMP

Documentation Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • April 1, 2010
    Leeds
    Home Country
    Does take some looking at [looked for long long time before I started to tinker]. I'll take another look at Avallanche [stole a bit of it to modifiy Weather Layout and was basis for my analogue clock in local Titan Theme] and try and point you towards right bit, but may take a while - work is really chaos at them moment and getting between me and anything useful:censored:

TTFN - JCMP

catavolt

Design Group Manager
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 13, 2007
    Königstein (Taunus)
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi,
    Is there anyway of creating the spinning dvd for your own home movies?, I was thinking something like the mepotools/DVD art plugin that makes a DVD label of fanart
    Regards
    Just use PureVisionHD, it does exactly that (using the thumb of the video as overlay for the spinning disc if no DVDArt data available ;)

tony3ridge

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 1, 2012
    Home Country
    Hi,
    Regards
    Just use PureVisionHD, it does exactly that (using the thumb of the video as overlay for the spinning disc if no DVDArt data available ;)
    I really like some elements of purehd skin, however I prefer to use avallanche addict, so that's not my preferred option

sweborn

Extension Designer
    June 8, 2007
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden

Cheers - JCMP
    Many thanks for the quick reply, I am using avallanche addict, that skin does have the spinning DVD, I have taken a look at the XML, but don't really know enough about it

Do you use MyVideos to view your home videos? If so, add these lines to myvideo.background.default.xml or whatever view you are using
    Code:
    <control>
                <description>Rotating Movie disc</description>
                <type>image</type>
                <id>566</id>
                <posX>780</posX>
                <posY>249</posY>
                <width>370</width>
                <height>370</height>
                <texture mask="cd_mask.png">..\..\..\Thumbs\CDArt\Movies\#(string.trim(#title)).jpg</texture>
                <keepaspectratio>yes</keepaspectratio>
                <visible>[facadeview.list | facadeview.playlist]+Control.IsVisible(50) + string.equals(#Avallanche.hidePoster,no)+!Control.HasFocus(80)+!contol.hasthumb(564)</visible>
                <animation effect="slide" start="-150" end="0" time="2900" delay="1900" tween="back" reversible="false">visible</animation>
                <animation effect="slide" start="0" end="800" time="150" delay="4000" reversible="false">hidden</animation>          
                <animation effect="rotate" delay="0" end="-360" centre="475,258" time="4000" loop="true" condition="true">Conditional</animation>                      
                <animation effect="fade" start="100" end="0" time="0">WindowClose</animation>
                <animation effect="fade" start="100" end="0" time="0" condition="control.IsVisible(900)">conditional</animation>
                <animation effect="fade" start="100" end="0" time="0" condition="Control.IsVisible(51)">conditional</animation>             
       </control>

Copy your CD-labels to C:\ProgramData\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\thumbs\CDArt\Movies and name them as your homevideos. They have to be in jpg format or change it in code.
    Let me know if you got any problems

Last edited:

tony3ridge

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 1, 2012
    Home Country

Cheers - JCMP

Do you use MyVideos to view your home videos? If so, add these lines to myvideo.background.default.xml or whatever view you are using
    Code:
    <control>
                <description>Rotating Movie disc</description>
                <type>image</type>
                <id>564</id>
                <posX>780</posX>
                <posY>249</posY>
                <width>370</width>
                <height>370</height>
                <texture mask="cd_mask.png">..\..\..\Thumbs\CDArt\Movies\#(string.trim(#title)).jpg</texture>
                <keepaspectratio>yes</keepaspectratio>
                <visible>[facadeview.list | facadeview.playlist]+Control.IsVisible(50) + string.equals(#Avallanche.hidePoster,no)+!Control.HasFocus(80)+!contol.hasthumb(564)</visible>
                <animation effect="slide" start="-150" end="0" time="2900" delay="1900" tween="back" reversible="false">visible</animation>
                <animation effect="slide" start="0" end="800" time="150" delay="4000" reversible="false">hidden</animation>        
                <animation effect="rotate" delay="0" end="-360" centre="475,258" time="4000" loop="true" condition="true">Conditional</animation>                    
                <animation effect="fade" start="100" end="0" time="0">WindowClose</animation>
                <animation effect="fade" start="100" end="0" time="0" condition="control.IsVisible(900)">conditional</animation>
                <animation effect="fade" start="100" end="0" time="0" condition="Control.IsVisible(51)">conditional</animation>           
       </control>

Copy your CD-labels to C:\ProgramData\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\thumbs\CDArt\Movies and name them as your homevideos. They have to be in jpg format or change it in code.
    Let me know if you got any problems
    Many thanks @sweborn, I will try the code when I get some free time (y)

Users who are viewing this thread