Stream to Roku? (1 Viewer)

digitlman

Portal Member
June 22, 2011
I've searched for the answer so apologies if this is covered elsewhere.

Can MP stream tv to a Roku? I have a Roku SD.

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Hi digitlman

Yeah, my guess would be "no". A quick search of the Roku forums suggests that the device doesn't currently support receiving RTSP streams. If it can't receive RTSP streams then it can't receive TV from TV Server. Like I said, I only did a *very* quick search, so I could easily be wrong... and I wouldn't mind being wrong in this case. ;)

mm

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Awesome! :)
    Do let us know how you get on.

RobNCD

Portal Member
    June 27, 2011
    I think you will like it. The PlayOn program and the Local Files plugin, allows you to stream all your local media and by adding several other plugins(most are free and painless to install) it makes the Roku a truly enjoyable device. Really isnt much that cant be done.... I use it for Live TV streams, live web streams and it can act as a device to play all your stored recordings from MediaPortal. Let me know what you think.

Users who are viewing this thread

Similar threads

Thank you! I guess I was overthinking it.
    Thank you! I guess I was overthinking it.
    This is apparently such a low level question that it's not even documented that I can find - I apologize in advance for this: I...
    Replies
    Views
    If the files are accessible on your network, which I guess they must be if PowerDVD can play them then you should be able to find them in MP2. See here for further info. Quote:- MP2 uses the concept of distributed media, but centralized information. This means that your media items can be anywhere - on your MP2 Server, on your MP2...
    If the files are accessible on your network, which I guess they must be if PowerDVD can play them then you should be able to find...
    I started experimenting with tuner cards and HTPC before Jack Valenti and his DRM-media Nazis ruined things with their HDCP and DRM...
    Replies
    Views
    I've setup my HDHomeRun in MP1 as (4) IPTV cards rather than Atsc. I can see the (4) Atsc cards, but just have them disabled. I did it this way so I didn't have to edit the channel names every time tested a new TV-server install. Anyway, it works. I don't know if this would get you past the BDA driver issue. I'll provide more...
    I've setup my HDHomeRun in MP1 as (4) IPTV cards rather than Atsc. I can see the (4) Atsc cards, but just have them disabled. I...
    I am brand new to MediaPortal. I have installed MP 2.4.1 on Windows 10. It is a fresh install and fully up to date. I have an...
    Replies
    Views
    Nice you could resolve the issue!
    Nice you could resolve the issue!
    I have MediaPortal 2.5 Server installed on one computer and Mediaportal 2.5 client on another. The client is connected to the...
    Replies
    Views
    Didn't know computers are available in Canada's jails... :p
    Didn't know computers are available in Canada's jails... :p
    Hi folks, basically I have this m3u list with links I am trying to scan with the TV configuration tool but all the channels even...
    Replies
    Views
    Top Bottom