Streamed MP Beta v0.9.601 [02 Sep 2009] [Supports MP 1.1.0 Beta] (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

asagala

Portal Pro
December 13, 2008
Montreal
Home Country
Canada Canada
I am having issues with my basic home in streamedmp going all black. I see the background image and everythgin else but the menus are not appearing... Anyone have a clue?

Recreated the home screen and it fixed it.

Ingram

Portal Pro
December 9, 2008
Home Country
There is still a problem with the "paused" writing being off the screen in the middle, and the remaining time being displayed twice. Fixed while playing if you minimize the video within media portal and make it full screen again. Using 1.1 beta and latest skin, on Vista. Had this problem with 1.0.2 and previous streamed MP too, but it only seems to happen on Vista install.
Never a problem here in XP,VISTA and WIN7. Using combination's of 1280x720 or 1920x1080. Do you adjust the screen in anyway either from windows or mediaportal? I think that may be the problem, Im aware users are experiencing this issue but if I cant reproduce I cant fix.

Also quote frequently the basic home screen will have the writing way out of alignment, nearly sitting in the middle of the screen. This rarely happened before.
Are you sure your not referring to the Standard Home screen? This has the menu in the middle, maybe you accidentally switched to it.

I'm running at 1280x720 on my Ati 3200HD, using the driver's scaling option to compenstate for overscan. I'm 95% sure this still happened when I was running without scaling turned on, and under 1360x768 resolution. It only happens to me on Vista.

Having the UI position/size at default or not doesn't make a difference, the "Paused" writing is always off the screen by about 50%. Also when the "Paused" writing is off the screen, the plot details is shown as only one, static line, only displaying the first 14-15 words of the plot. As I said, it's instantly fixed by minimizing from fullscreen, back to fullscreen playback within media portal.

The time remaining displaying twice, together, only happens in Vista for me too. IE: time remaining will be 4:53, but it will display as: "4:534:53". This is a random thing, not directly tied to the "Paused" issue.

In regards to the menu, I'm referring to the basic home menu, not the other menu you see after going into the config and exiting. It *Might* have something to do with the fact that I go for the minimalistic approach, setting the width to be 235 pixels, and changing all the wording to be as short and concise as possible so as to not take up too much space. I'm looking at it right now broken, and the text is about 10-20 pixels overlapping the far right edge of the black menu bar, with the rest of the writing sitting over the background wallpaper, nearly in the middle of the screen.

I shall take some pictures and add them to this post. I know how hard it is to try and understand all this stuff I'm saying without actually being able to see it :p

EDIT: Here's Pictures:

"Paused" off screen, plot details missing:

Image2-4.jpg

Minimiz while playing:

Image3-5.jpg

Return back to fullscreen, problem fixed.

Image4-3.jpg

----

Another niggle I encountered while taking pictures:

Image5-5.jpg

---

Basic Home menu displayed as intended:

Image8-3.jpg

Seemingly random occurance where it isn't lined up correctly:

Image6-5.jpg

Hope these help.

yhoogi

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 9, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Problem with Zoomplayer usage

Enabled Zoomplayer as external player for playback of videos and DVD's.

Unfortunately while returning from zp to mp at end of playback the skin goes black, although controls are still working.

Can anybody confirm this behaviour?

Thanks,

ltfearme

Community Plugin Dev
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 10, 2007
    Sydney
    Home Country
    Australia Australia

Unfortunately while returning from zp to mp at end of playback the skin goes black, although controls are still working.

Thanks,

Are, you using MP-TVSeries to playback? Because this is a known issue, and not skin related. It has been fixed in MP-TVseries for the next release.

Issue 264 - mptvseries - Fullscreen Video does not exit after playback stopped in External Player in MP 1.1.0 Beta - Project Hosting on Google Code

dir

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 30, 2006
    Home Country
    Afghanistan Afghanistan
    Just a "mee too" for the problems with the Pause being cut off and the menu words occasionally appearing half-way across the screen. Actually, for me, it's not that the Pause is cut off, it's that the time shown below the progress bar is cut off. So when you skip forward 30 seconds, the next indicating "30 Seconds" is cut almost off the screen. I'd assume it's the same problem as the half-shown "Pause" problem.

I'm running Vista on a TV with the graphics card set to a resolution of 1024x568. It's essentially 16:9 for 1024. Everything normally displays fine on previous versions, although I would also get the menu words missing because the font was probably not small enough; a long time ago I used to modify the screen file, but now I just keep the menu names a bit short "Watch Movies", "Play Games", "Watch TV", etc.

For this new installation, it's a clean version of Vista, SAF codec pack, MP 1.1.0Beta (the newer version), and the Streamed MP Beta v0.9.600 (not this new one, which I'll try in a second). The graphic card's an Nvidia 7600 running on the SVGA video out cable. (I know, old technology, but all the fonts are readable on my old widescreen CRT television).

ltfearme

Community Plugin Dev
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 10, 2007
    Sydney
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    Perhaps MediaPortal is having a hard time with the Fonts and Scaling...im really not sure as I have never encountered such issues. Attach a full set of logs [DEBUG] after the issues have occurred.

Please post in a new new thread or even better, raise an issue over at the google code site. I remember people also experiencing this issue with earlier releases.

yhoogi

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 9, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany

Thanks,

Are, you using MP-TVSeries to playback? Because this is a known issue, and not skin related. It has been fixed in MP-TVseries for the next release.

Issue 264 - mptvseries - Fullscreen Video does not exit after playback stopped in External Player in MP 1.1.0 Beta - Project Hosting on Google Code

Yes it was in MP-TVSeries.

Thanks for the info,

ltfearme

Community Plugin Dev
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 10, 2007
    Sydney
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    Would it be a big or unwanted task to give options for setting the folders of movingpictures and mytv-series during installation? Not important for me personally, but i think it would be a good userfriendly solution for n00bs...
    I would rather stay away from plugin configuration and just stick to skin to configuration.

Could raise that in our Issue Tracker please.

AgeOfPanic

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 9, 2008
    Milwaukee, WI
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Great skin guys. Together with the MovingPictures and TV series, you guys make MP for me.
    I have a small request for the music section. I've been looking for a good place to download artist pictures for my music. For now I'm using the automatic download feature in the Now Playing section. I think the source is last.fm. These pictures are very often not square (500x500), but for instance 200x500. When I scroll through the artist list, this AR is displayed correctly. However, in the Now Playing section or in the small Music bar in for instance the Basic Home the picture is stretched out to be square. Would it be possible to also keep the correct AR in these features?
    Oh and maybe you can also tell me how to get rid of the small equalizer in the Now Playing section.

Edit: actually, when I select None under VUmeter at the Now Playing tab in Configuration, I still see a VUmeter. I think it's the standard one from MediaPortal. I removed the VU meter section from the MyMusicPlayingNowLedVu.xml file and selected the LED VU meter in the configuration. Now I don't have a VU meter in Now Playing. Maybe something to look into for the skinners. For me selecting None should mean no VU meter, not the standard one.
    Anyway, for me now only the question about the AR of the artist pictures is open.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom