StreamedMP Translation Help Please (2 Viewers)

Hemin

Portal Pro
December 29, 2006
Home Country
Spain Spain
In catalan trailer=trailer, so no modifications required.
It's possible to put the strings text in the basic home on the xml language file? (common plugins, TV, pictures, etc.). Every time I uninstall and install the streamed skin, i've to modify the plugin names in the config.

trevor

Portal Pro
October 17, 2006
Chelmsford
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
In catalan trailer=trailer, so no modifications required.
It's possible to put the strings text in the basic home on the xml language file? (common plugins, TV, pictures, etc.). Every time I uninstall and install the streamed skin, i've to modify the plugin names in the config.

You should not need to do that, your usermenuprofile.xml holds all the information and is not deleted so all you should need to do is start the editor and generate your basichome again. This is automatic for patches (unless you have manually modified your basichome) and will need to double check the upgrade.

If you do a complete remove/rebuild then save a copy of usermenuprofile.xml (here on vista and win7 C:\ProgramData\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal) and copy back and regenerate.

thx

ScRePt

Portal Pro
August 2, 2010
Athens
Home Country
Greece Greece
Greek translation.

One thing I noticed is this:
I copied the new xml in the proper language folder to test the new translation.
Everything was ok. I chose to update to the latest patch from within MP, and after the restart I got this exception:

System.IO.IOException: Ο κατάλογος δεν είναι κενός. (Directory is not empty)

σε System.IO.Directory.DeleteHelper(String fullPath, String userPath, Boolean recursive)
σε System.IO.Directory.Delete(String fullPath, String userPath, Boolean recursive)
σε SMPpatch.SMPpatch.exitAndCleanup()
σε SMPpatch.SMPpatch.SMPpatch_Load(Object sender, EventArgs e)
σε System.Windows.Forms.Form.OnLoad(EventArgs e)
σε System.Windows.Forms.Form.OnCreateControl()
σε System.Windows.Forms.Control.CreateControl(Boolean fIgnoreVisible)
σε System.Windows.Forms.Control.CreateControl()
σε System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmShowWindow(Message& m)
σε System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
σε System.Windows.Forms.ScrollableControl.WndProc(Message& m)
σε System.Windows.Forms.ContainerControl.WndProc(Message& m)
σε System.Windows.Forms.Form.WmShowWindow(Message& m)
σε System.Windows.Forms.Form.WndProc(Message& m)
σε System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
σε System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
σε System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

My guess is that it tried to delete the languages folder and my xml was left in there alone since it was not in the initial installation. I am not sure whether this is a bug or not :p New language translators should be able to test the upgrade functionality right?

My second question is: After the crash I terminated the installer and splashscreen processes. Did my upgrade succeed????

Attachments

• el.xml
    8.5 KB

ltfearme

Community Plugin Dev
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 10, 2007
    Sydney
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    One thing I noticed is this:
    I copied the new xml in the proper language folder to test the new translation.
    Everything was ok. I chose to update to the latest patch from within MP, and after the restart I got this exception:

System.IO.IOException: Ο κατάλογος δεν είναι κενός. (Directory is not empty)

σε System.IO.Directory.DeleteHelper(String fullPath, String userPath, Boolean recursive)
    σε System.IO.Directory.Delete(String fullPath, String userPath, Boolean recursive)
    σε SMPpatch.SMPpatch.exitAndCleanup()
    σε SMPpatch.SMPpatch.SMPpatch_Load(Object sender, EventArgs e)
    σε System.Windows.Forms.Form.OnLoad(EventArgs e)
    σε System.Windows.Forms.Form.OnCreateControl()
    σε System.Windows.Forms.Control.CreateControl(Boolean fIgnoreVisible)
    σε System.Windows.Forms.Control.CreateControl()
    σε System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmShowWindow(Message& m)
    σε System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
    σε System.Windows.Forms.ScrollableControl.WndProc(Message& m)
    σε System.Windows.Forms.ContainerControl.WndProc(Message& m)
    σε System.Windows.Forms.Form.WmShowWindow(Message& m)
    σε System.Windows.Forms.Form.WndProc(Message& m)
    σε System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
    σε System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
    σε System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

My guess is that it tried to delete the languages folder and my xml was left in there alone since it was not in the initial installation. I am not sure whether this is a bug or not :p
    Will investigate, seems to have problem on your system at deleting the temp directory where the files for patch were extracted.

New language translators should be able to test the upgrade functionality right?
    Of course ;)

My second question is: After the crash I terminated the installer and splashscreen processes. Did my upgrade succeed????

Yes, very likely otherwise you will be prompted for another update. the crash you saw was right at the end where it cleans itself up.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom