Support for 4TR beta version? (1 Viewer)

glenn 1990

Portal Pro
July 1, 2010
Home Country
Belgium Belgium
Cheers Glenn - I thought that would be the case as makes sense to have all the settings in one place.

How close to a final 1.6.1 release are you? I need to add all these file to the SMP svn and make the changes to settings etc

thanks

The final 1.6.1 release is still some months to go.

Maybe I can add a (visibility) string to beta 6 , not the best solution but it works.
example: <visible>string.equals(#TV.Settings.4TRSettingsEnabled,true)</visible>

trevor

Portal Pro
October 17, 2006
Chelmsford
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
Thanks Glenn, I was also hoping an actual release was closer.

What might be an option is to create a version property #TV.4TR.Version and skinners can than add/display the new features based release version

thx

glenn 1990

Portal Pro
July 1, 2010
Home Country
Belgium Belgium

What might be an option is to create a version property #TV.4TR.Version and skinners can than add/display the new features based release version

thx

I've done that,it's in beta6.
Code:
<visible>string.equals(#TV.4TR.Version,1.7.0)</visible>

There are still some small skin issues:
-header labels are not the translated, you can use #TV.Settings.ChannelManagerName,#TV.Settings.4TRClientSettingsName and #TV.Settings.4TRServerSettingsName for that.
-Info text in channel manager is unreadable small.
-Some navigation issues in the client settings window when switching from the right to the left collumn.
-The previous manual schedule window looked much nicer (it had a hidden menu).

ltfearme

Community Plugin Dev
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 10, 2007
    Sydney
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    Hi glenn 1900, I think your original proposal of a skin property which lets skinners determine if a particular feature is available might be the better solution than a version property.

With a version property, if you increment that to 1.8.0 for your next version, then this will prevent the settings button from being shown in skin without skin changes.

trevor

Portal Pro
    October 17, 2006
    Chelmsford
    Home Country
    Please find attached the latest skin files for 4TR beta 6.

Changes:

Added header labels are not the translations
    Fixed info text size
    Fixed navigation issues in client settings
    Tweaked manual schedual screen
    Included settings_tv.xml modified to show 4TR settings in 4TR plugin is enabled (no version checking)

Thx to Glenn for pointing out most of the above.

Thanks

Attachments

• SMP-4TR1.6.1beta6-Skin Files 26Mar2012.zip
      45.5 KB

trevor

Portal Pro
    October 17, 2006
    Chelmsford
    Home Country

thx

I've done that,it's in beta6.
    Code:
    <visible>string.equals(#TV.4TR.Version,1.7.0)</visible>

There are still some small skin issues:
    -header labels are not the translated, you can use #TV.Settings.ChannelManagerName,#TV.Settings.4TRClientSettingsName and #TV.Settings.4TRServerSettingsName for that.
    -Info text in channel manager is unreadable small.
    -Some navigation issues in the client settings window when switching from the right to the left collumn.
    -The previous manual schedule window looked much nicer (it had a hidden menu).

Glenn,

Just added a new set of files with these points fixed.

I have tweaked the manual schedual screen but kept with a fixed menu currently - that screen is one I am going to keep tweaking for ages I think :)

Thanks for adding the property but I was thinking with the programming head on not the skinning one and as Damien pointed out there may be a few issues using a version number, maybe better to switch back to your original ideaof #TV.Settings.4TRSettingsEnabled.

Though really not sure anything is needed as I will keep this thread upto date and if we have some warning we can produce a patch to coincide with the 4TR release.

Thanks

HomeY

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • February 23, 2008
    ::1
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    After the skin update i'm getting an error on #TV.RecordedTV.Diskinfo.PercentageUsed %:
    Code:
    2012-05-06 12:43:09.776802 [ERROR][MPMain(1)]: ProcessWindows exception:ForTheRecord.Entities.ForTheRecordUnexpectedErrorException: An unexpected error occurred
      at ForTheRecord.ServiceAgents.ServiceAgentBase`1.HandleServiceException(Exception ex, Boolean& retry)
      at ForTheRecord.ServiceAgents.TvControlServiceAgent.GetRecordingDisksInfo()
      at ForTheRecord.UI.MediaPortal.RecordedBase.SetRecordingDiskInfo(Boolean CheckFreeSize)
      at ForTheRecord.UI.MediaPortal.RecordedBase.Process()
      at MediaPortal.GUI.Library.GUIWindowManager.ProcessWindows()

Attachments

• 4TR_Disk_Used.JPG
      4TR_Disk_Used.JPG
      19.5 KB
    Last edited:

HomeY

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • February 23, 2008
    ::1
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    After the skin update i'm getting an error on #TV.RecordedTV.Diskinfo.PercentageUsed %:
    OK, figured out what went wrong. Just incase someone else with a Digital Devices tuner runs into the same problem:

After upgrading my Digital Devices Tuner driver i disabled 4 tuners on driver side. Somehow the MediaCenter Tuners weren't unchecked in TV Server config, which resulted in 2 new timeshift & 2 new recording paths. But since those paths were empty (not set)....

Unchecked those 2 tuners in TV Server config -> restarted TVService and all is good again (y)

Users who are viewing this thread