Support for .nfo files (2 Viewers)

ajs

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • February 29, 2008
    Kyiv
    Home Country
    Ukraine Ukraine
    And the tvshow.nfo ajs posted is not correct, in fact it is no valid .nfo at all.
    Completely correct, and is supported by the same Kodi. However, this file does not give the information he provides a link to the show.

Lehmden

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 17, 2010
    Lehmden
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi.
    OK, maybe Kodi can use this (this is new was not available some month ago), but nevertheless it is no valid .nfo as it contains no XML and also no metadata. Up to now no other program/plugin is able to use it. It is more or less comparable to the imdbid.txt file usable in MovingPictures that helps identifying the movie but also gives no information. The same could be achieved by adding the TVDB-ID to the series folder name (or the IMDB-ID to the movie video name) without any extra files...

ajs

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • February 29, 2008
    Kyiv
    Home Country
    Ukraine Ukraine
    OK, maybe Kodi can use this (this is new was not available some month ago)
    This file is available for a long time. I paged such NFO from media portal to Kodi clearly defined series. And I use it at least 4 years.
    but nevertheless it is no valid .nfo as it contains no XML and also no metadata.
    Why not? It is just a file, and this file is correct, can check a program that works with it. Kodi knows 2 types of NFO files. Contain information and containing the link. Those. both formats are correct. Plug-in series, does not support not alone of them.
    Look: https://code.google.com/p/mptvserie...Status Priority Stars Milestone Owner Summary

ajs

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • February 29, 2008
    Kyiv
    Home Country
    Ukraine Ukraine
    Try to pull info from TVDB for series "Navy CIS: L.A." and you never will get any result, no matter how you write the folder
    Why not? Result for: NCIS Los Angeles - IMDB: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1378167/ TVDB: http://thetvdb.com/?tab=series&id=95441
    Code:
    <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" ?>
    <Data>
    <Series>
    <seriesid>95441</seriesid>
    <language>en</language>
    <SeriesName>NCIS: Los Angeles</SeriesName>
    <banner>graphical/95441-g9.jpg</banner>
    <Overview>NCIS: Los Angeles is a drama about the high stakes world of undercover surveillance at the Office of Special Projects (OSP), a division of NCIS that is charged with apprehending dangerous and elusive criminals that pose a threat to the nation's security, specifically Naval and Marine assets and personnel.</Overview>
    <FirstAired>2009-09-22</FirstAired>
    <Network>CBS</Network>
    <IMDB_ID>tt1378167</IMDB_ID>
    <zap2it_id>EP01158361</zap2it_id>
    <id>95441</id>
    </Series>
    </Data>
    Example filename:
    \Navy CIS L.A.\NCIS Los Angeles.S01E01.Identity.mkv :whistle::coffee:

RoChess

Extension Developer
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 10, 2006

Lehmden

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 17, 2010
    Lehmden
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi.
    It is more than a year ago since I last time have used TVSeries. But at this time "NCIS: Los Angeles" also don't work because of the ":" that can not be in a Windows path (excerpt for the dive letter of course) and without : the series never was found. Replacing with _ also didn't help... Maybe something has changed in TVSeries or TVDB since then so it is working now, I don't know. But last time I've used TVSeries this never worked and I had to add this series by hand...

But even if it now is working, this is no argument "against" .nfo support at all. The only "real" argument against is "not enough Dev (time)" as .nfo support is very useful for all users that wants it and did not disturb any user who don't want it. As told, TVSeries is the one and only plugin/program of this kind that did not have .nfo support. And as all others (MP2, Kodi, Plex, Emby,... and even MyVideos or Moving Pictures for MP1) are having it, it must be useful in some way...

ajs

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • February 29, 2008
    Kyiv
    Home Country
    Ukraine Ukraine
    But at this time "NCIS: Los Angeles" also don't work because of the ":" that can not be in a Windows path
    NCIS Los Angeles - works perfect :)

Users who are viewing this thread