Support for .nfo files (1 Viewer)

ajs

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • February 29, 2008
    Kyiv
    Home Country
    Ukraine Ukraine
    Maybe in meantime, but last time I've used TVSeries it didn't work...
    Well I do not know. I messed up 2 or 3 season when he went out. Import was excellent. But MP2 able to import only the third part of my series collection. And then with reservations.

Lehmden

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 17, 2010
    Lehmden
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    The last full Import in MP2 has found 100% of my 20.000++ series episodes without any interaction during import. Not a single failure. All 20.000++ episodes are imported perfect. And so did the previous imports too. And the naming of series folder or even episodes videos did not matter at all for a perfect import result. This is the benefit of using metatags and/or .nfo files...

Metatags is something we haven'd talked about here at all as video metatags still are not that widely used today and they are available for some containers only. MKV is leading here (as to be expected), but e.g. MP4 and some other container also supports metatags. For Audio files ID3 tags are standard and used by nearly every program. But for videos this still is something "bizarre", also it should be a basic thing imho... MP2 can use metatags for videos exact the same way you know it from audio...

azzuro

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • May 10, 2007
    France - IDF
    Home Country
    France France
    i think i have the same setting than @Lehmden
    upload_2016-1-18_19-44-20.png

Attachments

• tvshow.zip
      1.3 KB

RoChess

Extension Developer
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 10, 2006

ajs

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • February 29, 2008
    Kyiv
    Home Country
    Ukraine Ukraine
    And the naming of series folder or even episodes videos did not matter at all for a perfect import result.
    Here as well. But I have a series that you do not have. And without renaming or AutoCorrect they just are not imported.
    MP2 can use metatags for videos exact the same way you know it from audio...
    Over the weekend, I tried to put it to yourself. I look forward to when he approaches the convenience, functionality and appearance to the MP1, then I put it to my HTPC. While it is bad to use in real life.
    This is the benefit of using metatags and/or .nfo files...
    No one I know of a tracker does not give files with metadata and NFO. Until this change, this can be neglected.

Lehmden

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 17, 2010
    Lehmden
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi.
    I look forward to when he approaches the convenience, functionality and appearance to the MP1
    This hopefully never will happen. MP1 is way too complicated to setup, it's using way to much resources and the core functionality is limited too much. Lot of external plugins needed for basic functions (fanart, series, weather,...), some functions technically can not even be implemented at all (picture in picture,...) and a "real" centralized database for all media also is not possible...

But I have a series that you do not have. And without renaming or AutoCorrect they just are not imported.
    I guarantee 100% I can import them into MP2 without renaming or AutoCorrect... As long as the series did exist on TVDB I can import it without any issue...

No one I know of a tracker does not give files with metadata and NFO. Until this change, this can be neglected.
    Sorry, this I do not understand. Do not get what you want to say...

ajs

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • February 29, 2008
    Kyiv
    Home Country
    Ukraine Ukraine
    I guarantee 100% I can import them into MP2 without renaming or AutoCorrect...
    Why, then, MP2 I was able to only 30% of imported series? (try import - "...\Series\Физрук - Fizruk\Fizruk-2.2014.SATRip\Fizruk-2.Seriya.01.SATRip.avi"
    Sorry, this I do not understand. Do not get what you want to say...
    NFO and metadata must be added by hand.
    This hopefully never will happen
    Too bad, I was hoping that MP2 can bring to the level of MP1.
    MP1 is way too complicated to setup
    I was not able to adjust to MP2, he worked for me. But MP1 works fine immediately after installation.
    it's using way to much resources and the core functionality is limited too much
    It consumes more resources, but is faster and the interface is more beautiful. MP2 gnarly.
    Lot of external plugins needed for basic functions
    I do not see anything wrong with that, there are people who do not enjoy this.
    some functions technically can not even be implemented at all (picture in picture,...)
    Once this is done in MP2, it can be done in MP1.
    and a "real" centralized database for all media also is not possible...
    This is generally not a problem, half MP1, already supports MySQL, but it is much more convenient than a decision made in MP2. If using MySQL you can make the synchronization MP and Kodi.

PS: All that is done in MP2 can be easily done in the MP 1 and vice versa. It's just a bunch of source code. :D:whistle::coffee:

morpheus_xx

Retired Team Member
  • Team MediaPortal
  • March 24, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Why, then, MP2 I was able to only 30% of imported series? (try import - "...\Series\Физрук - Fizruk\Fizruk-2.2014.SATRip\Fizruk-2.Seriya.01.SATRip.avi"
    I didn't read a bug report or feature request about this. How should it be handled if it is not reported?

Can you please confirm my guess about the filename/path:
    • Series name: Fizruk
    • Season number: 2
    • Episode number: 1
    The cyrillic title should be no issue, but the 2nd path part is probably a problem, while "Fizruk \ Season 02\ 01.SATRip.avi" or "Fizruk\S02E01.SATRip.avi" might work out of the box

ajs

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • February 29, 2008
    Kyiv
    Home Country
    Ukraine Ukraine
    I didn't read a bug report or feature request about this. How should it be handled if it is not reported?
    Nothing. This is one of the worst choices. But at me this weekend even Fargo imported incompletely. But since I put MP2 specifically to see what has changed in him since the summer. I realized that for me it is still not fit for use. Nothing en reported.
    Series name: Fizruk
    Физрук
    • Season number: 2
    • Episode number: 1
    Yes
    The cyrillic title should be no issue, but the 2nd path part is probably a problem, while "Fizruk \ Season 02\ 01.SATRip.avi" or "Fizruk\S02E01.SATRip.avi" might work out of the box
    This series should be loaded parts, one lot per day. Should be loaded automatically. Rename it, and no one there is no desire. Plugin serials imports it perfectly.

@Lehmden @morpheus_xx
    5 thin HTPC & 1 NAS (Linux, MySQL, All media files) - How to install 2 MP? MP1 and Kodi work perfectly.

morpheus_xx

Retired Team Member
  • Team MediaPortal
  • March 24, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Plugin serials imports it perfectly.
    Ok, than we can make it shorter: can you please post the regex that matches this pattern, I can simply add it to SeriesMDE.

5 thin HTPC & 1 NAS (Linux, MySQL, All media files) - How to install 2 MP?
    This would be a good question to post in an own discussion thread :)

Users who are viewing this thread