Syncronising tvseries db between clients? (1 Viewer)

disaster123

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 14, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    thanks for all your hard work! Is there still any development syncronising tvseries db between clients?

kiwijunglist

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • June 10, 2008
    New Zealand
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    In the wiki

Backup and Migration

If you want to backup your MP-TVSeries data, or migrate it to a new computer you need to backup/restore the following.
    You might want to add a few lines about migration of your media to a different folder or PC, what is the recommend steps to do this. Does tv series support this. I just moved all my media on to a different PC and I ended up having to delete my database and rescan everything.

ltfearme

Community Plugin Dev
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 10, 2007
    Sydney
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    I can't understand why you would of needed to delete your database. TVSeries will just detect that it's missing and remove the local file references, all online data will remain. Then it will rescan and pick up new files in new location, depending on number of files it may take a couple minutes to get mediainfo again.

kiwijunglist

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • June 10, 2008
    New Zealand
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    tvseries wasn't picking up my new files and i assumed it was a tvseries related problem, I checked wiki and there was nothing about media location migration, so i deleted database to try rescan. In the end it was a network related problem.

Users who are viewing this thread

Similar threads

I upgraded my Mediaportal PC (Server and Client) to Windows 11 to solve some driver issues as it was new hardware. Then I discovered that my other two Mediaportal Client PCs running Windows 10 would no longer work. I now have them both working and as I could not find any discussions on similar problems, I thought I would just post my...
    I upgraded my Mediaportal PC (Server and Client) to Windows 11 to solve some driver issues as it was new hardware. Then I...
    I upgraded my Mediaportal PC (Server and Client) to Windows 11 to solve some driver issues as it was new hardware. Then I...
    Replies
    Views
    I found this post by accident. I think your issue has nothing to do with HTPC projects and Hardware, so is in the wrong thread. Also you do not mention, if it's related to MP1 or MP2, so nobody can really help. Please move your post to a related problem thread and provide more information.
    I found this post by accident. I think your issue has nothing to do with HTPC projects and Hardware, so is in the wrong thread...
    I have had no issues with this, but today when trying to watch a tv stream on either of my two clients I get the error ‘There is no...
    Replies
    Views
    MP1 MP2 Ordering DE
    Yes, it’s a feature of MP2. There are not many plugins, because most essential things are included by default. The look and feel depends on when you tried last time. Since MP2.3 there is Nereus as new default skin with a different look and feel. But MP2 is not a clone of MP1, so some things will be different.
    Yes, it’s a feature of MP2. There are not many plugins, because most essential things are included by default. The look and feel...
    I know TV-Series can be ordered as "aired", "absolute", "DVD" and "title". This can be set during the scanning and scraping...
    Replies
    Views
    MP1 MP2 TV Logos DE
    Logos are regularly updated fro mthe online resources, I think every 5 or 7 days, if not deactivated in settings. Because the problem cured suddenly itself, it might be related to the auto update event of the logos. Open remains the question, what could trigger the problem. The code between skins is the same, but it happened with...
    Logos are regularly updated fro mthe online resources, I think every 5 or 7 days, if not deactivated in settings. Because the...
    Hi I have a strange problem on one of my clients, when you go to TV some of the last played and favourites are showing a still...
    Replies
    Views
    @Andy_2639 : I regret to say that I don't think that this problem will be fixed. :( As the years pass, the number of active members of the MP team steadily decreases, and as far as I know, there is no one in the current team who knows much about either SQL or TV Server. The problem will remain unfixed until someone who knows SQL...
    @Andy_2639 : I regret to say that I don't think that this problem will be fixed. :( As the years pass, the number of active...
    I updated my MySQL server from 8.0.28 to 8.0.29 and now the tvservice crashes on start. The attached log doesn't give me a clue...
    Replies
    Views
    Top Bottom