The Future of MyFilms? (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Guzzi

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 20, 2007
    AW: Re: The Future of MyFilms?

I am not sure exactly what you mean by 'filling values' with 'unknown' , but if you mean if a field has no data, the plugin enters a value, then I completely disagree. This would disable all visibility conditions on whether or not a field had data. So I hope I misunderstood!

f you mean only the Source field, then that needs further consideration as well, because My Films normally tries to play the file based on the value in Source, so if it has a value 'unknown' then I assume you would get an error message.

Not really true - again it's currently mixed up, what is direct database fields and what MyFilms plugin is doing ;-)
    Sure, MOST of the people use "source" for pointing to the File - but many also used "URL" for that.

So Source from MyFIlms point of view would be:

#myfilms.user.source (mapped to the db-field as configured in myfilms setup, similar to master/secondary title and the item1/2/3)

Sample for visibility conditions coming soon Guzzi :p

Guzzi

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 20, 2007
    AW: Re: AW: Re: AW: Re: The Future of MyFilms?

Not sure, if I understand what you mean with the Ant Selected Enreg.

Maybe I have a little bit special conditions. First, I have two locations so I use two HTPCs.
    One of them has all the movies I got, the other one has a few. I use the same XML so I have to play with 'selected enreg' feature to filter out non-present movies for the second HTPC.
    Well, that should work fine - you just once have to setup two configurations and define the rule what to include in the views -
    e.g. rule that sourfield contains <sharename> - and you should be ready to go.

Second, I don't have NAS, never will. I have a custom made Sata storage with 8 HDDs connected to hot swappable PC cards.
    See attached pic. I store most of my movies on that thing. So that's why I could use a filtered view.

Afaik there is already a predefined view for that (something like harddisk, media, or so, can't check now) - so if you load your DB accordingly this should work.

I could never get this to work. No idea how to...
    ok, according to your description you're trying something else anyway...
    But you know, that you can defines configurations all based on the same Ant-XML-DB in the setup?

Yeah, but it is not good for here. Still much work to update all the times.

How should the plugin know, what movies are currently available or not (without checking each movies's existance on the configured path)?

WITH :)
    I don't know, but in TVSeries it works perfectly. I see no offline series until I switch my satastore on.

Well, TV-Series has filewatchers - something that I personally don't like (and I always disable them).
    But I can talk to Damien and look into the code how it is done - it could be possible to make it by some rules/special views in connection with checks, if the storagepath is available - but this won't come with the next release...

vrm42

Portal Pro
    April 24, 2007
    Home Country
    Hungary Hungary
    Re: AW: Re: AW: Re: AW: Re: The Future of MyFilms?

you just once have to setup two configurations and define the rule what to include in the views

No, no, no. I need only one config per machine. Two configs would work _only_ if I always would have the same movies per location, but actually they are moving around all the times. I only need the plugin to check whether the file is available per moment or not. Trust me :)

I can talk to Damien and look into the code how it is done - it could be possible to make it by some rules/special views in connection with checks, if the storagepath is available - but this won't come with the next release...

This same feature in TVSeries was implemented to my request a couple of months ago, I hope Damien will help you to help me :)
    I can wait, this is not an important thing, but very-very comfy :)

:D

Dadeo

Docs Group Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 26, 2006
    Himalayas, India
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    Re: AW: Re: The Future of MyFilms?

#myfilms.user.source (mapped to the db-field as configured in myfilms setup, similar to master/secondary title and the item1/2/3)
    Great solution imo!

Also I figured out the problem with logos - my bad, I used a relative path DUH, so it was the MyFlimsLogos.xml I was using that created the folder in Program Files.

Also, thx for the explanation about fanart2. I think you did tell me that once before :oops: It's just that in the xml it LOOKs almost the same as MovPics and TVSeries so I expected it to work the same. But that is fine.

Sorry did not get a chance to test the latest dll tonight. I will try first thing in the morning.

Guzzi

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 20, 2007
    AW: Re: AW: Re: AW: Re: AW: Re: The Future of MyFilms?

I can wait, this is not an important thing, but very-very comfy :)

:D

Ok, will check it after we got the 4.9.x version "finalized" for 5.x ... have planned to implement some global options for watch status anyway, so this possibly fits together .

Guzzi

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 20, 2007
    AW: Re: AW: Re: The Future of MyFilms?

Great solution imo!
    Ok, will implement that.

Also, thx for the explanation about fanart2. I think you did tell me that once before :oops: It's just that in the xml it LOOKs almost the same as MovPics and TVSeries so I expected it to work the same. But that is fine.
    It is definately the same in the skin, yes - changing the fanart is done from inside the plugin - and MyFilms doestn't do it, when the movie itself does not change ;-)

Sorry did not get a chance to test the latest dll tonight. I will try first thing in the morning.

Will probably release another one later ;-)

Guzzi

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 20, 2007
    AW: The Future of MyFilms?

here it is....
    added
    #myfilms.config.currentconfig
    #myfilms.user.source
    splitted length and added .unit

Edit: Deleted attachment

Guzzi

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 20, 2007
    AW: Re: The Future of MyFilms?

I get 'wrong file format' when I try to install MyFilms-4.9.3.2.mpe1 :confused:

hmmm, might be, because I created it with 1.2svn mpe-maker? Will recreate with 1.1.2 mpe-maker and hope this works better...

Guzzi

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 20, 2007
    AW: The Future of MyFilms?

One general question:

currrently we have:
    #myfilms.db.property
    #myfilms.db.property.label
    #myfilms.db.property.unit

Should I change to:
    #myfilms.db.property.value
    #myfilms.db.property.label
    #myfilms.db.property.unit

Seems more logic for me personally - so now it's still possible to change ;-) - imho it makes skinfiles easier to "read"...

Let me know what you think.

Unfortunately I HAD to change it to variant 2 due to a bug in mediaportal 1.1.2 and below - so sorry for inconvenience, you have to change skin again and replave all property vales - e.g. #myfilms.db.year -> #myfilms.db.year.value

I am currently changing th ecode and will post update when it's done....

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread